Eight

Mr. Grumpy

Jungkook got lost on his way back home, which he blamed entirely on Taehyung.

Seeing the other male outside of the dance class he had just joined was a bit of a shock, to say the least.

And apparently Crazy Guy also knew Shortie McShort (a nickname he had thought of for the guy who was in the dance class (Jimin was his name maybe?), he hadn't said it out-loud to the guy as he was worried Shortie would be as crazy as Taehyung and react to his joke in a bad way... Jungkook had definitely learnt his lesson not to piss of strangers...)

He had only joined the class on Hoseok's insistence, who had been in the class himself when he was 'still young and carefree, with dreams of being a dancer' (this was said with an altogether dramatic and wistful expression, completely with extravagant hand gestures. Hoseok really should've gone into the theatre...)

Jungkook had always been interested in music and dance, his friends even made bets of the likelihood of him becoming a world famous pop star. 

Except Jungkook knew from a young age he was to inherit the Jeon company.

But he still continued to sing and dance as a hobby, which was how he became friends with Yoongi and Hoseok. 

As he got more involved with the company, though, he began to lose touch with his musical side. 

It was only a few nights before when Hoseok commented on him being touchier than usual and suggested he take up his old passion that Jungkook actually realised he missed it.

Being back on the dance-floor, moving fluidly to the thrum of the music made him feel happier than he had felt in a while.

It wasn't like he hated his job (since who could hate financial security, a decent social life and literally have a company in your own name... Only Marx would see any issues in that!), but he would sometimes feel a tug of something in his gut.

A 'what if' tug that showed him a completely different world, a world of music and award shows and massive stages with crowds of eager faces looking at him as he performs.

He often pushed these thoughts back, though, since dwelling on what could've been instead of focusing on all that has been never gets anyone, anywhere...

So that meant he only thought about it briefly, and very occasionally.

Deciding to instead force all the emotions back into a small part of his brain labelled 'things I wish I could forget, opposed to the things that I do forget which are actually important & I kinda wish I could remember those things' and starts distracting himself with tv shows, films or binge eating.

Or, by going out to some bar with his few friends.

Which was exactly what Hoseok suggested a few days after the 'Taehyung Dance Room' incident.

Hoseok brought along Namjoon, and Jungkook had called Yoongi up to see if he wanted to go but got no reply (maybe he was asleep, maybe he was robbing a bank, Jungkook really didn't know) so the three went to one of the local bars.

The place was packed, despite it being a weekday evening, although most were probably students looking for some release as deadlines crept forward.

Jungkook half wish he'd had the chance to go to university, but he parents instead got him an apprenticeship at their own company.

He didn't wish for the studying or exams (he'd had enough of that at school, thank you very much), but all the atmosphere and experiences that comes with a student life always felt so enticing to him.

He was so caught up in his own thoughts he didn't notice Hoseok was trying to get his attention until the latter prodded him in his side.

'Ow?' Jungkook questioned, rubbing his side with a pout.

'Just thought you might wanna know that your boyfriend is here' Hoseok grinned, nodding his head towards a small group of guys near the bar.

Jungkook frowned, a retort of 'I don't have a boyfriend' falling from his lips as he realised who was there.

Of course, as if the whole universe couldn't leave him in peace for a few goddamn minutes, it was Taehyung.

He was wearing casual clothes for once (since Jungkook only ever saw him in formal wear, it was a strange experience) although could still pass as a model.

Not that he would admit that, but a passing thought on the matter was fine.

'Boyfriend? I didn't know you were dating Kook?' Namjoon asked as the navigated through the sea of bodies to get drinks (thankfully not too near to Taehyung and his group).

'I don't...' Jungkook sighed. 'Hoseok just likes to cause me misery'

'Hoseok? Misery? You sure we're talkin about the same guy here?' Namjoon asked with a laugh. 'I don't think Hoseok could cause misery even if he wanted to... What may feel like misery from him is actually your own misery manufacturing itself onto him, probably because you're not admitting something to yourself. And in this case that's obviously-'

'Fine ok, he's not causing my misery, I am, I am the cause of all of my own woes and Hoseok is a literal sunshine...' Jungkook said quickly, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Namjoon seemed to be happy at his reply, and thankfully dropped the subject.

Hoseok returned to them then (Jungkook was vaguely aware he had gone, but only vaguely since he was too caught up in his own head... He tried not to psychoanalyse himself too much about that though.) cooing about some hot girls he'd seen near the mens toilets.

Namjoon seemed to perk up and started scanning the room, whilst Jungkook rolled his eyes and muttered 'straight people' under his breath.

They finally got to the bar and ordered their drinks (Hoseok drank anything sweet with high levels of alcohol, Namjoon went exclusively for wine (well, mostly exclusively...) and Jungkook opted for the lowest alcohol percentage and would only drink it if it had some kind of fruit juice mixed in, so he could at least pretend he was choosing the healthier option).

Namjoon continued to look around the place, probably to find an attractive girl to 'enjoy the company of', whilst Hoseok kept glancing at the corner near the toilets where he'd been before.

'If you guys are so desperate for some lady action, be my guest... 'Jungkook rolled his eyes. 'I'll just be here probably'

'You should try finding a pretty boy, maybe? I mean, not sure how many would be gay here but you never know...' Hoseok said with a greasy wink, Namjoon had already rushed off with his gangly limbs trying to get him through the many bodies.

Jungkook shrugged as Hoseok left too, leaving him feeling slightly awkward all alone.

He had refused to look at Taehyung since they'd reached the bar (if he didn't look, there was a bigger chance he could trick himself into thinking he was there) but in his boredom he found himself glancing around for the other male.

He eventually spots him, a drink in hand (which looked almost a dangerous neon pink colour) and laughing with his friends.

Shortie NcShort was with him, along with a taller handsome guy who almost seemed to have a glowing aura around him (Jungkook didn't believe in angels, but really that guy was something else).

They laughed again before Taehyung turned towards Jungkook.

Well, he turned towards the bar (not noticed Jungkook yet, thankfully).

'One more of 'ese please!' He called to the bartender, hiccuping slightly and definitely sounding drunk.

Jungkook willed himself to blend into the people around him, but (as always) fate had other plans.

'Juhngkooger?' Taehyung said, looking directly at him with wide eyes. 'Are you 'talking me?'

'Talking?' Jungkook couldn't help himself from asking.

'Yeah.. 'Talking... Like a creepy 'talker!' Taehyung rolled his eyes dramatically, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

'Oh... I'm not stalking you! I cane here with... Friends' Jungkook realised his case was a bit weak, since his friends weren't there and he had been staring at Taehyung.

'Mmhmm' Taehyung replied, raising his eyebrows in a playful way. 

Jungkook was just about to make some kind of excuse when Probably An Actual Angel guy and Shortie McShort turned up.

'Jungkook! Fancy seeing you here!' Jimin practically yelled, attempting to slap Jungkook's shoulder playfully but instead ended up loosely rubbing it. 

'Oh, so you're the infamous Jungkook?' The other male asked, clearly not as drunk as his 2 friends. 'I'm Seokjin, by the way'

'Nice to uh meet you...' Jungkook mumbled shyly, causing Jimin to automatically start cooing.

'Aww man you are so cute, isn't he cute? I can see why you fancy the pants of him Tae!' Jimin said with a giggle and a hiccup.

Taehyung, in his drunken state, didn't seem to notice his friend outing him and instead had been staring at Jungkook for a good few minutes.

Jungkook was feeling slightly terrified to say the least.

'Um I should be... Um going just yeah this was...' Jungkook said quickly, trying to move away from the 3 guys.

'No no! Come and join us we're playing I spy!' Taehyung said loudly, pulling on Jungkook's jacket. 

Jungkook reluctantly complied, entirely unsure about what was going to happen next...