ch4

Pretense

Yerin's POV

Sojung unnie changed. She thought no one knew, but I did. Ever since that night.

I heard her crying a few weeks ago. Everyone was in bed yet shortly after I was, I could hear sniffs and muffled cries. It was her. I stayed up until I could no longer hear her and I got off my bed to check on her. Her phone was still unlocked so I decided to check it. What I saw infuriated me. She was reading hate comments.

She always wore long sleeved tops even though in the past she hated them. She once used to constantly ask us to hang out whenever we were free. The one that always made conversastions with us. But that changed. It was like she was a walking robot, going through routine. Doing what she had to do and saying what she had to say. She was always asleep or in her own world.

Each night as I pretended to be asleep, she would be there crying. I tried talking to her about it and how she could talk to any of us but she would always brush me off. I thought that there wouldn't be a night when she wouldn't cry anymore but I was wrong. I could no longer hear her ragged breathing and muffled cries. The bed no longerr shook as it did when she was shaking from crying. I actually thought she was handling things better. Hell, I was so wrong.

Her smile became non-existent. Once we got back to the dorm she would go straight to bed and stay there until our next schedule with her curtains closed unless she was needed. Everyone started to notice the change and that was when I decided to tell the members and manager about the nights she cried herself to sleep. They were shocked and concerned, but at the same time filled with anger at the haters and their leader for not saying a word to them about how she felt.

We were scared. No matter what we did to try to get her to talk to us, it was to no avail. 

We were afraid of losing her.

Perhaps, we already did.

And we were scared of not finding a way to get her back.

 

 

----------------

a/n : this story is going to end soon. probably 2 more chapters unless I write a different ending bc I have already written them! Thank you for the read. I don't really know what else to say since this is a heavy story..