New Acquaintances

But I was supposed to be the janitor?

Not again you thought and were immediately taken back to when you bumped into Jonghyun on your first day, you looked up to see a new face looking at you quizzically and then in recognition “You! You’re the girl from the side of the stage jumping around aren’t you?” the man near shouted, which made you feel embarrassed. Did other people see that? Well, of course, they did you were doing it for a while and in front of people. But who was he? He must be an idol or stage management if he was backstage. You looked him up and down, his clothing and hair suggested he was an idol. No normal human being would have such an obscure but on trend style and somehow be able to pull it off. His hair was black but parted in the middle, with an oversized rainbow coloured jacket and clashing t-shirt paired with leather black skinny jeans. “Yes, that might have been me” you admitted in a timid voice “I’m so embarrassed you had to witness that.” Ignoring your last comment, he carried on “Right, and what’s your name” “Oh, of course, I’m ____, it is a pleasure to meet you. Who are you?” Stunned didn’t quite cover his facial expression. “You don’t know who I am? Truly?” You repeatedly began bowing as low as you could “Joesonghamnida. I have come over here to learn to become a teacher I am originally from England. I’ve never been a huge fan of K-pop, but I am getting into it and I know SHINee and Red Velvet and Girls Generation now and I think I am working with Exo next week.” You ended up going silent and hanging your head so you didn’t have to look at him. You’d obviously offended him, you really should have looked up more boy groups. Was he even from SM?

You stood in silence for a minute before looking up to see him smiling “Don’t worry about it I’m Kwon Ji-yong it’s nice to meet you ____” You sigh in relief he must be an unknown idol or at least not as popular as that was a name you had never heard before. “Are you part of the SM family then?” “Oh no, I’m part of another company YG Entertainment have you heard of them?” You thought for a bit, obviously, you had heard of them, but they were considered competition for SM so you didn’t know any of the idols from there. Maybe you shouldn’t be talking to him? Would SM sack you for talking to someone from another company? You should probably leave you only have 50 minutes now until you have to be with Red Velvet “Yes I have, listen I am so sorry but I have to go I’ve got to be somewhere really soon.” He looked blanked face at you. Was there a hint of disappointment in his eyes? No, you must be stupid he’s an idol no matter how unknown he wouldn’t care about talking to you. “That’s fine you enjoy the rest of your day ____ I hope we get to meet up again soon” “I hope so to Kwon Ji-yong” “Call me Ji-yong please” “Okay Ji-yong, annyeong” “Annyeong ____.” As you waved and turned around you didn’t notice Ji-yong watching you the whole way smiling to himself as you walked out of the door.

After walking away from Ji-yong you had to wonder what band he was from. You made a mental note to look him up later as if he wasn’t that popular it would be nice for you as an acquaintance to try and help him out. He was certainly good-looking in a rough around the edge’s kind of way. Not that you should be thinking that of course, you need to focus on your job and helping red velvet. That smile though, it was breath-taking, he must be the visual of the group. How would they be able to pick anyone else when he looked like that? In the end, you snapped yourself out of your little world and plugged yourself into your phone so you could get some more ideas for your choreography you had to come up with.

[Thank you for reading this chapter. So, the mystery man was obviously GD even if you don’t know who he is yet. I would love to know who you think you should end up getting with in the end!]