Six - Something Inexplicable

That Summer I Left Neverland
Please log in to read the full chapter

Haven't I said this before? That me and Pete don't roll this way? That never in any case would I meddle in his love life. I've made it clear, but my best friend doesn't even remember when I've said it. Okay, maybe I haven't spoken about it, but I thought he knew that I would never play as his wingman, because 1, I am a girl. And 2, I'm also best friends with the one he's eyeing out or trying to pursue or whatever! Can't it just be Kaeon? For all I know he's willing to be part of this!

 


But I could never say no to a puppy faced Kleighton. I didn't have enough willpower to. It . Really.

 


"So as I'm saying, maybe I could serenade her? What do you think? Too cliché?" He was prepared alright. He had a pen and notebook and he made a list! I had to give to him though, he really is serious about Kara which somehow made me happy.

 


"Hey wingwoman! Are you there?" I flinched as I saw Pete waving his hands in front of me. 

 


"You've been out of it since we got here? Everything alright? Trouble in paradise?" He teased me as he wiggled his eyebrows.

 


"No! It's not that! Do you even need me here though. I mean, you have it all planned out and stuff. Shouldn't I supposed to help you get to Kara instead?" I was flustered by his questions, and unknowingly blabbered about what I was thinking earlier.

 


"It's fine. I just- well I just want your approval of everything I'm going to do." He said as he looked at me intently.

 


"Okay. Why?" I leaned in closer to the table.

 

"Well, 1 you are Kara's bestfriend, 2 I know Kaeon's too busy to do this with me, and 3 I trust you into keeping me afloat if I ever get too out of it wooing her." He was tapping his pen as he finished. I suddenly felt selfish and un-bestfriendly.

 


I sighed and looked at him, straight in the eyes.

 


"Pete, I'll do it. I'll be your wingwoman, so long as you promise me that you will take care of Kara and never ever hurt her in any way. You hear me? Make her cry once and you'll see what I mean. Got it?" I stared at him. It's not that I don't trust him, but Kara is too precious to be hurt. She has been like a mother to me fawning and always looking out for me, this is the only thing I could think of. If Pete does something bad to her, I might forget that we've been bff's since diapers.

 


"Yes Ma'am! I promise. But I cannot promise not to make her cry. Because she might cry out of happiness someday." He smiled confidently and I pat his head.

 


"Okay. I wish I could be here with you all day, but Kaeon promised to help me look for cars today. Dad has been really generous and put more on my first car budget." I smiled at him. As if on cue, my phone rang and I heard a beep right at the window where me and Pete were sitting.

 


I said my goodbye and I went to the red Range Rover Sport that was waiting outside. And little did I know, the knowing smile on my best friend's face as he saw his cousin open the passenger door for me. He saluted to his hyung and jogged off to his side. And another pair of eyes somehow saw the whole thing, thinking something was left out of their friendship.

 


We drove to the car dealer where he got his car. I have been considering getting a Range Rover too, but it's too big. Although I wouldn't want a sedan or a smart City car. 

 


"So you are narrowing your choice, into just SUVs?" He inquired as he drove.

 


"Yeah, but I don't think this suit me well. I have been looking online for some ideas, but I really think I need to see them in person, to really get the feel." I am really 

 

 

"You've driven my car numerous times, I mean I think it suits you just fine. All you have to know is, the feeling when you sit in the driver's seat. If you're not comfortable then go find another one. It's like finding the perfect pair of shoes."

 


I nodded as I absorbed what he said. But more over, I'm thinking about Kara. I wish I could just tell her! I've been itching to tell her, but I wouldn't do that. I've been dropping subtle hints, but it all seemed falling off on deaf ears. It's somehow frustrating because I'd want to help Pete, and at the same time I want to tell Kara everything!

 


"Hey! Are you okay. You've been spacing out a lot recently. What's the deal?" I turned to me for a second before concentrating on the road again.

 


"It's just, I feel like I'm betraying Kara. I mean, I wanted to tell her what's happening. I wanted to tell her about Kleighton

Please log in to read the full chapter