Catching Feelings

Real Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, Bae Jinyoung, are you okay?"

Saerin frowned deeply as the boy beside her only furthered crouched inward and turned away from her, rejecting her help. What's wrong with him...

"You know... I'm sorry for not being there for you even though sungsaenim said to tour you around, but yah! You should have waited for me running off!" Saerin burst out and Jinyoung jumped, startled at her loud voice. "Sorry..." Saerin lowered her voice meekly, shaking her head at herself. Am I really that scary?

Just as they were outside the infirmary, Jinyoung stood to a dead halt as he stared at the office and Saerin turned to him in confusion. "Why, what's wrong?"

His face seemed to have all the colour drained from his face and he barely murmured, "Bye," before running off, leaving Saerin massively confused.

"Joo Haknyeon, for the last time, will you stop getting into trouble?"

The teacher sighed as she regarded him in front of the entire class, who was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

For once, Haknyeon had nothing to say, he stood staring at his feet, his face in a pitiful state of bruises and cuts.

And just then, there was a knock on the door and Saerin walked in. Haknyeon glanced up, then turned away. 

Saerin stared at the scene of Haknyeon standing meekly before the teacher and blurted out, "M'am, Haknyeon was trying to stand up for Jinyoung."

"By getting into a fight!?"

"Dongho started it by pushing Jinyoung to the floor!" She protested and there were murmurs of agreement sounding throughout the class.

"We saw the CCTV camera, Haknyeon punched Dongho first," The teacher said flatly. "You all know who's Dongho's father is. He will press charges if we don't settle it internally."

A deathly hush fell over the class.

Dongho's father was the director of the academic board.

"Heol, how about show him the part where his son pushed Jinyoung on the floor?" Saerin snarled, not giving up. Haknyeon turned to her, shaking his head ever so slightly. It's okay, Saerin.

"I tried to speak up for Haknyeon," The teacher exhaled. "What we can do now is to get Haknyeon to apologise-"

"Apologise?" Saerin scoffed. "But he did nothing wrong!"

"Saerin, enough. Dongho said he would not let you off, either." The teacher raised her voice, then she softened the expression on her face as she saw the shock on many of their classmates' faces. "I know I am hard on you sometimes, but I feel this is unfair as well."

"Why? But Saerin did nothing wrong." Haknyeon suddenly spoke up, his face looking indignant.

"To be honest with you, I don't think Dongho needs a reason to find fault with you. What I'm saying is, you two need to apologise to Dongho, especially Haknyeon."

"Thanks,"

Saerin turned to her red-haired friend, who looked so solemn that she barely recognised him. School had ended and they were walking out of class together.

"For?"

"For standing up for me just now in front of sungsaenim," Haknyeon shoved his hands into his pockets.

Saerin glanced at him. "It was the truth, you were standing up for Jinyoung."

Haknyeon tried to suppress a smile. 

Silly girl, I was standing up for you.

"Are you rushing off to anywhere?" Saerin blurted out.

Haknyeon turned to Saerin and couldn't help but shoot her a teasing grin. "Are you asking me on a date?"

"What!? No!" Saerin yelled, glaring at him.

"Don't lie," Haknyeon grinned, letting out a melodic whistle. "And nope, I'm free."

"Y-you're... not going to do anything... for your face aren't you..." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter