#3 June 2017 – Lose Yourself

One Great Step: Infinite Fic Fest

Theme: Lose Yourself

No matter how good something is, too much of it is never a good thing. One can lose themselves in their passion, in their work, to obsessions, to a relationship. Yet, that short moment of being lost, engrossed in creation, immersed in fiction can be an experience unlike any other - technicolour, liberating, wonderful. Ultimately it depends on how it’s perceived. Losing yourself can be a moment of insanity, but also a moment of clarity that sparks a journey of self-discovery.

Feel free to interpret the theme; there are many types of loss and “yourself” doesn’t have to refer only to the characters, but the readers or even writer.

Bonus Theme: Picture Prompt

For this month, you can also submit picture prompts! They must be related to the theme “Lose Yourself”. Because the picture should explain most of your prompt, the remainder of your prompt is limited to 10 words. An example is posted in the comments for reference. Please see AO3 for format required. Please exercise common sense and internet etiquette in using images.


Prompting (1st – 7th June)

Prompting will be done on AO3It is not necessary to need an account to prompt as anonymous comments are allowed and preferred, and there is no limit to how many times you can prompt. Do note that all prompts will be moderated regardless.

Please do show how your prompt fits the theme, or we might reject it from this month onwards. If you are submitting a prompt based on a show e.g. Pokemon!AU, do add a sentence or phrase relating the AU to the theme (please do not leave your prompt as just “Pokemon!AU”) because it would be hard for writers to respond to your prompt.


Claiming Prompts (8th – 29th June)

Claiming will also be done on AO3. Writers may claim a prompt by replying to the comment. For AFF writers, please write your AFF username when commenting (on AO3). Please read the FAQ writing section on the first page for more details about claiming. You may begin writing as soon as your claimed comment is approved.


Posting (30th June)

All fics claimed in this chapter from June 2017 go under OGS_LoseYourself collection. Writers may post their fic to the collection once they're done (i.e. there's no need to wait until the 30th to post)

If you are writing on AFF, just publish your fic as usual, and leave a comment on this page with the month, link to your fic and the prompt you have claimed! Please follow the format given below. We will add your fic to the list of finished fics on the appropriate month's chapter!

Month: #3 June 2017
Claimed Prompt: (Paste the description of your prompt here)
Link to your fic:


Finished Fics

*None at the moment*