Key's acceptance

Life at the Balg-Eun Nun School

"Hey Key!" said Key's three friends simultaneously. All of Key's friends were girls. Not because boys disliked Key, but because he just had more in common with the girls. He is very dramatic and loves fashion and gossip. He just felt like one of the girls. He sat with the three girls at their lunch table. "Hey!" He said.

"Oh my god Key, what did you get on your test, the one you took online?" One of the girls asked. They all leaned in to answer.

"I don't know, why?" He asked confused. 

"Apparently they asked Yeon Joo for an interview" One of his friends says. Key rips his phone out of his pocket and opens it to see three unread messages from his mother. He opens his phone and screams. The messages say:

'Oh my god!

Key, baby!

They want an interview!!!!!!!'

Key has wanted to go to this particular boarding school basically his whole school career. He had been studying hard for so long to pass the test he took. Key was very smart on his own, but he also had to work very hard. He worked for hours every night. It was finally happening. Everything he had worked so hard for. He was ecstatic! He stood up and ran to his boyfriend's classroom. His boyfriend's name was Jong Suk and he was precious. He knocked on the door of his bf's classroom and asked the teacher "Can I steal Jong Suk for two seconds? Please!"

"Fine, two seconds." Key motioned for him to come to the door. He walked over and said "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I am so much better than okay! I am perfect! I am- Oh my god!"

"Breathe. Tell me what you are so happy about." Jong Suk said chuckling.

"I got an interview" He said and smiled huge

"You're joking. Get out!" Key shaked his head and Jong Suk picks him up and spins him around. When he sets Key back down he says "You did it" He kissed him many times, all over his whole face. It was a moment of pure bliss for Key. He had great friends, a great boyfriend and just got into his dream school. Key's face suddenly turned from overjoyed to defeated. "What's wrong?"

"I just realized if I get in we won't see each other that much anymore"

"I know and that . But we can make it through it, and you have worked so hard for this so you have to go."

"We will stay together then?"

"Of coarse" The smile returned to Key's face and the bliss was back.

 

As soon as Key walked in the door he saw his mother and they both stared at each other blankly. They stayed like this for almost 30 seconds before his mom broke and smiled, he returned the smile. His mother ran up and hugged Key incrediblely tight. "You did it baby!"

"Not yet. There is still the interview. When did they say it was?"

"Tomorrow at noon."

"Tomorrow?!?!"

"Yes. They said that they did not want your answers to be scripted." She said in a mocking tone. Key laughed and grabbed his mother's hands and jumped up and down. They were both so happy. ''Now if it was your brother I would tell you to dress nice but I don't think I need to tell you that!"

"I would be offended if you told me that"

"I know you would"

Key ran up the stairs and went into his walk-in closet. All the way in the back, packed in box was a designer suit that Key had saved up for for two years. It cost $4,000. He took the suit out of the box and layed a hand on it. Still perfect. He put it on a hanger so he could get easy access to it in the morning and ran, put his pajamas on and tried to fall asleep so he can wake up and go to the interview.

Key and his mother were a nervous wreck. Key was next to get an interview. Key was hyperventilating and his mother looked as if she was having a mini heart attack. Then a man came out and yelled "Kim Kibum". Key was very pale as his mom whispered "You will do great"

key walked in and sat in the chairs and looked at the bearded man in front of him. "Hello Kibum."

"Hello, it is so nice to meet you"

"You too. So Kibum I am going to ask some questions."

"Of coarse"

"You are 15, right?"

"Yes."

"Why do you want to go to this school?"

"I have wanted to go here ever since I was a freaking toddler. Going here is my dream!"

"I see. What do you think you want to be when you are older?"

"A fashion designer" The man chuckled and said "You know I was just talking to a boy who wanted to be a makeup artist. Maybe you two will become friends."

Key looked in his lap and played with his fingers. He felt as if he had been insulted in a way. "On the test you took a few months ago you scored a 89%. That is impressive but not VERY impressive. If you are going to succeed here, you will need to work harder than you ever have before. And most of the kids here are most likely going to be smarter than you. Can you handle that Kibum?"

Key looked up and said "I can handle it." The man laughs and says "Well then take this" He hands him a paper and when Kibum opens it, he erupts in tears. The man says "Here we go again, Kibum are you aright?"

He nods and runs out the door and finds his mother. He collapses in his mothers arms, tears running down his as he hands the paper to his mother. His mother assumes by his actions he did not get in. She held him close and looks at the paper and reads 'Congratulations'. "Wait a minute. You got in!"

Key nods and his mother starts to tear up too. It was another moment of bliss. Key felt like the happiest person on earth.