chapter 2

day dream | svt

♡♡

Sarah sighed, her recently cut short dyed purple hair blowing in the wind. She was my best friend, aside from Minghao of course, and she was currently in Korea visiting me before she had to go back to Wales to finish off her university studies.

"I just can't believe you get to see them every day" She giggles, her hands going up to her head to try and control her raging hair. She was a big fan of Seventeen, and was still slightly amazed at how I knew the boys since their pre-debut days.

"They're just normal people Sar" I laugh, and she nods.

"Yeah, I know that, but they're people who sing and rap and dance amazingly"

I laugh quietly to myself, as we continue to walk down a street back to my flat, which just so happened to be in the same apartment block as the thirteen boys, but she didn't need to know that just yet.

"But seriously though, how are they in person?" She asks, her smile never falling from her face.

"They're just like they are on camera and in interviews, they're great people" I gush. "They're super funny, and they're really genuine people with hearts and feelings" I see Sarah's smile widen, as she nods along to what I'm saying.

"I always thought they would be" Her giggles are over taken by the sounds of the passing cars.

Standing outside the apartment block, I type in the code to get the door to unlock before going inside with Sarah following along behind.

"Welcome to my apartment block!" I exclaim, as she looks around in awe.

"This is so cool!" I laugh, shutting the door behind us. I quickly check my mail box, and sigh when nothing is in there.

"It's not that cool" I reply, and she shakes her head.

"It's so cool dud-..." She stops talking once she sees the 'Not Operating' sign on the only lift. Turning to me, she raises an eyebrow. "What happened to the lift?"

"You don't want to know" I chuckle, a memories of the boys flashing in my head, at a rapid pace.

"That only makes me want to know more"

"Maybe another time" I say, starting to make our way the flights of stairs.

"What floor are you on again?" I hear Sarah pant.

"Floor ten"

Instantly I hear a cry coming from Sarah, and my laughter soon fills the hallway.

"Whyyyy?"

"You'll get used to it"

"I'll never get used to it" Shaking my head, still laughing. I quicken my pace up the stairs and here Sarah whine from behind me. "Slow down, I can't walk that fast!"

♡♡

Finally reaching the tenth floor, I burst into laughter as Sarah falls to the floor.

"You okay there?" I ask, and she only cries.

"No more walking!" I lift her bag onto my shoulder and grab onto her hand.

"Come on, my apartment is only down the hall"

"No walking!" I roll my eyes, as i start to tug on her arm.

"Come on!" I hear a sigh come from Sarah, and she gets up slowly.

"Why am i friends with you again? My other friends wouldn't make me walk up ten flights of stairs"

"Because you love me, and i'm your best friend" Sarah rolls her eyes, finally standing up completely and stretching her arms around her.

"That's what you think"

"So i'm not your best friend?" I scoff, and she shrugs.

"No, you are, but am i yours?" I laugh and nod my head, with a large smile on my face.

"Obviously" I reply, and she sends me a look.

"Really? I don't believe you"

"If you weren't, i wouldn't of made you walk up ten flights of stairs" I laugh, and she shakes her head. Unlocking the door, i turn back to Sarah with a smile.

A laugh comes from behind us, and I turn around to see the door of the thirteen boys opening up. I turn to see Sarah with a shocked look on her face, taking a peak at the door, raising an eyebrow I let out a laugh.

"You okay there?" Sarah sends me a look, her bottom lip slightly.

"Who do you live next to? They seem extremely noisy" I roll my eyes as Sarah's move over to the door, and I laugh.

"It's not that bad" Sarah sends me a look, and crosses her arms over her chest.

"I swear if they keep me awake at night, I'll go over there and tell them to shut it"

"With you and what Korean?" I burst into laughter, and she sends a glare.

"I'm learning!"

"How quickly?" This makes her go quiet, and my laughter louder.

"Anyways," I change the subject "Food?" I ask, and her face instantly lights up.

"Food!" She cries, throwing her arms up in the air. Still laughing to myself, i open the door and we both enter the apartment. Taking the bait, Sarah forgets about the rowdy boys living next door. It may have only been for a matter of moments, but that was enough.

♡♡

The pink leafs fell from the trees, and the wind flew gently through my hair.

Looking round, i notice i was in a field i had never seen before. It was full of lightly coloured flowers, and blossom trees. I was wearing a white floor length dress with thin straps. Something that made me do a double take as i would never normally wear something like this.

Hearing a chuckle, i look up from staring at my dress to see Soonyoung standing in front of me wearing a simple white button down t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. His dark hair falling softly over his forehead.

"Hello" He smiles, making my heart flutter. I open my mouth, but just like last time i can't say a word. "You're here" He continues, taking a step forward. He looks down at the dress and raises an eyebrow, before looking back up at my face. "This isn't something you'd normally wear" He states, and i nod.

After a moment of silence, he sighs, his smile widening.

"I like it"

This causes me to blush, and i push back some of my hair back behind my ear, and i move my gaze to the floor.

"You should wear more stuff like this, it's cute" He chuckles, before continuing. "I mean, you're always cute, but this is a bit of different cute" He tries to clear up and i nod, smiling. 

He moves a hand up to my face and pushes back part of my hair that had fallen back down, as he keeps his gaze locked on me.

"You really are so beautiful" He whispers, keeping his hand on my cheek. Letting out a sigh, i see him close his eyes, and start to lean in.

This was my dream.

Closing my eyes, i wait for him.

"SUNHEE?!" A voice screams, in my ear making me scream in surprise. My face was covered in surprise, as i send Sarah a look. "Where you imagining again?" She teases, and i start to feel my face turn bright red. "So you were!"

"No i wasn't!" I argue, and she scoffs.

"Yeah, sure you weren't" She says sarcastically, but before i could speak she continues. "So, what was it this time?"

"Huh?"

"What did you imagine this time?"

"I didn't imagine anything"  I state, but she shakes her head and sends me a look.

"You know i don't believe you right?" I shrug, and send the same look back.

"You can do whatever you want to do"

Her face changes quickly, into a cheeky smile before standing up.

"So does that mean i can go tell your neighbours to shut it then?" Just as quick as she stood up, i did the same.

"No"  She pouts, and crosses her arms.

"Whyyy?"

"Because it's seriously not as bad as you'll think it'll be, I've been living here for how long now?" I ask, sending her a look.

She shrugs, letting out a sigh before sitting back down onto the couch, and grabbing a handful of the popcorn that sat on the table.

"I guess you're right" This makes me chuckle, and she automatically sends me a look. "Don't even say it"

Ignoring her, I reply as she throws a piece of popcorn and I catch it in my mouth.

"I'm always right"

She instantly lets out a groan, and face palms. Shaking her head into her hand.

"You're the worst I swear" clapping as I laugh, I shake my head.

"I'm not, I'm the best you know it, you love me too much to hate my humour" She continues to shake her head as she falls down onto the side of the couch, so she was half laying down.

"I hate your humour, all of it" she groans, but can't help to let out a giggle.

"See you-..." I get cut off mid sentence, by some noise at the door. It was almost like half knocking as someone opened the door.

"Hello?" A familiar voice, that spoke in soft Korean, rang out through my apartment.

"Ming?" I called back out, and he pops his head through the doorway of the living room.

"Hi!" He laughs, but stands up straight once he noticed Sarah. "You have a friend over?"

I turn to look at Sarah, who's giving me 'the look' as hers eyes flicker between Minghao and I.

"Yeah, this is Sarah, she's staying for a while whilst she's on break for university"

Minghao nods, and turns to Sarah before bowing and introducing himself.

"She can't speak much Korean, so forgive her if she can't reply straight away"

Minghao laughs, and nods, sending a smile in our direction.

"It's cool, i understand, I'm still learning so we can learn together!" This makes me smile and I look over to Sarah, who's still slightly star stuck, but has come more to her senses.

"Hello The8" She bows back slightly, taking Minghao by slight surprise.

"She knows about seventeen?" I laugh, and nod.

"I may have made her listen to it once or twice" ... or maybe all of the albums about a thousand times.

Minghao nods again before stuffing his hands into his pockets awkwardly, rocking slightly on his feet.

"Do you want me to come back another time?" I shake my head, and send him a smile.

"No, you can stay, we were just about to watch a movie" Minghao sends me a look, and sits down on the couch next to me.

"Are you sure you won't zone out again" After he said that, i hear a snicker from Sarah.

"See I understood that"

I send a look back to her and she continues to laugh.

"She's already zoned out a few times today" She says looking over to Minghao. Her Korean had gotten a lot better since the last time she had visited Korea, but that was a few years ago. A lot had changed since then.

"I knew it" I send both of them glares, and I slide down further into the couch, wanting to disappear.

"Shut up guys, that's not true"

"It so is true" Sarah replies.

"Just put the film on already" I say, already feeling my face start to heat up.

"Okay okay"

Sarah gets up to put on a movie, that was in full English, but had Korean subtitles. Minghao continued to sit next to me, throwing an arm around my shoulder and getting comfortable.

"Make sure not to zone out this time yeah?" He says, almost like asking.

I let out a sigh, and nod, settling into Minghao's side. Sarah soon came back and sat on the other couch, resting her head onto a pillow.

As the movie started up, i looked around at my two best friends and i let out another sigh, and mumbled to myself when I knew- hoped- nobody could hear me.

"Easier said than done"

♡♡

Okay, so not much happened in this chapter, but the way her friends act about her 'imagination/zoning out' is, because her 'imagination/zoning out' is obviously a big part of the story

Sorry for the long wait

♡ Kat