Seven

Mr. Grumpy

 

'Pardon?' Taehyung squeaked into his phone, a few people around him in the cafeteria looking curiously over at him. 'Please, for the love of God don't tell me what I think you just told me...' 

'Don't shoot the messenger, Tae!' Jimin said defensively from the other end. 'I'm not even the main messenger... I'm like the messenger of the messenger, who got it from another messenger... So essentially I'm the messenger's messenger's messeng-'

'Ok ok I think he get's it...' Came Seokjin's voice from somewhere near Jimin. 'It's not that bad anyway...'

'Not that bad?!' Taehyung's voice had gotten higher, as more people gave him strange looks. 'The spawn of satan himself is joining Jimin's dance class and you're telling me it's not that bad!?'

'Hey, weren't you the one telling us about how much you liked his biceps the other day?' Jimin asked, sounding smug.

'That- I was drunk then that doesn't count...' Taehyung muttered, feeling himself blush and hating it.

'What about how you gave him your sandwich not that long ago?' Seokjin added, also sounding altogether too pleased with himself.

'Or when you spent an hour searching fir his twitter account just so you could creepily stalk him...'

'Or what about when you took several screenshots of his instagram posts where he was shirtless and sent them to us, saying life is unfair?'

'Or when-'

'Ok ok, I get it ha ha... Maybe I have a small... Infatuation with Jungkook...' Taehyung said reluctantly, as Jimin and Seokjin giggled on the other end. 'But that doesn't mean I want him infiltrating every corner of my life... Like I already have to deal with him at work several times a week, and what if I see him here? Would he expect me to talk to him?'

'Do you usually talk to him at work?' Seokjin asked.

'Um... Not really... We usually arrive a similar time and sit in the break out area... Usually pretending to be on our phones or reading the magazines or newspapers left there... Or actually reading the magazines, did you know I've learnt so much about how to grow a prize winning sized marrow that I could probably do it with my eyes closed despite the fact I've never even eaten marrow before...'

'Right... Well, what makes you think he'd wanna talk to you outside of work then?' Jimin said hurriedly, hoping to stop Taehyung's rambling.

'I don't know... He just sometimes looks at me like, a lot, in a really strange 'I'm gonna kill you in your sleep' way that makes me nervous...' 

There was silence on the other end, before Jimin replied.

'Um, you sure it isn't a 'I want to ravish you everyday for 60 years' look?' 

Taehyung made a noise halfway between a scoff and a squeal, which surprisingly wasn't the strangest noise Jimin and Seokjin had heard from him.

'No way, nuh uh, nil, no chance, nein, je suis non, zero, zilch, never ever ever!' He said determinedly. 'You are the worst person on earth to even insinuate' 

'Right... Well we've gotta go now but we'll chat later ok?' Seokjin sounded more amused than anything at Taehyung's comment, which only made the latter more offended. 

'Try not to brood about Jungkook all the time until then' Jimin singsonged before hanging up.

Taehyung huffed, feeling he definitely needed new friends.

And it wasn't as if Taehyung was bad at making friends, he prided himself in being able to charm the pants off of anyone given half the chance.

And although his relationship list may have been a bit bare, it definitely had nothing to do with his ability to flirt...

Granted, sometimes his flirting techniques were a bit unorthodox.(Like the time he had a crush on a girl called Seulgi when he was 14, and he cornered her outside the girl's toilets and told her an elaborate story about how he controlled his bowel movements on a camping holiday. Safe to say that scared her off pretty quickly.

Although he was only 14 then, so possibly the worst story was when he was 17 and he had a crush on an older boy whose name he didn't even know. He knew the other was gay, rumours travelled fast in that school, and that he liked music. For some reason this led to him trying to woo the other with various cheesy love songs at different points in a school day. 

The grand finale was a Romeo and Juliet style situation, where Taehyung stood under what he thought was the boy's window and sang a rendition of I Will Always Love You at the top of his lungs. 

The window, of course, wasn't the boy's but instead an elderly man and woman poked their head's out of the window in confusion. Taehyung did the only thing he could think of and bolted.)

Anyway, he could go with anyone he wanted, he was just a bit picky.

He didn't have a type, per say, but he often seemed to go towards musical people.

And until that day, he had revelled in the fact that Jungkook wasn't a musical person.

Jimin soon crushed that when he revealed that a 'Jeon Jungkook' was joining his dance class.

But it was no big deal, it didn't mean he was really musical... He just liked to dance.

Besides maybe he didn't even like dancing, maybe he was just joining it to get fit. (Taehyung knew he was definitely lying to himself with this, though, since Jungkook's instagram showed that he really had no need to get fit...)

Taehyung glanced at his phone, realising he'd spent the last 30 minutes thinking about his non-crush on Jungkook instead of working on his assignment.

Swearing out-loud, he tried to push any thoughts of Mr Grumpy and decided to focus on his work (he only got distracted a further 3 times, which Taehyung was pleased with) before he left to go meet Seokjin and Jimin.

He headed towards the dance rooms, only after texted Jimin to confirm Jungkook wasn't there.

Although, he should've know that Jimin loved nothing more than to torture Taehyung, especially if it involved his embarrassment.

So, of course, when Taehyung arrived outside the door of Jimin's usual dance studio, it was suddenly opened by a slightly sweaty Jungkook.

They stood staring at each other for a few minutes before Jimin popped his head threw the door to look between Jungkook and Taehyung.

'You gonna stand here all day?' He asked, voice far too loud.

Jungkook cleared his throat.

'Right um no I'm just...' He muttered, looking away from Taehyung. 'I'll just...'

He gestured vaguely to the main doors, looked once more at Taehyung with a mildly horrified expression, before quickly stepping away.

'See you tomorrow!' Jimin called after him, which Jungkook replied to with an small but slightly awkward smile. 

Jimin looked at Taehyung, the edge of his lips starting to shake as if he was holding in a laugh.

'Don't...' Taehyung warned.

'I wasn't gonna say anything!' Jimin said in mock offence. 

There was a beat, before Jimin added.

'Would you have stayed there making love eyes at each other if I hadn't been there?'

Taehyung slapped Jimin on the head as the other burst into laughter.

He definitely needed new friends, and possibly to move to somewhere new...