Sound Advice

But I was supposed to be the janitor?

“Right… yes. Well, Jonghyun I was just wondering if you are okay?” Jonghyun seemed to freeze for a moment before shaking his head and closing the door behind him. “____ do you mind if we move somewhere a little more private for this kind of conversation?” You could feel the heat rising in your face. You were an idiot; how could you not think to take him into a more private place than the corridor where anyone could walk past? He’s going to think that you are such a fool. “I’m so sorry Jonghyun, I wasn’t thinking at all. Let’s go into the next room”. You both walked to the next room in silence, you knocked on the door to check there was no one inside and then walked in. Closing the door, you turned around to apologise again, but not before Jonghyun started to talk “Did you get the bus really late a couple of days ago?” Where had this come from? Where had he seen you? “Yes I did, why do you ask?” Jonghyun paused for a second and just stared at you, his eyes staring straight into yours. He looked concerned, which made no sense, what was there to worry over? “You shouldn’t have been working then, it was your day off. You’re going to burn yourself out ____. I could see it in you today, you were trying to e upbeat and constantly on the go, but when we had a break you looked like you were going to collapse. Have you been sleeping and eating well?”

To say you were shocked would be an understatement. You would never have thought that he would have been looking at you so closely. Was this what Key was worried over? Him caring about you? You wondered whether Key had known all along what the problem was and knew you were the only one who could help. “Jonghyun, I know it was my day off, but I needed to help Exo. I am eating and sleeping fine, don’t worry about me. I’m surprised you saw me. I didn’t see you”. His face started to calm and relax “Okay, well you have to promise me that you won’t do it again. No matter how much they need you. If they have a problem, send them to me. Your health is too important to risk” You could feel yourself smiling before he had finished “I promise okay, now let’s get back to practise who knows what the others will be up to.” You started to walk to the door, your hand grazed the hadal as you felt your arm being pulled back and your body being pushed close to his “You’re not going back in there. Take the rest of the day off and come back tomorrow when you are ready.” His eyes were even more piercing up close. You couldn’t say no to him, you could feel your chest rising at the same time as his and your bodies coming closer together. Everything seemed to vanish from you other than him. The more you looked at him the more you realised how perfect he really was. “Jonghyun” Your breathy tone was matched by his “Yes?” Staring into his eyes you opened your mouth “Jonghyun, I…”

There was a knock at the door followed by whining that could have only come from Key “Jonghyun, ____ come back we need you. I asked you to talk to him, but I didn’t mean for this long!” Jonghyun’s hand fell away from your arm and you were brought back to reality. Jonghyun walked past you and opened the door “I’m coming back, but ____ is going to take the rest of the day off”. You watched him as he walked into the practice room and came out with your things. “Hey, are you both okay?” Onew looked at me and then stopped Jonghyun “You didn’t fight or anything right?” Jonghyun started laughing “No, why would we do that? I just want her to rest as she is shattered. You’re coming back tomorrow right?” Onew turned to face you “He’s telling the truth, right?” You nodded and took your stuff off Jonghyun with a grateful smile “He is. I’m sorry I don’t want to let you all down.” Minho put his arm around your neck and ruffled your hair “MINHO STOP” you couldn’t stop laughing “____ you’ve got to pay for deserting us”. Soon you were all laughing as you tried and failed to get out of Minho’s grip. They were all so good to you, you knew you were lucky to be working with them, but now this professional luck had turned into a personal one as well. You can’t imagine being as close to any other idol group.

As you finally said your goodbyes and went out of the building you saw a familiar car at your bus stop. Getting closer you saw Ji-yong and heard a click of car doors unlocking, walking to the window which had been wound down you looked at him “Get in ____ we’re going out”

[Thank you so much for waiting for this. After Jonghun’s death, I wasn’t sure whether or not to carry on, but I felt that I should and I hope that you enjoy the chapter!]