Heartbreak From A Feline's Point Of View

Vox Nihili
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The owner comes home again with paperbags in hand. As she locked the gate of the house, I started to wonder if I would enjoy the bag itself rather than what's inside. 

As usual, she would head over to the kitchen. She'll probably take out the contents of the paperbag and discard the packagings, knowing all too well that I'll end up stuffing my mouth with the plastic and chew them until I spit them all out once she brings me my diner de poulet — literally just chunks of pounded chicken drowned in gravy.

Lucky me, a finicky eater, that a rich woman was the one who took me in. All the other boys in the alley would sob up if they see me happily eating from a golden pet bowl.

Life is a bore in the house, though. The streets are wild and full of thrill; you can explore everywhere! 

In the house, the owner had restricted me to go through some rooms. And even in the living room, I can't roam around that much especially when there are other humans in it. She only takes me to a specific spot — my jungle gym — where I can at least practice my jumping skills and see the humans from bird's eye view. (Sometimes, I want to jump on their heads just to cause a commotion and get attention.)

One of the owner's friends keeps calling me her child. In fact, I am already seven years old, based from what the owner claims. But I do remember her buying a cake with a candle that formed the number '1'. Humans confuse me.

That same friend went here today, following the owner to the kitchen. From the looks of it, it seems that the friend and the owner went shopping together. 

I didn't bother hopping down from the window sill where I lay, for the friend carried me with her. God knows how hard I tried to free myself.

The humans are lucky that I get easily tired, so I stopped struggling from the embrace of the friend and just forced myself to take in the nose boops and head kisses. 

Usually, I just laze around the house, walking a bit, then finally taking one of my many daily naps. That's how lazy I am.

There even was this one time, the owner and the friend went to the owner's bedroom. I wanted to follow them but when I was about to get in, they shut the door and locked it. 

Good thing, before I heard some screaming (were they murdering each other?), the owner left me some treats by my crate. At least I had something to busy myself with as I try to ignore them (they scream each other's name — "Seulgi hngg!" and "Mmm, Joohyun~", usually.)

I napped right after, despite being in the noisy household. And that's how much of a lazy being I am.

 

 

It occurred to me just recently that the friend wasn't visiting us that often anymore. I also have noticed the stressful face of the owner as well, as she flipped through pages of papers and went back and the kitchen with her favorite mug, and what smells like coffee. I never saw the owner get coffee that much, but it seems like it was keeping her awake til around 3AM. Maybe I should try that some other time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter