Fight

Real Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"10 minutes left to the end of the class quiz."

Joo Haknyeon stood up abruptly, scratching the legs of his chair loudly against the tarmac of the classroom floor and marched up to the teacher's desk with his paper.

"You're done, Haknyeon?" The teacher turned to him incredulously. "If you fail, you need to go for remedial."

"I have detention anyway." Haknyeon murmured under his breath, tossing the paper onto the paper rack. Before he walked over to his desk, he made a detour towards Saerin's table and tossed an airplane in her direction -- and it hit her nose from the side.

"Ow," Saerin cried and Jinyoung looked up from his paper at her. She turned to see Haknyeon walking back to his seat and a paper airplane on her table.

She contemplated waiting till the end of the quiz to read it... "I'm going to fail anyway," she shook her head and unwrapped the paper airplane.

Y-you... you're angry with Haknyeon-ie right T__T Mianhae... *tremble* please~ forgive~ Haknyeon-ie~

"Disgusting," She remarked and held back a laugh at the picture of a badly-drawn minion he drew beside his chicken scrawls. She looked up to see Haknyeon grinning back at her and she immediately wiped the smile off her face, turning back to her paper.

Saerin was never gladder to hear the bell ring. Time for lunch, time for a breather from such a bad day. She heaved a sigh of relief and turned towards Jinyoung, but he had already slinked away and she barely caught the sight of a raven-haired head and tall figure slip out of the doorway. 

"What...a... phantom..." Saerin blinked, shrugging. "Oh well, at least I don't have to show him around." She followed her classmates out as they rushed out for lunch.

101 High had mighty tons of class spirit and the canteen tables were grouped according to classes. Noone made friends outside of their classes and the rivarly was so strong that inter-class competitions were fought tooth-to-nail. 

"You okay there, Saerin?"

Jihoon had managed to walk beside her, his kind smile immediately brightening up her day. He was not the Class President for nothing.

Saerin gave him a rueful smile, nodding. "Thank you... for just now..." she gave a small bow.

"That should've been my job anyway." Jihoon shook his head firmly. "Sorry that you had to take up the responsibility..."

Saerin sighed as the both of them took seats at their class's table, with other boys and girls crowding around them and filling up the empty seats. "Don't apologise, Jihoon. Besides..." she looked around. "I have no idea where he is." She gave a yelp as Haknyeon shoved in between her and Euiwoong, giving her a sheepish grin.

"Time to diet, Saerin." He nudged her, trying to make space for himself. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter