Fluttering

Real Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"K-keep your head up." He stared at her and gesturing towards her paper, "I-if you don't mind, I can help you."

The words kept ringing in Saerin's mind the whole day. Jinyoung's smile, Jinyoung's demeanour... she couldn't help but feel attracted to him. But it couldn't be the case... Could it be that she had finally found someone she liked? She was so bowled over that she couldn't respond, thankfully the teacher interrupted them with an announcement.

There was an upcoming annual inter-class tournament and it was a talent competition of sorts. 101 High took this very seriously, even more than nationals since the class spirit within the school was an all-time high. The teacher called for volunteers to represent their class and immediately, there were shouts of "Class President Jihoon!"

"Oh my god," Hyeri, one of the girls sitting in front of her turned behind and excitedly rapped on Saerin's desk, "I can watch Jihoon dance again, I can die in peace!" Saerin chuckled at her enthusiasm.

All of the girls were mesmerised by Jihoon and although Saerin could see why, since he was talented, charismatic and pretty, she wasn't into the craze like the rest. He was the cookie-cutter perfect pretty boy and had it all together, much unlike Saerin, who had her life all in pieces and was struggling to keep them together- they were so different, Saerin couldn't understand perfect people like Jihoon. Rich, privileged, talented pretty boy like him didn't know the meaning of struggling.

"Thank you," smiled Jihoon as he bowed to everyone, accepting the invitation to perform. He was known for being outstanding in dancing and was in the dance club apart from being the Class President.

"Haknyeon!" Someone suggested and Saerin chorused after the classmate, clapping for her friend. He was great at b-boying and had practiced since young by watching videos dilligently on his own and trying them out. Euiwoong, one of her other friends, got volunteered to be the rap representative.

"Singing?"

The teacher looked around at everyone but drew blanks.

Everyone was silent. Their class didn't have any singing talents. And Saerin knew this meant trouble, since the other classes they were pitted against had great singing voices- Lee Daehwi from Class D... and Kang Dongho from B.

"Okay, the tentative team is Lee Euiwoong, Park Jihoon and Joo Haknyeon for now! Anyone who thinks they can represent singing, please come find me! The rest, let's all work hard to be backstage crew! Hwaiting!"

"Our class will definitely be doomed for singing," Saerin sighed, wishing she was talented in some way like her friends. But well, all she was... was someone stupid, lacking and trouble-making. Definitely not ideal. She was so preoccupied in her thoughts that she didn't realise that class was dismissed for lunch already until most of the classmates had shuffled out of class to the canteen and the three performers were staying back to discuss with the teacher about rehearsals.

She turned to Jinyoung, who was staring at her, but the moment she looked over, he quickly averted his gaze back to his lap.

"Lunch?" she said brightly, painting a grin on her face.

Jinyoung turned to her slowly, his eyes widening and nodded cautiously.

"Kaja," she grabbed his arm in a carefr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter