Three - The Knight (Part I)

That Summer I Left Neverland
Please log in to read the full chapter

People often say that time heals all wounds. But does that apply for self-inflicted injuries? If so, how long would it take me to fully recover from it? It's funny though, but these questions have been clouding my mind for the past few days.

 

Two weeks had passed since the incident. It has been two weeks since I've shut the world down and retired to the confines of my room, which has caught my mother's attention. She has been bugging me and shooting me those pleading looks. But I have decided that it is best to get over this predicament in silence. 

 

Kara came over last night, telling me that they're going to Vancouver for a week. She even said that Pete and I should be at least okay by the time she comes back. I only sighed in response as she gave me a little pep talk. On the side note, she dyed her hair into a pinkish purplish color, it's actually pretty. It suits her bright personality well. Before she left, I told her to have fun and even joked that she should bring me lots of sweets. And knowing her, she would bring me back tons. That somehow lightened my mood.

 

Knowing my girl best friend is on board to somewhere far, it somehow saddened me again. I avoid going outside thinking that I might bump into Kleighton. So no. Not going anywhere.

 

It's going to be a very long summer. 

 

I was concentrating into getting three crowns for Yiruma's River Flows In You in Piano Tiles when Mom knocked on my door.


"Sweetie, someone's here to see you. And it's not Kleighton, promise!" She said teasingly. I don't know how she caught up with that (because everytime he comes by she's out somewhere) but it doesn't matter now.

 

"Okay, I'll be right down." I lazily stood up from my bed and went to look at my self in front of the mirror.

 

I brushed my hair with my fingers and leaned in closer to see if I have anything on my face. I tried my best to unwrinkle the shirt I'm wearing and pulled my jean shorts down a bit. Maybe it's a boy, judging from my mother's excitement. I shook my head with that thought. 

 

As I walked downstairs and peeked to the living room, I saw a familiar figure sitting on our two seater with his back facing me. I unconsciously pulled my already short shorts down a bit more as I approached him and my Mom.

 

"Oh, here she is! I'll leave you two okay, I'm gonna head out to the grocery.." my mom said rather too excitedly as she practically skipped to the kitchen.

 

I passed by him and sat on the couch opposite from him. All the while he was looking at me with a gentle smile on his face that reached his now crescent eyes.

 

"Hi Kayleigh." his voice still soothing as always.

 

"Hello Kaeon. How's it going?" I said trying hard not to sound as if I haven't spoken in days.

 

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" A playful smirk now on his face.

 

I rolled my eyes in response to him and he let out a chuckle as always. Kaeon and I, have this weird way of getting along. He and I would always sound like we're bantering to others but everyone who knows us knew better. Kara once said that if I wasn't in love with Kleighton she would think that there's something going on between me and Kaeon. "You two sound like a married couple, really." She would always say, and Kleighton would throw a fit of laughter by that and ultimately agree. 

 

"Hey, let's go out! It's summer, we should have fun, eh? I've heard you've been camping in your room for two weeks now. Let's get ice cream hmm?" He offered as he

Please log in to read the full chapter