Chapter 7

Bound by Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day passed by in a blur for Hye Kyo as she scheduled and rescheduled meetings with the departments of the company, other companies, brushing up on her knowledge of the company, all done with the help of Dae Young. She was really elated and relieved to have such a "sunbae" in guiding her to immerse in this job. She knew it was going to be one hectic of a job but she was glad that she'd have something to distract her. 

To her relief, she had made friends with everyone in the office. All of them had been really welcoming and her bubbly character was well liked by all her colleagues. They were more than delighted to finally see a non boss crazy secretary...

"Ahhh our star of the day, you are finally here! How was your first official day?" The beautiful short hair woman placed her glass down on the table and questioned her best friend who had finally reached. 

"Hello best friend! Do you see the start of my dark eye circles? Because I actually do," Hye Kyo greeted her friend with a hug. It seemed like donkey years since the last time Myeung Ju heard her friend crack a joke and smiled so genuinely.

After ordering a drink for Hye Kyo, they had sat in the bar, gluping down drink by drink as they chatted about everything under the sun. Like all girls do. Myeung Ju was beyond delighted to see the  smile back on her best friend's pretty face. 

Tears and swollen eyes really spoils the beauty of her. Although she still looks like a goddess with them. Myeung Ju had wanted to about the unspoken spark between Joong Ki her boyfriend had filled her in but decided against it as she was reminded of what had happened to Hye Kyo a week ago.

 

It was any other night as she was preparing to submit to her dreams and have her beauty sleep when she heard her doorbell ring. It was surprising to have guests at that time of the day and she had her guards up.

As she cautiously opened her door, to her utmost surprise, her best friend was standing at her doorstep, shivering uncontrollably while tears flowed down her eyes like an open tap and she was in a mess- her hair was all over her face, eyeliner ruined as it left a streak of black running down the corner of her eye. She looked terrible. After recovering from the intial shock of seeing Hye Kyo in such a pitiful state, she quickly ushered her into the warmth of her abode.

"Babe, babe shhh it's okay, I'm here," Myueng Ju had planted the shivering human on her posh leather sofa as she gently held her in her arms, patting her back in a soothing motion.

She knew her best friend better than to say anything, the last time she had seen her in such a state was during the demise of her father when she was in university, as she had always been optimistic and strong girl. Silence and her physical existence was the best comfort Myeung Ju knew she could offer to Hye Kyo then.

It took minutes, no almost an hour for Hye Kyo to stop crying but Myeung Ju was there. She had finally decided to ease the curiosity of her friend by opening up.

"I.. I.. broke up.. with Yun Gi.." she sobbed and sniffed as she uttered out the words she never thought she would in her whole life. Min Yun Gi had been her sunbae in university and had been there for her throughout, pursuing her, like her long queue of fanboys Myeung Ju would call it. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter