An Unexpected Visitor

But I was supposed to be the janitor?

Clothes and shoes were flung anywhere that wasn’t the floor, your wooden coffee table had been shoved next to the wall and you were in your workout clothes all the while you were trying to find your bag “Please can you look again? Are you sure there wasn’t a bag by the bus stop? It was a normal bag, with my textbooks and multiple other things in. Are you positive? Okay, gamsahamnida.” Throwing your phone at the sofa you started playing your music again so that you could try to dance out your frustration. Being in the basement of the flat complex you didn’t have to worry about your steps being too loud so you put in your earphones and started going over your choreography. Soon enough you were coming up with new steps and trying to work out the placement of each member in the group so that you could go back over it with them tomorrow. You were going between your notebook to draw down what you were creating and the music to go back over it.

You were half way through the routine when you heard a knock on the door. Surely your music hadn’t been too noisy? You were wearing earphones, but the walls are paper thin. You made sure that you were presentable and opened the door with a tired look on your face so the neighbours wouldn’t think it was you and nearly jumped when you realised it was Ji-Yong. “Annyeong ____ I’m so sorry to come at this time of night, but I saw you leave your bag and I searched to try and find the place you lived so I could give it back to you and well here I am.” As he presented the bag you could have cried all your important university work was in there along with multiple other important things. “GAMSAHAMNIDA Ji-Yong! I can’t believe you found it, I can’t thank you enough” you gave him a huge hug before you realised what you were doing and quickly stepped away. His smile was radiant and you couldn’t stop yourself from smiling back “It’s fine it wasn’t any trouble at all” he turned slowly, which felt almost deliberate, but you took the bait as easily as it was thrown “Wait Ji-Yong! Do you want to come in for some tea or anything, it’s the least I can do” his eyes locked with yours in such a way you couldn’t stop looking “Aniyo, I can’t take up any more of your time. I hope to see you again soon though now that I know where you live” his chuckle faded as he shifted further from your door “And don’t forget to keep warm, close your door I am fine.” He sounded so sure and even though you wanted to do as he asked you couldn’t take your eyes off him. As you peered through your door to check he was alright you saw him get into what looked like a ridiculously expensive car. Was he just a rich kid then? Or was he more famous than you were giving him credit for? He drove away quickly and loudly and you found yourself staring at the place his car had been for five minutes before snapping yourself out of your daze and closing the door behind you.

Putting your bag in a safe place you decided flopped onto your bed. He had become your knight in shining armour, you were so lucky he had found it. No one else would have taken the time and effort it takes to find your house to give it back to you. Well maybe Jonghyun would, but there’s no guaranteeing it. Laying in your bed silently you think about your hero and how lucky it was he saw you leave your bag behind. Though what he was doing outside the bus stop was anyone’s guess.  After the stress of the day, you couldn’t help but fall slowly into a deep sleep thinking about Ji-Yong's face standing in the doorway smiling at you.

[Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I hope that you enjoyed it. I am sorry it is really slow, but I want to build up the characters and character interactions instead of rushing it]