Seven - Like Like You

That Summer I Left Neverland
Please log in to read the full chapter

We sat in silence long after Kara went inside. I was still trying to process everything they said and I couldn't bring my self to believe it. It's not that I find it highly impossible for him to do so, but what I really want to know is what he truly feels. I would be lying if I'd say that I didn't feel nor see how he somehow changed since summer started, but I don't want to feel disappointed by expecting something from all the gestures and the glances he kept on giving me.

 


I would also be lying if I'd say that I don't feel any different about him. The erratic heartbeat and the blush that seem to always creep up my entire being whenever he's around would be a dead giveaway!

 


I heard him clear his throat and I felt him shift to face me, which was kind of hard since the love seat isn't really giving us enough personal space. I also slightly faced him but I couldn't really look into him. 

 


"Kayleigh, I know I would be starting at the wrong foot by this, but I have to apologise for keeping a very important thing from you. You see, it started four years ago when we moved here in Westlake. Kleigh hyung bursted inside our new house along with a very pretty girl. For the first time, as a teenager, I felt a weird and fuzzy in my chest just by looking at you. Remember I always avoided you two? It's because I always get that weird feeling whenever you were around so I did my best to not interact or even see you. I know how you guys tirelessly tried to involve me, but I blame my early teenage hormones for that, and to this day I still do.

 


Then came 7th grade, you became my classmate. I would never forget that on Urban Dance class we became partners! And to think how everything turned out after that, I'd say that I wouldn't change a thing. I know I'd always come out as annoying and we'd always come head to head on most things, but that was my way of getting your attention because I didn't know any other way to get close to you.

 

 

And this summer, I just- I wanted to somehow make you see me in a different way. The day I dragged you out of your house I wanted to just tell you to forget about my cousin and maybe take a chance on me. I always did my best to distract you into not thinking much about him, I guess I succeeded? 

 

 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I like you Kayleigh. I like you to the point that I'm willing to wait for the day tha

Please log in to read the full chapter