Chapter 40

FRIENDSHIP, LOVE, HATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two people are sleeping peacefully until the alarm rings. One of them wakes up and turns off the alarm after seeing the time. It’s time for her to go to work. She looks at the person sleeping in her arms and smiles. She pecks her head and moves slowly so she won’t wake the other person. After moving away from the other person without waking her up, she goes to take a bath and get ready for the day. After getting ready she goes to the bed to leave a message for the person who is asleep, she pecks her forehead again and looks at her for a few minutes. She doesn’t want to go but she must go to work, so she gets up and goes out of her room.

House is quiet at this hour as others are still deep in their sleep. She looks down the hallway and sees 5 rooms with a small smile. She passes three rooms and checks on the fourth one. Slowly opening the door and smiles a little seeing the other person sleep. She goes in and covers her with the blanket. She leaves her room and goes to the next room to check on the youngest one. She covers her with the blanket too and leaves the room. Once satisfied by seeing them sleep, she goes downstairs to the kitchen and makes herself coffee before going to her car. She sighs and starts her car to go to work.

After 20 minutes she arrives at her company building. She parks her car and goes to her office. There are only a few people in the office as it’s just 7 in the morning. They all greet her, and she nods back. The managers are there as they are preparing for the meeting they are going to have in 10 minutes. She tells them that she will see them in 10.

She goes to her office and puts down her laptop bag. She takes out her things for the meeting and reviews the files she is going to use in the meeting. After 5 minutes she goes to the meeting room and checks if everything is working fine.

After a few minutes, other people start to come into the room and greet her. She nods back and asks them to take a seat. When they are all seated, she asks her secretary to pass the copy of the file, they are going to discuss today. The meeting lasts for almost three hours as they are discussing a new project for the company and she asks everyone to start working on the things mentioned in the file.

When she leaves the room, someone calls her from behind

“Ms. Jung” She turns around to see her secretary is walking towards her

“Yes,” She asks her secretary

“I just wanted to remind you about the meeting tomorrow at the other office” Jessica looks at her with raised eyebrows and then answers

“What meeting? I don’t think I’ve any meeting in that office?” Jessica says, and her secretary is about to say something when she speaks again

“Wait, isn’t Ms. Kim supposed to handle that meeting?” Jessica asks

“Yeah, she was going to, but she told me today that she is out of town and won’t be able to make it on time for tomorrow’s meeting,” Her secretary says and looks anywhere but her Boss as she sees her throwing daggers at her

“Why not?”

“Ms. Kim’s Mother is not feeling well s-” Before her secretary can finish Jessica cuts her

“What happened to Mother?” Jessica asks and before she can answer, she speaks again

“And why I was not informed earlier about it?”

“Well… She said she was going to tell you” Her secretary says and sees her Boss takes a deep breath.

Jessica is about to say something when her phone vibrates indicating she received a message. She opens her message and just as her secretary told her. She must attend the meetin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter