Lovers are Lunatics

Vox Nihili
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a solid three minutes ever since Seungwan started to laugh (and unconsciously hit Joohyun’s arm as she did), and her reddened cheeks were proof for that statement.

“You’re ridiculous!” Seungwan says, as she laughed at her friend’s crude way of staring back at her. “Why would you do that? You’re so mean!”

Joohyun just scoffed.

“Well, you don’t know anything about love, either.” The older girl rolls her eyes, attempting to look unaffected by the way Seungwan was cackling – in their office, at that – as if mocking how stupid Joohyun was in the past few hours that had passed. “What makes us any different?”

Seungwan had a smug, teasing grin that Joohyun never thought she’ll ever see in her whole existence. God, had she known Seungwan has a side like this, she shouldn’t have asked for help or advice on what to do.

“What makes us different is the fact that I don’t reject people with such horrible excuse.” Seungwan says. “Who’d buy that philosophy? ‘Lovers are lunatics’? You make me laugh.”

I can see that, Joohyun internally countered. “It’s true though; you can’t argue with me about it. Lovers are crazy, insane, and immature; they have nothing else to do with life so they spend their time admiring someone and making a fool of themselves.”

Seungwan laughed harder, as if her previous fit wasn’t the worst yet. “And you don’t want to fall in love because of that?”

“I don’t want to fall in love because I have better things to do other than tailing someone around to see if they’re alright.”

“Sure, you do.” Seungwan nods, as her laughter slowly subsides. “But is it just that?”

Joohyun raised an eyebrow. What’s her point now?

“You don’t want to fall in love, because you’re busy. That’s what you’re meaning to say, right?”

“Right.”

“Ah, but you didn’t tell me that you don’t want to fall in love, because you are not in love with that person.” Seungwan closes her eyes as if mentally computing something in her head. “Then I have everything solved.”

Joohyun crossed her arms, ready to open another argument. “Excuse me, what are you talking about?”

“I’ll clear out your schedule; you have to date that person.”

It took Joohyun a good ten seconds (more or less), to fully process what Seungwan have said.

“N-No! I don’t like her!”

“You do.”

“I don’t!”

“You do.”

Joohyun crumpled the paper nearest to her and threw it at Seungwan’s head to shut her up,

Only to regret it a minute later, when she realized that it was the financial report of the school for this semester.

 

---

 

“So,” The tall, tan, and radiant beauty from the underclassmen said as she caught up to Joohyun (who was obviously avoiding the said student). “You’re free this afternoon?”

“No.” Came out flatly. Joohyun halted in respect to the one talking to her, to at least not seem rude. “I’m busy. Don’t you have anything else to do?”

The girl tilted her head as she took a few seconds to think. “Aside from waiting for you to finish your paper works in your office, I have nothing else to do for today.”

“Then go home after school,” Joohyun groans. “You’ll miss sleeping once you step closer to senior year. You’ll regret not sleeping in your early years.”

“But you’re in senior year, and I’ll miss you more than I’ll miss sleep when you graduate and move to college.” The girl answers with all sincerity in her voice.

Joohyun hates it.

Don’t get her wrong; she does admit that the girl was rather cute, despite the fact that people had been telling her that the girl had toned abs and a soft .

It’s just that… She hates how dumb the gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter