Three

Mr. Grumpy

Taehyung was fuming.

He couldn't believe the nerve of that !

Calling him crazy? Calling him stupid?!

Taehyung made sure to not only ace the questions in the interview, but he tried his best to blow the 3 interviewers away.

Unfortunately, Jungkook seemed unwilling to even take part in the interview, his arms folded across his chest and a sulky expression on his face.

Taehyung took back any of the thoughts of how attractive the guy was, and replaced them with thoughts of a moody and sulky child.

(Despite this, Taehyung's inner demons still found themselves homing in on Jungkook's biceps through his shirt and the sharpness of his jawline. Although Taehyung would deny this).

Taehyung left the interview feeling confident, which was an unusual emotion to have after any kind of interview.

And even if it meant working with Mr Grumpy, it would be worth having a time in employment at such a prestigious establishment.

It was still early in the day when he left, so he headed to his university's campus in the hope of finding his friends there.

He arrived at a corner of the library where he and his friends would often lurk (it was a section filled with outdated encyclopaedias from the 19th century and often housed many spiders. And despite all of his friends, himself included, being terrified of the creepy crawlies, they stuck with it with a couple of hardback books ready to smash down on the unsuspecting beast. It was harsh, and Taehyung often insisted on giving every spider they murdered a 'proper burial' (which consisted of picking the dead spider up in a bundle of tissues and throwing it into the bins, whilst Taehyung sings a solemn rendition of 'My Way'). But I digress).

Seokjin, the older of his friends, was sitting on the only chair in the area whilst Jimin occupied the floor at his feet.

Seokjin noticed Taehyung and gestured wildly for him to sit at the other side of the chair.

To an onlooker, Jimin and Taehyung probably looked like Seokjin's two guard dogs.

Or a protective mother bear and her cubs.

'So, how did it go?' Jimin asked through a mouthful of what looked like a muesli bar. 

'It was... Interesting' Taehyung said hesitantly, before telling the strange tale of Mr Jeon Grumpypants Jungkook.

'Hold on, Tae, you almost suffocated yourself to prove a point to this kid? I'm not surprised he was so angry at you that's something a crazy person would do!' Seokjin scolded, although he was grinning slightly.

'Sometimes you gotta play dirty to get results' Taehyung said with a yawn, finally feeling the 3 extra hours sleep he didn't have now that the adrenaline was starting to wear off. 'Any, I am in desperate need for a large cup of something caffeinated right now'

So the 3 headed off to their favourite off-campus coffee shop (all of the on campus ones were either full of pretentious hipsters or way to expensive).

Taehyung and Jimin ordered the simplest coffees on offer, whilst Seokjin came back to their table with a giant cup with a large pile of cream covered in what looked like every potential topping ever.

Taehyung snorted at his friends choice of drink, resuming his story and telling how he aced the interview even if Mr Grumpy was a total .

'And this guy is the grandson of The Mr Jeon?' Jimin asked.

'Great grandson, and yeah... He definitely had the air of 'I think I'm better than everyone else' about him so it kinda makes sense...' 

'Maybe you should go easy on him though...' Seokjin began slowly. 

Taehyung raised his eyebrow at his friend, who hurriedly continued. 

'I mean, maybe he's been forced into this family business where he doesn't really want to work, and he's unable to pursue his real passion of... Duck breeding, maybe'

'Duck breeding?' Taehyung snorted.

'First thing I could think of, my point is he might not be all that bad...'

Taehyung snorted again, shaking his head at his friend.

'You didn't have to be in the same space as this guy, he was seriously unbearable I swear!'

Taehyung stirred at his coffee thoughtfully, before adding.

'Besides, that's such a cliche and stupid thing to happen... 'Oh look I'm so sad I'm rich and successful with a stable job, oh woe is me I can never fulfil my ambition to be a duck breeder even though I get far more free time and money than everyone else. Boo hoo hoo' I mean could something be more first world problems.'

'Wow what's got your knickers in a twist there, Karl Marx?' Jimin asked with a laugh, punching Taehyung in the arm slightly.

(He was often doing that, although much of the time it genuinely hurt since Jimin never seemed truly aware of his own strength. Or, well, he was when he needed to be.)

'I'm just... He really annoyed me that's all...' Taehyung grumbled unhappily. 'He could've been the object to all of my jack of fantasies but instead he he's the object of my punch bag fantasies...'

'First of all, ew, I don't wanna hear about you're dirty fantasies' Jimin laughed, as Seokjin hummed in agreement. 'And B, you couldn't punch a bag of sawdust hard even if you tried!'

'True... But why do I need to when I have my trusty Jiminie to protect me with his strong meaty arms' Taehyung accentuated his point by prodding his friends bicep.

'What if this Mr Grumpy dude pulls Jimin over to the bad side and he ends up being against you?' Seokjin interjected dramatically, pulling Taehyung and Jimin's hands into his own. 'Forced to be part, like a platonic romeo and juliet'

'My only love, sprung from my only hate' Taehyung said in the highest voice he could muster, as they all ubrupted into giggles.

A week and a half passes with no news, until finally he receives a phone call and email confirming that he had been accepted for the job at Jeon & Co.

He immediately told his friends (Jimin had sent him about 300 thumbs up and fireworks emojis, whilst Seokjin wrote a several paragraph long congratulations which ended in him saying 'I don't know what it's like to go through 9 months of pregnancy & then to give birth to a beautiful and healthy baby, but I imagine this is what it feels like') and the panic of 'oh my god I have a job what do I do' settled in.

His working hours were negotiable, but at the moment were Wednesday afternoon, Saturday morning and Sunday morning. 

So far he wasn't so hot about the idea of getting up early on the weekend, but new he could probably live with it.

His first induction day was that Saturday, and he was expected to wear smart clothes (he sighed, realising he was going to have to put on that same cheap suit until he had enough money to splash out on a fancier cheap suit...) and would learn the ropes of what he was going to have to do.

Taehyung was both nervous and terrified, but as Saturday grew closer some of the fear transformed into slight excitement.

The only thing he wasn't particularly looking forward to was having to see Mr Grumpy.

He was half tempted to ask the management if he could be working all the times apart from Jungkook, but was pretty sure he would be a part of the managing team and therefore would just be too awkward.

Besides, in the few weeks he had to think about Jungkook and what had happened that day, Taehyung made a deal with himself that he would try to be as civil as possible.

This would mean biting back any remarks, and definitely not trying to prove points or teach lessons.

It would be tricky, oh yes, but he figured it would be better to start their working relationship off to a good start.

'Just as long as that doesn't provoke me, I wont react' He told himself in the mirror on the night before his first day. 'And even if he does try something, remember to be as calm and cool as a cucumber. Or a tomato, or really any fruit or vegetable. Although something like broccoli or cauliflower are definitely not cool vegetables so maybe not like them... As cool as a carrot maybe? Yeah... Stay as cool as a carrot, Kim Taehyung, and you'll be fine.'

He went to bed that night feeling positive that nothing to mess up his first day of work, not even very attractive but rude s.

Next chap will be first day of work ooh

Finally with some more taekook action wooop

& i know i'm updating this pretty quickly but it's only cos i'm procrastinating lol...