One - The Telltale of a Heartbreak

That Summer I Left Neverland
Please log in to read the full chapter

We all have experienced this right? You know when you're tired but you somehow lay restless in bed. Then you start thinking. Things that should've been forgotten and things that you regret. It . 

 

After Kleighton dropped me off. (With the constant staring and pleading me to tell him what the eff is wrong. Which I begrudgingly shook off.) I went straight to the comfort of my bed thinking I need to sleep 'it' off. But, no avail, I am just staring at my ceiling, specifically at my galaxy of luminous stickers that I had since Primary School. I stole the idea from him, okay. 

 

Next thing I knew, I am now perched atop of my Dad's step ladder and pain stakingly tried to pry the stars off. With the additional spewing off curses and hissing as the paint and dust made it's way into my eyes. After a good thirty minutes, (more like) an hour, I finally have a moon like ceiling. 

 

(Mental note, repaint ceiling before weekend ends and DO NOT LET Mom see this!)

 

Next, because I wasn't really thinking, my beddings are now a mess so I had to remove them and put new ones. Once that's done, I zeroed in on my photo wall beside my desk, might as well clean this too. But as I look through these polaroids I couldn't bring myself to unpin a single one. I gave up the idea and plopped down on a beanbag beside the window. 

 

It's such a beautiful day, not too sunny, so unlikely for the beginning of May. And so unlikely for the state of Sunny California.

 

I rested my head down the beanbag when my phone rang. I reached out to my phone, using my toes because I'm too lazy to stand. 

 

Kara Lyn calling…

 

"Hey! Doing anything right now?" she started off in her usual bright tone.


"Not really. You have anything in mind, though?" I said tiredly.


"I was thinking of just hanging out there at your house. Mine's been too quiet. What do you say?" I could picture her already starting to leave their house.


"Yea. Sure. Maybe you could help me on my next project?" say yes, please?!


"Okay! And yeah, I have to tell you something too! I'm on my way now, see you!" She dropped the call. 


In just a few our doorbell rang, she's here. I heard her greet my Mom in her chirpy cheery voice. They shared a few pleasantries then I heard her knock on my door.

 

"Come in!"


"Hey!" She beamed at me and somehow I smiled as well.


She sat next to me on another beanbag.


Please log in to read the full chapter