Two - Before Wendy

That Summer I Left Neverland
Please log in to read the full chapter

It has been days since I left the house. Kara has been my constant companion throughout, not even knowing why I'm even moping for that matter. Kleighton has been bugging me through texts, voicemail, FaceTime and even DMs on my social media accounts. He even dropped by everyday but I ward him off everytime saying that I'm really not feeling well, and so with hesitation he left. But not before eyeing me. It was an awkwardly painful encounter. A first for us since we have declared ourselves each other's best friend. 

 

To pass the time I came into reading again. Although I'm not really sure if it is helping. I blame my choice of genre for this. All giving me false hopes on this Unrequited love I have put upon my self. I officially declare that I am truly a hopeless case.

 

I went back into laying on my comfy bed, I the music this time. But then again, I felt worse than I was before.


(Play: Stay - Blackpink)


Unconsciously tears began falling. I couldn't bring my self to stop. It was all too much. It hurts too much. Because I have loved him too much. I made my self believe into thinking that one of these days he'll come around. Maybe he would somehow realize that he loves me too, more than just a friend. (Or best friend for that matter.)

 

~ You taste so sweet, the sweetest felony…~

 

I remember the day I've realized my feelings.

 

I was a Sophomore, while he's in his Junior year. It was a usual afternoon. The main hallway is flocked by students hurrying to get out of the school. Being a Friday, everyone's really rushing to get the hell out. I for one was taking my time since I still had to wait for him. It has been some sort of tradition that he drives me home ever since he got his driver's license. So, as per usual, I arranged my stuff and headed to the dance studio to wait for him. Sitting on the stairwell near the West wing by the fire exit, I took out my earphones and a book to read for literature. I was halfway thru when I felt someone tapping on my shoulder. I took out my earphones as I turned to that person. It was Charlotte. Kleighton's fellow dance team member, also a junior. I offered a kind smile as she sat next to me.

 

She handed me a bottle of cold brew which I accepted with a smile. Then she started off with something I wish I could unhear (if that was possible). 

 


So to summarize her agonizing monologue, she wants my help to get closer to Kleighton. It was so cliché I could barf. I mean, she could straightout asked him, why does it have to involve me? And why does she need my help anyway? If all the rumors going around campus were true, she and Kleighton are somewhat an attractive pair. By attractive, meaning lots of 'fans' have been pairing them up and even made a Facebook page for them. So why ask me for 'help'?

 

I told her that if she really likes him, she should just straightout ask him. I know my best friend. He would not just reject anyone like some sort of jerk. He is gentle and very understanding. And if she succeeds with it, she would be the first girl he'll ever date. Plus, Charlotte's not that bad. She's not some to anyone and is probably one of the most admirable student on campus. 

 

Somehow dispirited  by my lack of cooperation to her plan, she sadly smiled. I looked over her and told her that me and Kleighton don't roll that way. She understood and took her leave. I went back to my book when I received a text from him.

 

From: Peter Pan

I might take a little lon

Please log in to read the full chapter