Four

Mr. Grumpy

Jungkook woke up with a headache on the first day of work for Taehyung.

He wasn't going to blame Crazy Guy for giving it to him, because that would be crazy.

But he was certain if there was someone with weird voodoo powers ready to ruin his life, Taehyung would be the best candidate.

He sent Yoongi a text along the lines of 'if I die today, make sure someone deletes my browser history.'

To which Yoongi replied, 'what, in case people realise you googled 'topless G-Dragon' a lot?'

Jungkook didn't reply to that one.

Work was a 10 minute car drive away, sometimes closer to 20 minutes if traffic was particularly bad.

And traffic was always bad so Jungkook nearly always left 25 minutes before he needed to be in work.

On that day, surprisingly, it took him 12 minutes to get in, meaning he was very early.

He greeted the early morning cleaners before heading to his office.

It was a shame Hoseok wouldn't be there that early.

He grabbed a few documents he needed to look over and headed to the staff break room.

He was just outside when he heard a crash and a curse from someone inside.

Worried that someone had hurt themselves, Jungkook rushed in.

'Are you okay I heard a- Oh' He stopped in his tracks as none other than Kim Taehyung was standing by the sink clutching a broken mug and a tea towel.

Taehyung didn't say anything, although his face had gotten redder after getting caught.

Jungkook was close to saying a snide remark, but then remembered what Hoseok had said.

Ok, he could be civil.

'Are you um ok there?' He asked, cringing at how awkward his voice sounded.

Taehyung looked up at him properly, looking a bit confounded.

'Um... Yeh? Yeh I'm fine just a...' He waved the broken mug at Jungkook as the tea towel slipped from his hand.

Jungkook was about to turn around to leave, to avoid any further awkwardness, when he noticed a red stain on the tea towel.

He rushed forward, noting that Taehyung jerked back slightly, and yanked his hand towards him.

As he suspected there was a small cut in the centre of his hand that was bleeding quite a lot.

Taehyung pulled his hand away from Jungkook, eyeing him sheepishly.

'You need to bandage that up' Jungkook said plainly, folding his arms over his chest.

'Nah it's fine... I'll just wait for the bleeding to stop it'll be fine..' Taehyung said hurriedly.

Jungkook looked at the other with disbelief as he leant down to pick up the tea towel in his cut hand as if it were nothing.

'Look, I really insist you... Put a plaster on that at least or some disinfectant or something...' 

Taehyung looked at him before shaking his head.

'There's really no need it'll be fine'

Jungkook made his way to the cupboard where they kept the first aid box and grabbed a couple plasters and a small bandage.

He stepped towards Taehyung again, who was now getting a second mug from the shelf.

'Here I... There's some plasters if you could jus-' Jungkook began hesitantly.

'I don't need them!' Taehyung's voice was raised, startling Jungkook slightly.

The shock soon went away and he started frowning.

Why wouldn't this guy accept his help?!

He stepped forward again as Taehyung turned away from him again, before he tried to grab his cut hand.

Taehyung easily pulled his hand away, though, and stepped backwards away from Jungkook.

Jungkook followed, his fist clenched around the bandage and plasters.

They continued to move back until Taehyung hit the counter.

Jungkook moved closer, probably too close for people who had only met once before, and made a grab at Taehyungs hand.

Taehyung chose that point to try and yell, causing Jungkook to panic.

If anyone were to walk in they would think Jungkook was doing something other than trying to help this guy.

He quickly covered his hand over Taehyungs mouth to stop him yelling, causing the guys eyebrows to raise.

Taehyung tried to pull Jungkook's fingers away frantically, and there was a strange deja vu from both of them of the breathing scenario in the lift.

Jungkook took the opportunity to attempt to wrap Taehyung's hand in the bandage.

At that point, however, he felt something warm on his and glanced at Taehyung in confusion before realising the guy was actually him.

He pulled his hand away, wiping the spit on the arm of Taehyung's suit (no way was he going to put that on his suit).

'You just me?' He said incredulously, as Taehyung scowled back at him.

'Well you were trying to restrict my breathing! Seriously what is it with you and my wind pipe?'

'I have no interest in your wind pipe I'm just trying to help you out!' Jungkook raised his voice slightly, still desperately trying to bandage Taehyung's hand as he flailed it about. 

'I told you I don't need help!' Taehyubg said through gritted teeth, trying to push Jungkook away.

Jungkook weighed his options about what he should do next.

If he moved closer, close enough that he would be practically chest to chest with the guy, then he may be able to finally put a bandage on his hand.

That being said, if they were caught in that position, it might look bad on both of them (and trying to explain 'oh I was putting a bandage on his hand' wouldn't quite hold up...).

So his second option was to step back and let Taehyung cover everything in his blood.

Unfortunately for them, Jungkook was very, very stubborn.

So he stepped closer, Taehyung faltered in his movements, Jungkook took the opportunity to wrap his hand haphazardly in bandages, just as the door opened.

'Ah there you are Jungkook I was- Oh' It was Hoseok.

Jungkook flung himself away from Taehyung, who was looking flustered and guilty against the counter.

'Um Hoseok... Hi I was just...' Jungkook began, his voice gruff sounding. He swore internally as he noticed Hoseok's smile get wider and wider.

'This is the infamous Taehyung I'm guessing? Hi, I'm Jung Hoseok' Hoseok walked towards and greeted the guy with a handshake. 

'Um yeah I'm Kim Taehyung... Nice to uh... Meet you?' Taehyung stuttered, making Jungkook just a little bit proud that he made that obnoxious guy flustered.

'I've heard loads about you' Hoseok said suggestively, looking at Jungkook with a wink. 'Now don't let me interrupt your little... Whatever'

He gestured vaguely between them, still grinning broadly.

At that moment, Jungkook really hated his friend.

'We weren't doing anything' Jungkook said hurriedly at the same time as Taehyung said. 'Nothing was happening'

'Mmhmm?' Hoseok hummed. 'Sure, well I'll be going... Don't spend too long in here, we are at work after all'

With that Hoseok made his leave, pausing to wink once more at the both of them.

Jungkook felt like he couldn't possibly be any redder as he rushed off after Hoseok.

'Hoseok! Hoseok! Wait you've got the wrong idea!' He called after his friend's back. 'I was putting a bandage on his hand I was... We weren't... HOSEOK!'

Jungkook half bellowed, but his friend simply slipped into his office. 

A couple of the cleaners eyed Jungkook warily as he went back into the break out area.

Taehyung was now sitting on one of the chairs, reading a magazine.

Or, pretending to read as Jungkook was noticing Taehyung's eyes were firmly fixed on the page but weren't actually moving.

Jungkook went over to the counter to make himself some coffee, something he had wanted to do since he'd entered the room.

They remained in silence as Jungkook made his coffee, the only sounds were the gurgle of the kettle and the rustle of paper.

Once he made his coffee, Jungkook hesitated. 

He didn't really want to have to engage Taehyung in conversation, but he really couldn't  be bothered to return to his office.

So he gingerly sat down on a chair the opposite side to Taehyung.

He glanced briefly at Taehyung's hand and noticed the bandage he had placed there was now securely tied.

He resisted the urge to make a smug remark, and instead chose to sip his coffee.

His work life would bow definitely be an interesting one now that Taehyung was here, that was for sure.

 

A/n~

next chap will be rest of first day from taes pov

as always thanks for all ur comments!!! Rly makes my day lol