Eleven

Mr. Grumpy

Taehyunh may have arrived to work a couple minutes later than usual that day, having spent way too long in front of the mirror rehearsing his 'everything is fine' face that morning...

And he may have made conscious efforts throughout the day to avoid seeing or talking to Jungkook (which meant an abnormally large amount of toilet breaks, so many that one of his colleagues asked him if he was having bowel problems. Taehyung promptly tried to claim he was just drinking lots, not whating to be labelled Turdy Taehyung or something of a similar poo-nature...)

For the majority of his shift, this worked.

Then, of course, at only an hour before he could go home and curl into a ball whilst thinking of all of mistakes and eating copious amounts of salted popcorn, none other than the Jeon Jungkook himself waltzed into the room Taehyung was working in.

Taehyung attempted to hide behind his monitor, and refused to meet Jungkook's no doubt steely gaze.

(Well, he didn't know he had a steely gaze directed at him. But if he looked and discovered that Jungkook's gaze was steely, then he would have to face up to it (or start crying? That might work). Alternatively, by not looking he is involved in a Schrodinger's cat scenario, where the steely gaze may or may not be happening at the same time... This meant any gaze directed at Taehyung, steely or not, could, in effect, be ignored.

Not that that made any sense...)

He could hear Jungkook talking to the colleague next to him, asking for some data or paper or something. 

'I could send the figures to you by email, if that's easier?' The colleague was saying (he had a lisp, his name was Sehun maybe? Taehyung wasn't entirely sure...) 

'No no, I'd rather have it printed out now. I need to send it off to management as soon as possible!' Jungkook replied sharply.

Sehun (?) muttered a small 'okay' before getting out of his chair to go to the printer.

This essentially left Taehyung and Jungkook alone, although the former was still determinedly pretending to be doing work (and by pretending, he of course would mean actually genuinely working because his job was something important that he, of course, cared about...) and the latter determinedly breathing loudly through his nose.

This motion annoyed Taehyung, for some reason.

Maybe it was a deja vu back to that first fateful encounter when he was accused of breathing too loudly.

If Taehyung wasn't still recovering from the embarrassment of their previous meeting, he would definitely have made a snide remar-

'Um, excuse me' Taehyung found himself say, much to his own surprise.

Jungkook snapped his gaze to Taehyung's, a shocked look on his face (at least it wasn't steely though).

Taehyung didn't know why he got the other's attention, was he really petty enough to bring more embarrassment to himself just to prove a point?

Apparently, he was.

'I'm finding it difficult to concentrate with you breathing so loudly...' Oh god, he'd gone and done it.

Bye bye career and social life, hello reclusive loner lifestyle...

Jungkook just gawped at him.

'Pardon?' 

Taehyung's previous new found confidence was beginning to crumble.

'I- I said it's difficult to concentrate with you, you know, breathing loudly...'

'Right...' Jungkook raised his eyebrows at Taehyung, gaze starting to become steely (gulp).

'Yeah so just... Breath... Differently?' Taehyung's confidence had completely diminished. 'That's... Yeah...'

'Ok...' Jungkook sounded disbelieving, still staring at Taehyung.

They stayed in silence, Jungkook intently looking at Taehyung as the latter tries his hardest to avoid eye contact.

(He was sincerely wishing he could shut his goddamn mouth sometimes...)

They were interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat next to them.

Jungkook jumped as Taehyunh glanced up to see Sehun had returned.

He was praying the guy hadn't been standing there long, since he really didn't think he could handle any more embarrassment.

(He was sure you can't die from embarrassment, but at that point that option seemed the most favourable).

'Oh, Sehun um yes thank you that'll I'll go...' Jungkook waved his hands around, eyes wide (and now no longer looking at Taehyung with that mildly terrifying look on his face.)

He rushed out of the office without looking back, clutching the papers Sehun had handed to him as if they were his life line.

'So...' Sehun (at this point Taehyung really hoped that was his name) said, sitting back down.

'So...' Taehyung copied, unsure of what to really say.

'You and Bunny Boy, you two...? You know...?' He indicated his point by raising his eyebrows suggestively, which Taehyung really didn't feel was necessary. 

'No!' Taehyung half yelled, before blushing. 'I mean, no we're just... We're nothing we don't we... He's just the... A... Um...'

Sehun gave him a triumphant look before winking and turning back to his computer screen.

Taehyung silently cursed himself, his loud mouth and Jeon Jungkook.