Jonghyun is leaving

Life at the Balg-Eun Nun School

"Jonghyun, I realize going to this new school will mean sharing a room with a boy. If I-" his father starts.

"Nothing is going to happen. I will not do anything, I promise."

"Good. If I hear otherwise I will not hesitate to pull you out of that school. Understood?"

"Yes sir."

"Now, are you packed?"

"I just need to grab a few last minute things."

"Do that now then so we can get going soon."

"Yes sir." Jonghyun got up without finishing his breakfast. He did not want to make his father wait. He ran upstairs to his room and finished packing. The last thing he stuffs into the side pocket of his backpack is a note written by his old boyfriend. They had dated for 3 years up until almost two months ago. Two months ago, his boyfriend, Jun Joon got into a car accident and him and his mother both died. Jonghyun loved Jun Joon. He had the best smile, and his eyes were very dark so he wore bright contacts a lot. He was the prettiest, most adorable person Jonghyun could have ever dreamed up. His death took a real toll on him. He remembers on nights his dad was especially drunk, and had beaten him extra hard, he would call Jun Joon. He would come over and sneak in through Jong's bedroom window. He was the one who taught Jong everything he knew about makeup. His boyfriend was such a diva and never left the house without at least some concealer and some eyeliner. After climbing in Jong's window he would cover his wounds and then continue to put more on for fun. Jong did not care about the makeup at the time, he just cared that this beautiful creature was less than 10 inches from his face. He loved him so much. He did not and still does not know how to cope with losing the one person in his life he could count on. With his drunken, child abusing, piece of garbage dad and a cowardly mother, he needed someone to keep him stable. Now he had noone. He doesn't even have friends to talk to because everyone is afraid of him. He took out the note his boyfriend had written the night he died. He read it and shed a single tear. He wiped it away and went downstairs.

The note read: 'You shine(e)(sorry I had to) brighter than any star could.' A very child-like drawing was under the words. The two boys were holding hands under a big moon and lots of stars. Jonghyun only wished he could have him back. But he had no time to think about this now. He was leaving his home and family and he could not be happier. He hated his father, with every fiber of his being and his mother was not much higher up. He hated them. They knew it and he did not try to hide it. When Jong had made his way down to the kitchen his parents were waiting by the door. 

"Ready?" His father asked.

"Yes sir." His mother just looked away from her son's gaze. For months now his mother would not talk to him or touch him or even look at him. Her guilt ate her alive. For all those years, she sat there and watched her son be his father's punching bag. And she hated herself for it. 

"Let's go then." His father said. They got in the car and were off. Jonghyun did not take much stuff with him. He did not have much to take. He never got things like gifts or just little toys or anything growing up. Mostly because his family did not make much money. His mother did not have a job and his father had a decent job, but all the extra money he had went to buy him booze. He remembers kids coming back to school after hoidays with gifts, he never got any. He managed to fit all his stuff in a backpack. All he had was a couple outfits, a toothbrush and his phone. He loved his phone. It was the one thing his father ever bought him. When he gave it to Jong he said it was so he could carry it around so they did not look poor. He loved it none the less.

Jong had fallen asleep in the car but when the arrived his father woke him and walked him inside. His mother stayed in the car. She could not even look at him let alone say goodbye. When they got in they asked the receptionist man if they were in the right place. "Name please." He said.

"Kim Jonghyun." Jong said.

"Ah yes you are in room 216 with a boy named Kim Kibum. You can go up whenever you are ready." He handed Jong his room key. 

"You can go up youself, son. I will get back to your mother."

"Ok."

"Remember what I said about boys.''

''Yes, I will. Bye sir."

"Bye." With that he was gone and Jonghyun could breathe a little easier, the sun even shined a little brighter. He knew that through out the day he was going to see families hugging and crying while they say goodbye to their children. It was going to make him sick. He thought of how unfair his life was. He gets stuck with a crap family and when he actually finds someone who loves him, he gets stolen away. Jong shook the image of Jun Joon  out of his head and went to the elevator. 'How fancy' he thought. When he got to his room, he was worried. He was not ready to meet anyone new. They would probably just think he is a freak anyway. When he opened the door, the other boy was not there yet. ''Thank god!" He whispered.