Five - Coming Clean

That Summer I Left Neverland
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kara has finally come home and she and I are hanging out in her room. Yes, she did bring me home tons of sweets. And she even brought my Mom some Canadian Bacon. 

 


I was busy munching on a bar of Mars when she dove right at me. I only managed to let out an 'oomph' as she rolled away.

 


"I'm bored. Let's go to Café Astron!" She faced me and started pulling me up from lying down her bed.

 


"Sure. I haven't been there since friday." I said silently. I was fixing my hair in front of her vanity mirror when she pulled my arm to face her.

 


"Who did you come with? You never go there alone. Is it? Oh my gosh! Tell me! Did you tell him already?" She was smiling at me, expecting .

 


"I went there with Kaeon. We hung out the whole week last week. Kleighton's mostly away since he took a summer job at Step Studio. And no, I haven't told him. Yet." I answered her. 

 

Her happy bubble seemed to deflate after I told her that.

 


"But you guys are okay now? You aren't hiding from him anymore?" She asked silently.

 


"Nope. But I'm going to come clean to him one of these days, okay? Plus, he told me he's got into liking someone. Sure it's not me." I told her bluntly. 

 


Although I came into the conclusion that Pete and I are platonic, it's not really my place to tell Kara about his feelings.

 


Kara and I drove to Café Astron without much chit chat. She has issues with people talking to her when she's driving. I always told her that she should practice driving more or else she wouldn't get around much and her car would just rust away in the garage. And speaking of driving, Kaeon has been teaching me the past week since Dad is always busy at the firm and Mom's not a very good driving instructor. Good news is I got to drive his brand new Range Rover!

 


We arrived without any damages. I was laughing at Kara because she was so close to cursing when she saw that the parking lot was full, so she had no choice but to parallel park at the other side of the street. I offered to do it but she insisted. 

 


"It's good practice." She said, her brows furrowed in concentration.

 


I sat at a booth by the window as she went to the counter to look at the pastries. After about five minutes she came back and I stood up to order for us.

 


I was waiting in line to the cashier when someone covered my eyes with their hands.

 


"Come on Pete! I know it's you." I said as I pulled his hands away. I thanked the heavens because I wasn't zapped with strange sparks this time.

 


"Hey Tink! On a date?" He asked as he lined up behind me.

 


"Nope. I'm with Wendy.." I smirked waiting for his reaction.

 


"Really? Ah, I wish I could hang with you but I'm only on break." He literally looks like a puppy now. I tapped his cheek to 'console' him.

 


"To bad lover boy. But can we meet later? It's been a while since we hung out." I stepped forward as the person in front of me went to the cashier.

 


"Sure. Let's meet here? I'll be out at 4:30." He said as he looked at his watch.

 


"Okay. Should I order for you too? So you can go and wait with Kara at our table.." I chided him. He handed me a twenty but I refused, he nodded and went off to our table.

 

 

I was carrying the tray with our drinks and wraps. I saw them happily chatting, i expected a punch in the gut but I only felt warm inside. I was surprised at it, and it only made me smile as I continued heading for our table.

 

 

Pete left hurriedly. He almost forgot that he's only on break. I had to laugh at him when he stuttered as he bid goodbye. 

 

 

"I'm gonna tell him." I told Kara out of the blue.

 

 

"Really? When?" That got her excited.

 

 

"Later. After he goes off from work. And please, your ship will not sail okay? I'm telling him for the sake of my being Bestfriends with him. I don't like hiding stuff from him, that's why I'm coming clean." I smiled genuinely.

 

 

"Fine. But will you be okay?" She held my ha

Please log in to read the full chapter