One

Mr. Grumpy

Getting ready for a job interview, or an interview of any kind, is possibly the most stressful point in a person's life.

It's up there with the first day of school, every day of school and the day of death.

Maybe not quite that dramatic... Because really nothing is more stressful than school.

But really, it's a pretty damn stressful experience.

So many questions running through your mind; what do I wear? What should I say? How should I shake their hand? Do I discretely wipe the sweat from my hands before or should I risk the potential of them being clammy? Would they be disgusted if my hands were really clammy? Could I even begin to explain it's a genetic thing or would they point blank tell me to leave? Can they fire people for having overly sweaty palms? Etc etc

During the interview you're constantly caught between wanting to say everything you're thinking, but not wanting to make a fool of yourself by saying the wrong thing.

And once the interview is over, too, there's the worries that you didn't say enough or that you said too much.

The stress and angst of a job interview begins the moment you hear about it, and only ends when you're at least a year into the job.

Taehyung woke up 3 hours before he usually would on the day of his interview at Jeon & Co (some sort of marketing team for designer furniture or something... Frankly he had no idea, but it was a 5 minute walk from his flat-share and had apparent 'flexible hours for students', so he jumped five miles up at the opportunity).

He couldn't eat breakfast at first, his stomach in at least six knots, but after 30 minutes of pacing he poured himself a small bowl of cereal (which turned into a further 2 small bowls by the time he had to leave, because stress is a hungry occupation),

He thought over what he would say, how he would hold himself (body language was everything) and even practised his best professional smile in the mirror.

At roughly an hour until his interview he finally got dressed into his mediocre suit, which had been ironed to within an inch of it's life, and possibly smelt slightly of burnt synthetic fabric.

He battled with his tie for roughly 4 minutes before giving in to his old clip-on school tie.

His only hope was that his interviewer wouldn't know anything about Deagu schools.

30 minutes to go, and he was pacing again.

He'd texted his best friend, Park Jimin, how he felt like vomiting accompanied by the crying emoji.

But his friend had yet to reply, which perhaps wasn't surprising since it was only 9am.

With 20 minutes left, Taehyung goes over what he wanted to say in the mirror (again) and washes his hand a further 3 times.

(Because clammy hands are a real issue.)

By 10 minutes he had calmed down marginally, Jimin having replied with '*fingers crossed*' followed by the thumbs up emoji, before going into a several paragraph rant on why there wasn't a fingers-crossed emoji and whether change.org would accept a petition to change that.

By 5 minutes the nerves had returned.

3 minutes he washed his hands again, before rubbing in some hand-cream (worried his hands would be abnormally dry) before washing the hand-cream off in case he smelt like an old woman.

The last 2 minutes before he stepped out of his door were excruciating, and a large part if Taehyung was tempted to ring up the company and tell them he's ill.

He eventually found himself outside the company building.

It was a large, box-like structure, looking vaguely like a work of modern art.

'Jeon & Co' stood proudly at the entrance in sleek black text, just above a pair of revolving doors.

Taehyung gulped.

Anywhere with revolving doors was obviously fancy, and really he had never felt more out of place.

Hesitating only momentarily, he stepped into one of the revolving segments.

Only, he had missed the man walking into the same segment at the same time.

The two bashed into each other as they got squished into the small segment that was not designed for two fully grown men.

Taehyung quickly moved as far away from the guy, muttering out a hasty apology and bowing slightly.

'Are you stupid?! Why didn't you watch where you were going' The man cursed at him.

Taehyung frowned, ready to make a snide remark back at the rude guy, but as he looked up his voice got caught in his throat.

The man was, well, gorgeous.

He had perfectly styled hair, well defined jawline and wide shining eyes that were currently glaring at him.

His suit was probably designer, he was wearing what smelt like liquid gold (not that liquid gold would smell nice, the sentiment is 'he smelt expensive) and suddenly Taehyung felt like a tramp in comparison to the glory in front of him.

He stammered out another 's-sorry', which the other guy scoffed at and walked briskly out of the revolving door.

Taehyung hurriedly stepped out too, glancing at his watch.

He has 10 minutes before his interview, phew!

He eyed the stairs before remembering his interview was on floor 4 and in room 12B.

So he headed towards the lift, vaguely aware of the fact Mr. y Grumpypants was heading there too.

The lift hadn't arrived yet, but luckily the other hadn't noticed Taehyung standing a little behind him, also waiting.

Taehyung went over his greeting in his head, rubbing his hands slightly against his suit trousers just to be sure of minimal sweat.

He wondered what his interviewer would look like.

As much as he would wish to have someone as handsome as Mr Grumpy in front of him, and that it would be instant attraction forming into a life long romantic relationship, he was pretty certain those scenarios only happened in films or fanfiction.

Besides, if they had been as attractive but also as rude as Mr Grumpy, then really Taehyung didn't want to know him.

The lift finally arrived at their level, and a frail looking elderly woman stepped out.

Mr Grumpy stepped inside and was about to press the button to go up before he locked eyes with Taehyung, who was just about to step inside.

The guy actually narrowed his eyes at Taehyung before roughly pressing the button.

Thankfully, Taehyung was able to slip inside before the doors closed on him.

Mr Grumpy made a small grunting noise, before turning his head to the side to avoid any kind of eye contact with Taehyung.

Taehyung glared at his turned head, before trying to forget about him and to focus on his upcoming interview.

He was just running through his answer to 'and what do you think you could bring to this job?' (Which involved big hand gestures and an elaborate analogy involving peacocks) when Mr Grumpy made a loud tutting sound.

Taehyung glanced at the other man, who was now looking at him with even more venom than before.

'Is there something you want to say?' Taehyung asked in the least sarcastic voice he could manage.

The other turned his nose up and looked away again.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, all previous attraction having currently evaporated (okay, perhaps not all of the attraction... 67% of the attraction).

The stood in silence for another minute as they reached the 2nd floor, and Taehyung resumed his imaginary conversation before Mr Grumpy tutted again.

'Yes? What is i-'

'Could you stop breathing so loudly?' Mr Grumpy interrupted, not looking Taehyung in the eye and for the first time, looking a bit flustered.

'Sorry?' Taehyung ask, flabbergasted.

'You're... Breathing really loudly and it's very distracting...' He stuttered determinedly.

Taehyung gaped at him, unsure if this guy was even real.

'Well I'm sorry, your Majesty' He replied haughtily, feeling his temper rise slightly. 'Sorry for breathing! Wow, I didn't know it was a crime to breath in this day and age but I consider it my duty to please your Majesty so if your Majesty Grumpy-face requires me, a simple peasant, to stop breathing then I shall oblige!'

Taehyung took a deep breath before holding it, looking Mr Grumpy in the eye as he did so.

The other man looked in shock, and suddenly so much younger, as he stared at Taehyung incredulously.

Taehyung kept his mouth closed in defiance as he continued to hold his breath.

'W-wait I didn't... You're being ridiculous... why are you doing that-stop it...' The man stuttered, looking gradually more scared as Taehyung continued to keep his mouth closed.

Taehyung was beginning to feel slightly feint, but his stubbornness wasn't going to let him give in.

Mr Grumpy was getting frantic now, all but begging Taehyung to open his mouth and breath.

'Oh my god, you're actually insane! Just breath, damnit!' He half yelled as they reached the 3rd floor.

Thankfully no one entered and they continued to go up.

Taehyung could feel tears in his eyes, and had to clasp his hand around his mouth to prevent his reflexes from making him breath.

Yes, he was fully aware he was being borderline-crazy and definitely overdramatic, but seeing the fear on Mr Grumpy's (slightly blurred due to the tears) face was worth it.

'Look ok, I'm sorry for being an please just breath!' The other man said as he tried to peel Taehyung's hands away from his mouth.

Taehyung let his hand be pulled away and finally allowed himself to breath.

'Sa-say that again' He gasped out, his voice sounding far deeper and rougher than usual.

'Pardon?' Mr Grumpy gawped at him.

'Say. What. You. Just. Said. Again' Taehyung punctuated each word, still trying to regain a normal breathing pattern.

'Um... 'Look I'm sorry for being an please just breath?' The other man said slowly.

'Thank...you' Taehyung said, taking a deep breath before giving Mr Grumpy a smug look. 'That... wasn't hard was... It'

'You're mad' The man says simply as the lift stopped finally at the 4th floor and he quickly stepped out, only looking briefly back at Taehyung with a bemused expression.

Taehyung was beginning to remember that he was in the building for a purpose other than to traumatise rude guys and managed to escape the lift before it took him any higher.

He took out his phone and glanced at the time.

He had roughly 4 minutes to get to his interview before he would be deemed late so he hurriedly ran through the corridors looking for room 12B.

He was half aware that he was probably bright red, and his eyes were definitely still sore and weepy looking.

But he knew at this point it was too late, and he was sure the interviewer would understand the lesson he had to teach Mr Grumpy (frankly it should be an employable skill, being able to put rude s in their place).

He arrived at 12B with about a minute to spare, slightly gasping (why were the corridors so long and winding).

He took a deep breath and knocked hesitantly on the door.

A woman's voice said 'come in' from inside and Taehyung slowly stepped into the room.

It was a hot and stuffy room, despite the open windows.

There was a larger desk in the centre of the room, with 3 chairs on one side and 1 on the other.

One of the chairs held a middle aged woman, her hair was pulled into a tight bun and she definitely gave off a strict head-mistress vibe.

The middle chair held a bald elderly man, whose face was so full of deep wrinkles with a strange almost blue tinge that Taehyung was worried he was dying (or already dead).

The third chair was empty, as was the the single chair on his side of the room.

'Ah, you must be Kim Taehyung?' The woman asked, standing up and going towards Taehyung with her hand outstretched. 'My name is Choi Soonyeon, this is Kim Minho and we're still waiting for Jeon Jungkook. Please, sit down.'

Taehyung didn't have a chance to check his hand for potential clamminess before she was pulling him into a firm handshake.

He sat down opposite the elderly man, who looked slightly less scary now he was smiling.

'Another Kim eh?' He asked jokingly.

'There are a lot of us' Taehyung laughed softly, feeling moderately less nervous. 'Can I just ask, is Jeon Jungkook any relation to Mr Jeon of this company by any chance?'

'He is by a chance' The woman smiled. 'He's the great grandson of the original Mr Jeon.'

'He's not usually this late for an important meeting...' The man frown slightly. 'I hope nothing has happened.'

As if on cue, the door burst open and someone rushed in.

Taehyung turned around to look at the frantic figure, only to have his breath caught in his throat as he realised who it was.

He throat went dry, and he definitely could feel the sweat pouring from his hands.

It was Mr Grumpy.

Mr Grumpy was Jeon friggin Jungkook, grandson of The Mr Jeon.

Taehyung was so screwed.

A/n -

Next chap will b from jungkook's perspective

Soz for my bad humour lol

Btw a 'lift' is an elevator but we call then lifts in the uk lol.. In case u were confused

Hope u enjoyed this woop