What does he mean?

But I was supposed to be the janitor?

After a couple of days back at university you were heading back to work at SM. However much you loved your job it was always nice to have a couple of days off so that you could have a rest and come up with your latest ideas. You were also grateful to have a couple of days just to focus on your studies as however much you were loving working at SM you were only there to fund your teaching degree. It was becoming more and more apparent though as time went on that leaving SM was going to be difficult as the people there and what you were doing had given you some of the best experiences you’d ever had in your life.

Your reminiscing seemed to make the bus journey take longer than usual and by the time you go to your stop you felt light-hearted going into work. SHINee was who you were working with today. You let out a tiny squeak. No matter how much you enjoyed working with all the other artists, SHINee were so special to you and it also helped that they were incredibly talented both vocally and with their dancing abilities. Jogging to the changing room, you quickly got changed and made your way to the training room. As they were going on tour soon you had to go over their previous dances with them as the crowd could apparently never get enough of their classics, along with their new songs off their album. As you were putting the CD on a tap on your shoulder brought you out of your thoughts “It’s nice to be working with you again”. The familiar and soothing voice of Jonghyun swept into your ears (he was a picture) “Working with me? It’s wonderful working with you again”.

After a couple of hours, they were near enough perfect and you knew that the crowds were just going to love them. You decided to take a break to give them some time to recuperate before starting up again. “Hey, ____ can I have a word with you outside?” Key asked you weren’t going to turn him down so you followed him out of the room and into the corridor. “What’s up Key? Is anything wrong?” “Nothing is wrong per say, it’s just I worry about Jonghyun he seems to be a bit all over the place at the moment”. Confused was the easiest way of putting your feelings seeing as from your point of view Jonghyun's dancing was on point with the rest of the members and you had never seen any of the other members complain about him. “To me, he was in time with everyone else and he was in the right place at all times”. Key burst out laughing. “I meant he doesn’t seem himself, not that his dancing is bad”. Your silent ‘oh’ seemed to resonate through the corridor. “Do you want me to have a chat with him?” you asked. “That would be great. I’ll bring him out to you” he said. Once you said those words his whole person seemed to light up and he near skipped back into the training room. What on earth were you going to say that would help him? Was there even anything wrong? What if you just end up looking like an idiot and it made training awkward? While all these thoughts were racing through your mind his head popped round the door with a smile of gold attached to it “Key said you were asking for me?”

[And that’s the end of the chapter. Sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger but I couldn’t help myself. I am hoping to post the next chapter soon so that you don’t have to wait too long.]