Memories and opportunities

But I was supposed to be the janitor?

Sitting alone at the exit of your university you watch silently as groups of friends come out. At the beginning of the year, you had made headway in making new friends and had worked your way into a group of people studying to be teachers as well. You weren’t great friends with any of them, but you got on well enough and regularly went out with them to clubs and for food. After getting your job with SM things had taken a turn for the worst and after your fifth time of saying you couldn’t go out with them, they never bothered inviting you again. You understood even if it upset you a little bit, what’s the point of being friends with someone who you never spoke to or saw? Seeing them leave together you debated whether to say hi, but you decided against it, they didn’t need you ruining their fun.

While watching the people leave you went over the recent day’s events in your head it was incredible to think that just yesterday you had seen your first choreographed piece be performed in front of the nation. Not only that but you had made a new friend or acquaintance who seemed very friendly. Maybe you will meet him at another TV show if you had the chance to ever go again. You need to look up where he is from so you can start listening to his music. What was his name again? Oh yes, Ji-Yong. You go onto the internet and just before you start typing in his name you get a call “Annyeong” you say quickly as you really want to find out who he is as your curiosity is getting the better of you. “Annyeong ____ we need you with Exo now, their new song is going to be heavily choreographed and we want you to be a part of this, but we need to start now if it is going to be ready in time for their music video and live performances.” You didn’t even have to think this was the biggest thing that you would be working on so far, you had to do it “Of course I will be there as soon as possible, gamsahamnida, I won’t let you down!”

Dashing towards the closest bus stop you near pushed yourself onto the train and ran as fast as you could into the building and to the rehearsal room. You may be shattered, but this wasn’t going to stop you from giving them the best choreography that you could think of. You found out that you were working with one other choreographer, this did not matter though, you were going to choreograph a dance number an actual dance number. “Let’s begin” your voice sang its way across the room and the music .

After three hours in the studio, it was hard to say you were anything other than dead, you near dragged yourself to the bus stop, realising you would be catching the last bus of the night. You popped your bag down and got out your phone to listen to the song again. You had choreographed the first verse and chorus, but there was still so much to do you couldn’t waste a moment of your time. You became so engrossed in the music that you failed to notice the two pairs of eyes watching you intently from the SM building and park over the road. The bus soon rolled up and in your hurry, you ran onto the bus without picking up your bag. It was only when you were seated and the bus was driving off that you realised that you had left it on the floor by the bus stop. You would have to ring up the SM building after you get home and see if they can find it for you. You didn’t want to walk alone at this time of night, especially seeing as you didn’t live in the nicest of areas and it would be such a long walk home.

“Jonghyun we need to go are you coming or not?” “I’m coming, mian I thought I saw ____” the rest of SHINee looked at him in confusion with Onew voicing their concern “Really, but it’s so late, why would ____ be here now?” Jonghyun’s head was still directed to the bus stop even though he knew you weren’t there anymore “I don’t know, I thought ____ had a day off today?” Key burst out laughing “You know ____’s schedule now? Are you in love Jonghyun?” Scowling at Key he walked away, but not without giving one last confused look towards where you had been standing and climbed into the car and drove off. Waiting over by the park for them to leave G-Dragon started to walk across the road away from his car and picked up the bag that you had left. Quickly so not to draw any attention to himself he ran back to his car and started looking through your bag “____ come on you must have your address somewhere in here so I can give it back to you” muttering to himself and not realising he was speaking out loud “Ah!” he almost shouted “I knew I would find it in the end.” He swung his car around and drove to your house.

[Thank you for reading everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. We will soon be getting into the more romantic side of things, but I wanted to set the story up enough before we got there. As always feel free to comment and subscribe]