Key is leaving

Life at the Balg-Eun Nun School

Key woke up at 4 a.m. He tried to fall back asleep but was so anxious. He had waited for years to go to this school and today was the day he was finally leaving. He shut his eyes and tried to fall back asleep but to no avail. He layed there on his back and pictured his roommate. He imagined someone who was really cute, hopefully not too cute because they would be sharing a room. He had a boyfriend he loved and did not intend on cheating on him. Maybe his roommate would be into fashion like him. But what if he hated him. All these thoughts were driving him up the wall when his stomach growled. He decided to go get a snack, it's not like he was going back to sleep anyway. When he got to th kitchen he heard a noise come from the living room. He grabbed a rolling pin for protection and tip toed to the living room. He was scared out of his mind. He knew it was not his mother because he had peeked in her room on the way to the kitchen. Key rounded the corner and held his breath. He saw a man with dark clothes on and gripped the rolling pin tighter. He jumped from around the corner and ran to the man and hit him relentlessly with his weapon. He heard the man yell 'stop' but he had no intentions of doing so. Kibum thought 'How are you going to break into my house and then tell me to stop hitting you'. But then the man started yelling "Kibum! What are you doing?" He knew his name? Key stopped briefly to ask "How do you know my name?"

He had been wearing a hood so Key had not seem his face. But when he pulled the hood off Key yelled "Gahhhh- Why are you here? And why at 4 a.m.? You scared the crap out of me! You bastard!" It was his older brother, Daehee. Daehee was in college and lived in a dorm. 

"I came to come see the school with you! God damn! You know for being so skinny, you hit hard!" He said. Key raised his fist to fake punch his brother. Daehee was Key's best friend. He always looked up to him. But, His brother got everything without even needing to try, and that annoyed Key. He got accepted to Balg-Eun Nun when he was 15 just like Key but he did not have to study and he had got a 94% on his test. He had a beautiful girlfriend, he did good in school, he was a fairly good looking guy. Key wondered what his brother did not have. He was always jealous of Daehee in this sense but when they would hang out, he loved him. They would play games as kids and Daehee would let him win but he would not make it too obvious so Key did not know. Once Daehee got a job, he would take Key to the store to buy all kinds of unhealthy candy and snacks but told him to keep it a secret. If their mom found out, he would be in the doghouse.Key never told that secret but when he turned 13, he became really concerned with his weight and no longer went to the store with Daehee. This made Daehee upset so he frequently made comments that Key was too skinny.

"You idiot! Why are you coming so late?"

"I left the dorm at 8 (p.m.) thinking I would get here by 10 but my car broke down on the way here. So, by the time the guys came to tow it and bring it here, it was almost 2 in the morning."

"Ayyyyya, so stupid." He helped his brother off the ground and hugged him. Daehee loved Key more than anything and anyone. He remembers when Key first brought his boyfriend,Jong Suk to have dinner with the family. Daehee tried so hard to like him but he thought he was rude and pushy and not good enough for his baby brother. He figured no matter what guy Key brought home, he would never think they were good enough. Daehee was always fascinated with the fact that Key was gay. In stores he would ask Key if a guy was good looking and if he said yes, he then asked why. Key would just push him away and say his signature "Ayyyyyya" he was used to. 

"So Kibum, why are you up this late?"

"I couldn't sleep. I mean I am going to be living my dream in a few hours."

"You are this excited about school? You are such a nerd."

"You were the one that told me to go here."

"Yeah because I loved it except for the whole school part. I met a lot of really good friends there. My roommate was the best. You find out your roommates name yet?"

"Yeah, the school sent me a message and his name is Kim Jonghyun."

"Hmm, sounds interesting. You think he will be cute?"

"I don't know!" Key said laughing.

"Oh, I can't wait to meet him!"

"Meet him?"

"When I bring you to your room."

"No, there will be no meeting."

"Why not? You embarrassed by me."

"Not yet but I will be because if he is cute you will say weird stuff"

"What kind of weird stuff?"

"I don't know but-" He was interrupted by a voice behind him saying "Kibum?" It was his mother.

"Kibum what are you doing up? Oh, Daehee you are here!"

"You knew he was coming?" Key asked.

"Of coarse but he wanted it to be a surprise so I didn't tell you." It was a surprise. He remembers he was just hitting his brother with a rolling pin and bursts out laughing.

"What are you laughing about?'' Daehee asks.

"I was-hitting you--with--a rolling pin" Key said in between chuckles. Daehee and his mother joined in laughing too. Key loved his family. Once they were all hoarse from laughter Key's mother again asked "Why are you up anyway?''

"I couldn't sleep." His mother nodded. They were laying on the couch. His mom on one end, Daehee on the other and Key slapped in the middle. Key turned to ask Daehee if he wanted a drink but he ad fallen asleep. He then turned back to his mother who was sleeping as well. Key suddenly felt really warm and tired. He cuddled up to his mom and brother and suddenly had no problem falling asleep.

When Key woke up that next morning on the couch but the other two were up already. Key went to his bathroom and showered. He had his own bathroom. His family had lots of money but Key never took it for granted. His father was always away on buisness and his paycheck reflected it. When Key got out of the shower he dressed in simple. His version of simple is not necessarily everyone else's. He put on a very sparkly shirt and pants with glitter on the hems. He then did his smokey eye makeup and put sparkles at the point of each eye. He looked stunning. He looked at the clock and they were suppose to leave 45 minutes ago. Key quickly grabbed his two massive suitcases and his backpack and ran to the car. Daehee and his mother were already in the car waiting. As soon as Key slammed the door closed they were off.

They pulled up to Key's building and walked inside. Key was ecstatic. So many years of studying and training and he was finally here. The three of them walked up to the man at reception and asked for his room number.

"What's your name?" The man asked.

"Kim Kibum." He answered.

"You are in room 216 with Kim Jonghyun. He has already checked in so you are both accounted for." He handed Key a room key(lol). They all got on the elevator and went to the room.  "Ok mom. You go downstairs. I will be there in a minute. I need to talk to Key." Daehee said. They were staying for the family dinner but were going shopping before and coming back. Their mother went down to the car.

"What do you need to talk to me about?"

"Nothing but I need to see your roommate"

"No I don't wan-" Before Key could finish objecting, Daehee swiped the key from him and opened the door. Daehee walked in and saw a boy on the bed, reading a beat up book. "Hey" Daehee said.

The boy just looked at him but when Key came in his eyes widened. "Hello, I'm Kibum. But you can call me Key." He said

"Who did your makeup?" The boy asked. Key was confused but answered "I did it myself. Why, you like it?"

The boy shrugged and said "It could be better" Key's mouth gaped open. Five seconds in and his roommate was insulting him. Daehee pulled Key to the side and whispered "He is really pretty."

"Yeah but he just insulted me."

"Just play nice with him at least until me and mom get back, ok?"

"Whatever." Daehee pet his brother's head and left. Key walked over to his bed and sat down. He decided he should probably talk to the boy but he seemed so uninterested in him. It was completely silent when Key blurted out "So your name is Jonghyun right?" 

"If you already know the answer, why bother asking?'' Key felt his teeth clench. Why was this boy being so rude?

"Ayyyyya, you know wh-" He stopped when his phone started ringing. It was Jong Suk. Key answered "Hello?''

"Hey Key! Are you there?"

"Yeah just got in my room."

"Oh nice is your roommate there yet?"

"Unfortunately." Jonghyun must have heard Jong Suk's question because he looked at Key and smiled. Why was he smiling? Key had just been rude to him and he was smiling. His smile was so cute and Key could not help but smile back.

"Why is he mean?" Jonghyun waited for Key's reply. 

"He seems like an a*shole" This time Jonghyun laughed and Key was loving it. 

"I am so sorry babe."

"It is okay I will manage. But, I got to go, there is this thing I got to get to."

"No problem. I will talk to you later, love you."

"Love you too." He hung up. Key put one of the huge suitcases on his bed and started to unpack it. Suddenly Jonghyun got up and pulled a bag out and said "Come here." Key stayed right where he was because he was stunned by his words. He asked "Why?''

"Just come here. I am not going to hurt you if that is what you are worried about." Key slowly walked to his bed where he was sitting. Jonghyun patted the bed telling him to sit down. "Sit like me" He said. He had his legs crossed on the bed. Key did what he was told and Jonghyun opened the bag next to him. He pulled out a wetwipe and said "Close your eyes." Key was suddenly nervous. Jong plucked off the sparkles Key had put at the corner of his eyes and pressed the wet wipe on them until all  of his makeup was off. He rummaged through the bag and Key opened his eyes. Sitting this close to Jonghyun made Key realize how pretty he really was. He had high cheekbones and a set jaw and his eyes were a deep brown. His makeup was beautiful. It highlighted all the right places and Key could not help but ask "Who taught you to do makeup?"

He froze. Key thought maybe it was a bad question. "Story for another time." He said. He wondered if he had asked a personal question. "Sorry." He said. He just laughed at Key and said "So strange." Key laughed too as Jonghyun leaned forward and did his makeup. When he was done he gave Key a little handheld mirror and said "Am I good or what?" Key was stunned. He had never looked so good and that was saying something. "Ayyyyyya" He said. Jonghyun laughed again and Key thought 'I think I can get used to him'.