At M Countdown

But I was supposed to be the janitor?

After working at SM for a few weeks you got used to the everyday activities of going over groups dances and helping with the staging a couple of songs, but now your big break had come as this week a piece you had staged all on your own was going onto M Countdown. It wasn’t a big dance number but you believe that the way you have staged it the music will make the song stand out perfectly. The song was Lonely from Jonghyun’s The Collection: Story Op.2 it was one of your favourite songs from the album and Taeyeon’s vocals within it were sublime. You have been told that as a treat for finishing your first set piece shown to the public you are able to watch from the side of the stage to gauge people’s reactions and enjoy your moment.

After thanking the producers for the opportunity, you make your way to the side of the stage enjoying the performances as they go by, when you feel someone standing behind you “Annyeong ____” a familiar voice whispered behind you “Jonghyun” you replied in surprise “Shouldn’t you be getting ready to perform?” “Of course, but how could I go on stage without thanking the person who pulled this all together? I would just be standing like an idiot if you didn’t tell me what to do”. You stand there perplexed how could he say such things? He did all the demanding work making the music video, writing the music, providing those incredible vocals and he is saying you pulled it all together? “But Jonghyun you did everything! All I did was tell you where to stand and when to move closer to Taeyeon” “You underestimate yourself you know” he smiled and quickly leaned close to your ear and whispered, “I will do my best for you, please enjoy it, hwaiting” and with that turned around and left.

In a daze, you stood there like an idiot with a huge smile on your face, everything around you was a blur. People had been so nice to you since you joined the SM family and Jonghyun had just made your day by being so complimentary to you. Suddenly you hear the song you’ve been waiting for begin and you're immediately captivated by his silky-smooth voice and Taeyeon’s lyrical tone. It’s all over too quickly and you find yourself jumping up and down clapping as hard as you can as Jonghyun bows, thanks the guests and leaving the stage. You don’t notice in your pleasure a man looking at you quizzically and walking off.

You go backstage to Jonghyun’s dressing room and see the rest of SHINee congratulating him on his great live performance. You witness, to your amusement, Key forcing Jonghyun into taking a selfie with him before knocking on the door. The group snap their heads to look at you which makes your initially confident self, turn quite sheepish. “I just wanted to say congratulations and thank you for executing my choreography so well”, he gives you that same dashing smile he gave you before he went on earlier accompanied by a bow “That’s okay ____. You did really well for your first choreography” “Yeah ____ you were amazing” Onew piped in. “Could never tell you were going for a different role when you first came to SM” Minho encouraged. “Thanks, everyone, you’re being way too nice to me” Anyway I’ve got to get going I am meeting with Red Velvet again in and hour” after saying your goodbye’s you walked out the door only to bump into what felt like a solid wall.

[So, who is this mystery man watching you from afar? Thank you so much for reading. Sorry, this is so late. I am back into writing this and I am hoping that I will be able to get some more chapters done soon. I am not sure how long this story is going to be, but it is probably going to be quite a long one. Please comment and subscribe so I can make my story more like how you all want it to be.]