Taemin is leaving

Life at the Balg-Eun Nun School

"Taemin it's time to go." His mother yelled. It was his last dance class before he left for Balg-Eun Nun tomorrow. Taemin has danced basically his whole life and he was great at it. He loved dancing but it was causing an issue for him. He was losing weight fast and with him already being very skinny and underweight, it worried his mother. So she told a little lie to Taemin. She told him they were going to dance practice but really she was taking him to the doctor to see what they could do about his weight loss. 

Taemin walked downstairs in some of his regular clothes. "Why aren't you dressed for class?"

"Cause I know we aren't going to class. You are taking me to the doctor."

"How the hell-"

"I am REALLY smart. Plus, I heard you tell dad." They both laughed.

"Sorry you have to miss practice but I am worried."

"I know. Let's just get this over with." Taemin hated his doctor. He thought he was a creep. He was pretty sure he liked little boys. But he could never specifically point out something he did that proved it. They arrived at the doctor and his mother filled out his paperwork. About ten minutes later, the creep called "Taemin." Taemin and his mom walked in and the doctor kept his eyes on Taemin. Taemin got chills from this guy. "Hello Taemin! Mrs. Lee!"

"Hello." his mother said for the both of them.

"So what brings you here today?" 

Taemin stayed silent. His mother answered instead "Well, Taemin is a dancer. He dances almost everyday and it is making him lose weight incredibly fast. I just don't want him to be putting his health in danger."

"Let's go ahead and weigh you." the doctor said. Taemin stood up and walked to the scale. When he stood on it, the doctor gasped. The average weight for a 13 year old is about 100 pounds. Taemin was 84 pounds. "Taemin can you take your shirt off for me?'' the doctor asked. Taemin looked at his mom who nodded her head. He slowly and reluctantly pulled off his shirt. The doctor's eyes widened when he saw how sharply his ribcage poked out. You could see every line of them. "How much do you generally eat?''

"A normal amount, i guess." Taemin said

"Well I don't want you to have to give up dance, I can give you weight gain pills."

"They aren't going to make me fat are they?"

"They shouldn't make you gain too much weight, just enough to get you to a healthy level. Once you are a little heavier, we can take you off the pills."

"Fine." Taemin said.

"Thank you doctor. Can you send the prescription to the phamacy right away? I want Taemin to have them before he goes away to school."

"Where is he going?''

"Balg-Eun Nun.''

"Wow, that is a hard school to get into! You must be pretty smart, huh?"

"Yeah, can we go now?" The doctor rubbed his back and said "Calm down son."

Taemin ripped his body away from his hand and ran out the room. He ran out the doctor's office anp plopped himself on the curb. He let tears fill his eyes and slip down his cheeks. He was scared that this man was going to touch him in a bad way. So scared. When his hand touched him, he couldn't deal with it. A few minutes later, his mom sat beside him and hugged him close to her chest. "You okay, Minnie?" He shook his head. He wasn't okay. He was far from it. His mother said "Do you need to go to the therapist?'' He nodded. Taemin had something absolutely horrible happen to him last year. He was showering after gym class when his gym teacher came in. He did horrible things to Taemin. Every time he was around an older man, he could not help but have flashbacks. His father had moved out right after what happened because he just could not be around him. Taemin knew his father was not going to do what his teacher had done but he was still scared. He felt bad for seperating his parents but what could he do. With that nod, he and his mother stood and walked to the car and drove to his therapist's office. Taemin felt bad making his mother go through everything with him. While he talked to his therapist she ran to the store to get his prescription. When she returned they left to go home so Taemin could finish packing. About half way to his home, Taemin could not help but say "Sorry."

"For what, Minnie?"

"For making you and dad be apart, and making you drive me to the doctor, and for being too skinny and for having to deal with me and my problems." The words were falling out of him. He felt so bad for everything his mom had to do for him. He felt tears stream down his cheeks.

"Oh Minnie!" She would have hugged him had she not been driving. "What happened to you was the worst thing I could ever imagine. I don't expect you to get over it right away. As for your dad, he understands and is anxiously waiting until he gets to be with us again. But he gets it. And being too skinny is not your fault. I don't DEAL with you I just take care of you. I have no issue with that. If I was not ready to take care of and love you, I would not have had you in the first place. You are my Minnie and I accept all the baggage that comes with you. So I will not let you feel like you are forcing me to do things for you, got it? I am your mom, that is what I am here for." Taemin wiped his cheeks.

"I love you mommy."

"I love you too."

They arrived home a few minutes later and Taemin started to walk inside. He stopped when his mother called his name. She walked up and hugged him tight and said "I couldn't do that while I was driving." 

Taemin packed and showered and then went to bed. When he woke up the next morning, he realized it was his last day with his mother and his first day at Balg-Eun Nun. He knew all summer that he was going to have to say bye to her but he was not ready. He got up and got dressed. His house was very close to the school so he knew if he ever needed her, she could come fairly quickly. It was only a ten minute drive anyway. They got in the car and were off.

They arrived in the lounge area of his new dorm. It was a big place. He imagined how many smart people were here and smiled. Caught up in his thoughts, he neglected to here the receptionist ask for his name. His mother answered for him saying "Lee Taemin.''

"Sorry, I was spaced out." He whispered to his mom. She patted his shoulder.

"You are in room 203 with a Lee Jinki." He handed him a key and they went to the second floor. Taemin opened the door to a beautiful boy. He had reddish brown hair and dark brown eyes. He was intrigued. He walked in with his mother but the boy did not notice. He noticed the pretty boy had earbuds in. He walked up and tapped his shoulder. The boy jumped and yanked the earbuds out of his ears. "Aigoooo, you scared me." He said.

Taemin felt bad for scaring him and said "I am so sorry!"

"No problem. I am Lee Jinki but you can call me Onew." He said and bowed to Taemin and then his mother.

"I am Lee Taemin and this is my mother." He said. The pretty boy smiled. Taemin could not pullis eyes off of him. He was just so pretty. Taemin smiled and then an awkward silence fell. Onew was the first to speak after that, but it was not to Taemin it was to his mother "My mother went to a cafe nearby to get some coffee but she will be back for the family dinner. You two can meet and me and Taemin can get to know each other." Taemin was surprised he was talking to his mother with such ease.

"That would be nice. I really hope you two can be friends. With how young Taemin is he usually has trrouble making friends." She said as if Taemin was not standing right there. 

"Mooooom." Taemin whined. He felt his cheeks turn hot with embarrassment. Onew and Taemin shared a glace into each other's eyes and Taemin blushed even more. His mother was oblivious because she was so charmed.

"How old is he?" Onew said again as if Taemin was not there.

"Thirteen." She said proudly.

"Wow, you must be really smart." Taemin looked up.

"Yeah, I am."

"And he is humble too!" All three of them laughed at that. Taemin felt a strsnge mix of feelings toward this boy. He was happy, confused, embarrased and charmed all in one. Taemin had never really had a friend. Maybe this was how friends were suppose to feel towards each other. Taemin's mother helped him unpack until about 6:30. Onew's mother arrived back and the four of them walked together to the huge dining all for the family dinner.