Minho is leaving

Life at the Balg-Eun Nun School

Minho was good at football. No, not good he was great at it. But, it was because on days like today as soon as he gets home from school, he practiced for hours with his father's guidance. I mean who is better to ask than someone who coaches for a living. His father knew this was Minho's dream so he pushed him to do things that would make him better. Getting into this school was no exception. This school basically sets you up for any job you could think of. Minho had the same schedule basically everyday:

6:30 am-Leave for school

7:00 am-Arrive at school

2:00 pm-Leave school and go to soccer fields

2:15-5:15-Practice with dad

5:30-7:00-Study at library and do homework

7:00-9:00-Eat dinner and watch football match

9:00-Shower and go to bed

This was what he did everyday. Except game days the game replaced his practice. Now Minho was going to the Balg-Eun Nun school. It was the day before Minho left and he decided he was going to skip studying and go to a cafe to grab some coffee instead. He walked in the cafe and went to order. The cashier was a boy with dyed blonde hair and long earrings in. When Minho walked up the boy smiled. He had one of those smiles where his gums showed. Minho smiled back and said "Hi, I would like a large mocha cappuccino with carmel drizzle."

"Sure. That will be $4.75" He said. Minho handed him a five and said to keep the change. The boy went to make Minho's drink in the back. Minho waited for a few minutes until the boy came back. He handed Minho the cup and Minho noticed writing on it. It said 'Call me, 111-111-1111 -Ji-Yong'. The cashier winked at him and he smiled. Minho started to walk away when he asked "You going to Balg-Eun Nun this year?"

"How did you kno-" The cashier pointed to his shirt. Minho had forgot he wore the shirt the school had sent him. "Oh, yeah I leave tomorrow."

"Me too!"

"Really?" Minho asked, surprised.

"Yeah. One day if you are free, we should go out."

"Like on a date?"

"If that's okay with you."

"I'm not-I don't-I-I don't think so."

"Why?''

"You're a guy." Minho whispered.

The boy just looked at him and said "I know that. So what? You don't think i'm cute?''

"You're a boy."

"Why do you keep saying that?"

"I don't think we can go out. Sorry."

"You never answered me. You think i'm cute?'' Minho just blushed and walked out. Minho looked at the boy's name on his cup, Ji-Yong. Truth be told, Minho did think the cashier was cute but did not want to announce it to the whole cafe. He pretended he was straight because he was not ready to come out yet. His dad did not know and he did not intend on telling him any time soon. Minho figured maybe after a few days, he could call Ji-Yong. Even if they did not like each other as boyfriends, they could always be friends. He had never really had a friend before. Soccer was his life and if that meant having no social life, that was how it was going to be. It isn't that he did not want friends, he just did not have time for them. But now that he got in he could study a little less than before. Minho walked home happy that day.

The next morning Minho grabbed his suitcase, his backpack and his soccer ball. He was about to leave his home for the rest of the year. He was ready to  finally get some friends, and ones that could keep up with how smart he was too. He was excited to say the least. Him and his father got in the car and left. They arrived at the building he was going to be living in and walked to the receptionist inside. "Hi my name is Choi Minho."

He grabbed a key and handed it to Minho and said "You are in room 208 with Kwon Ji-Yong." Minho froze.

"What is his name?"

"Kwon Ji-Yong

"Kwon Ji-Yong!"

"Yes."

"Did you see him? What did he look like? Did he have blonde hair?"

"Do you know him?" his father asked.

"Did he have blonde hair?" Minho said quite loudly.

"I am not sure. Why don't you go to your room and see?''

"Let's go!" Minho said and dragged his father to the elevator and then to his room. Minho ripped the key out of his pocket and shoved it in the door. He opened the door and was face to face with the same boy he met at the coffee shop. "It's you." Minho said.

"It's me!" He said smiling. "You know you still never answered me question. Do you-" He started. Minho launched forward and covered the boy's mouth with his hand. He hinted towards his dad and he understood. Ji-Yong bowed to his father and said "Hello, sir."

"Hello. How do you two know each other?''

"We actually just met yesterday" Ji-Yong said. "We talked at the coffee shop when he came in."

"Ah, I see. Minho, I am going to go out so you can start to unpack and get situated alright? I will be back for the dinner."

"Ok dad, see ya." Ji-Yong bowed again as he left. His father walked out and Minho closed the door behind him. When he turned around, Ji-Yong was right in front of him. "Can I help you?'' He asked.

"You're dad doesn't know?"

"Doesn't know what?''

"Are you stupid or just in denial?'' 

"Neither. I just don't need him to know. How did you know?"

"I just knew. Gays can recognize other gays!" They both laughed. They both unpacked in silence for about a half hour before Ji-Yong said "You know my date offer still stands."

"Yeah?''

"Yeah."

"I might just take you up on that one of these days."

"Really?!" He said excitedly. They finished unpacking, both with smiles on their faces.