#2 April 2017 – Implausible, Not Impossible

One Great Step: Infinite Fic Fest

Theme: Implausible, Not Impossible

In the spirit of April’s Fool, let this month’s prompts be as wild and implausible as you can think of: magic, supernatural, fantasy, sci-fi, or anything out of this world! Things can be as crazy as a talking chicken fillet begging to be eaten; as absurd as Sungyeol jumping off a tall building to test if he can fly only to realise he can’t (but he can teleport); as random as Dongwoo getting his wish to sleep on clouds; as magical as Sungjong finding a way to enter the land of fairies; as incredulous as Infinite crossing dimensions to another universe; as ty as someone being shown that double dicking isn’t as impossible as they thought; or even as simple as a prank war in Hogwarts.

Bonus Challenge: Motifs

A motif is a recurring theme, idea or object that appears throughout the story and serves some significance. It can be used to hint at something, to foreshadow something the reader doesn’t expect, or just to reinforce the main overarching theme of the work. For example, in the Sungyeol tries to fly prompt above, a possible foreshadowing done through recurring motif could be objects that an take flight contrasted against objects that can’t – birds against cats, planes against cars, and how Sungyeol, a similarly flightless creature (though he doesn’t know it in the story) is contrasted against someone else whose ability is flight. Consider how motifs can be used to enhance your story's idea or theme! You can read more about motifs here.


Prompting (1st – 7th April)

It is not necessary to need an account to prompt as anonymous comments are allowed and preferred, and there is no limit to how many times you can prompt. Do note that all prompts will be moderated regardless.

For last month’s prompts, we were quite generous in accepting prompts even though some did not appear to fit the theme very well, or would require some extrapolation on our side to imagine how it would fit the theme. Although prompts shouldn’t be too specific, please do show how your prompt fits the theme, or we might reject it from this month onwards. Additionally, if you are submitting a prompt based on a show e.g. Pokemon!AU, do add a sentence or phrase relating the AU to the theme (please do not leave your prompt as just “Pokemon!AU”) because it would be hard for writers to respond to your prompt.    


Claiming Prompts (8th April – 7th May)

Writers may claim a prompt by replying to the comment. Please read the FAQ writing section on the first page for more details about claiming. You may begin writing as soon as your claimed prompt is approved.


Writing (8th April – 29th May)


Posting (30th May)

All fics claimed in this chapter go under OGS_Implausible collection. Writers may post their fic to the collection once they're done (i.e. there's no need to wait until the 30th to post).

If you are writing on AFF, just publish your fic as usual, and leave a comment on this page with the month, link to your fic and the prompt you have claimed! Please follow the format given below. We will add your fic to the list of finished fics on the appropriate month's chapter!

Month: #2 April 2017
Claimed Prompt: (Paste the description of your prompt here)
Link to your fic:


Finished Fics

  1. The True Monster Is The One That Wears Your Face by meng_ren
    [T] Myungsoo/Hoya
  2. Weight by cian1675
    [G] Myungsoo/Dongwoo, side!Sunggyu/Hoya
  3. King Of Peeves by msinpinitu (Knaija)
    [G] Woohyun/Sungyeol, side!Sunggyu/Woohyun