Seasonal #1 - Halloween 2017

One Great Step: Infinite Fic Fest

Theme: Trick-Or-Treat! 

Halloween is a fun season, spooky mixed with mischief, and what better way to celebrate it than with a trick-or-treat styled ficfest? We hope the mix of ideas will inspire writers to try something fun, be it dark themes, fluffy sugary goodness or an interesting mix of both! The format this time is also slightly different from our previous ficfests and will be explained below. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment on this chapter, or send a tweet to @ogs_ficfest.

We look forward to your participation!

 

i. Guidelines

  • This Halloween ficfest is a palette challenge, with prompts provided in a mix and match style (see Prompts below).
  • There will be a sign-up form for interested writers and 2 check-ins before the final submission to help writers keep track of their progress (please see Timeline below for more details).
  • Fics from this Halloween event should be submitted to OGS_TrickOrTreat collection. Finished fics will be spaced out and posted over a period of 3 days. Fics will be anonymous until the reveal.
  • To make it more fun for the readers, we also have a “Guess the Writers!” event! The list of participants will be announced beforehand; readers have a few days to read the posted works and guess the writer of each fic (more details about the event will be announced later).

 

ii. Prompts

Prompts will be presented on 2 palettes, each with a mix of “tricks” (horror/darker-tone options) or “treats” (more light-hearted choices). Writers simply choose a prompt from each palette; i.e. one prompt from palette #1 + one prompt from palette #2.

There is no restriction to the type of prompt chosen: they may both be “tricks”, “treats” or a combination of “trick” and “treat” (for example: both “tricks” - cemetery + ouija board; or a mixture of both types - Lucifer + sugar rush). Pairing(s)/member(s) in the fic are up to the writer’s discretion. Not sure where to start? We have created moodboards with various combination on twitter or tumblr, feel free to use them for inspiration!

5 simple steps to participate 

Step 1: Choose your own pairing/member. (There are no restrictions; OT3, OT4, OT7, etc. are all welcomed.)
Step 2: Select a setting, genre, or character from palette #1.
Step 3: Select a trope, or halloween-related event/object from palette #2.
Step 4: Fill in the sign-up form. (Please provide an active email account, that will be our main form of correspondence.) [Bonus round sign-up form here]
Step 5: Create your story with a minimum of 700 words. (There is no maximum word count.)

 

*Note: For a larger and clearer view of the palettes, please open the images in a new tab.

 

iii. Timeline

Sign-up (6 - 20 27 August)

Please sign up here. Do not worry about having to finalise which prompts you are using; you may tick as many prompts as you are interested in at this stage.


Check-in #1 (3 - 6 September)

A check-in form will be emailed to you. You will need to inform us of your selected member(s)/pairing(s), what your final two prompts are, as well as provide a short summary or guideline of your fic. If for some reason you are unable to continue with the ficfest, you may still drop out at this stage. Participants who fail to submit the check-in form by the deadline (6th September) would be assumed to have dropped out from the ficfest.


Check-in #2 (1 - 4 October)

Please submit a draft of 700~1000 words to [email protected]. A reminder email would be sent to writers a day beforehand.


Submission (28 October)

All fics claimed in this chapter go under OGS_TrickOrTreat collection. Writers may post their fic to the collection once they're done (i.e. there's no need to wait until the 28th to post). If you do not have an AO3 account, please mail us your completed fic and we'll post it for you. Do note that because the collection is anonymous and unrevealed, the mods will be the ones controlling when your fic appears as posted. Before the fic has been approved by the mods, it will appear as a “Mystery Work” in the collection and will not be visible under the Infinite (Band) tag. Your fic will also appear anonymous once published until the mods reveal the authors. Fics submitted earlier would be posted earlier.


Posting (29-31 October)


Guess the Writers! (31 October - 4 November)

Details will be announced again. Follow us on twitter to get the latest updates!


Reveal (4 November)

 

iv. [BONUS ROUND] Pinch Hit!

Missed the original sign-up? No worries, we're opening a bonus round for more writers to join! Please read through the guidelines below if you want to sign-up~

  • Prompts would follow the original palette challenge (see ii. Prompts above).
  • Unlike the original round, writers just need to sign up here before 7 October, and we will not have any check-in. If you sign-up but are unable to complete the fic, do inform us on twitter or email [email protected] to let us know.
  • Due to the shorter timeline, the minimum word count for the bonus round is 500 words, not 700 words as in the original round.
  • Submission date for the completed fic is on 4 November, 1 week after the deadline of the original round.
  • Completed fics should go under OGS_TrickOrTreat collection. As submission for this bonus round is after the reveal of authors for the original round, works will not appear anonymously. However, the collection will still be unrevealed so mods can schedule when your work is posted. As usual, fics submitted earlier would be posted earlier.
  • Posting schedule will be announced later, but all fics will be posted by 11 November.
     

v. Finished Fics

  1. Nightmares by strawberryhyun020805
    [-] Hoya/Woohyun
    Prompts: Demon Hunters + Nightmares
  2. Two is better than One (Double the trouble) by LuneChat
    [M] Sunggyu/Woohyun, Hoya/Woohyun, side!Myungsoo/Sungyeol
    Prompts: Supernatural Creatures + Blood Contract
  3. Vectors by CantabileCross
    [-] Sunggyu/Hoya, Sunggyu/Myungsoo
    Prompts: Psychological + Time Loop