Onew's acceptance

Life at the Balg-Eun Nun School

Onew was a very smart kid but also a complete goofball. He loved to laugh! He was always laughing and laughing until everyone around him was sick of it. He had lots of friends at school but he never really thought of them that way. He thought of them as people he entertained and made laugh. He felt like he was a stand up comedian. He would stand there and make them laugh but when the show is over they leave. They did not ask to hang out or even just talk, they left. Onew was definitely a clown but during class he would talk all the way through. It was because he knew he could talk through the entire class and still understand every thing they did in class that day. Onew was completely content in his average school, but his mother knew he was so much smarter than all the other kids. So, one day she registered him to go get an interview at Balg-Eun Nun boarding school. Onew did not make a big deal about it because he figured there was no way he would get in. He made jokes on the matter saying things like "Well at least if I don't get in, I am still a strong independant woman". Onew's mother just scowled and Onew laughed at himself. Onew and his mother were very close. His dad had left when he was a baby so she was all he had. He always told his mom everything. 

The school made Onew take a test on the computer to see if he was smart enough. Once the school recieved the scores, they wanted an interview with Onew immediately! So, the very next day they got in the car for the 45 minute drive to the school. When they got there Onew was not nervous. He was never nervous. He did not understand the emotion. But his mother was a different story. She was straightening the tie she insisted he wear and said things like "You will do great, baby!" Onew did not understand, what he was suppose to "do great" at. Talking? He had been talking for almost 16 years now. A fancy looking man with a little white beard walked out with a crying girl and yelled "Lee Jinki!"

Onew walked in the room with the man and sat down. The man sat at the desk and said "Hello"

"Hello sir" he said

"Now Jinki I have a few questions to ask if that is alright"

"Fire away. Just watch out cause I know how to use a gun." He laughed. The man found him immature and impolite but continued anyway.

"So Jinki why do you want to attend this school?"

"To be quite honest with you I could give a rat's about this school. I am quite happy where I am now and only agreed to come here to please my mother."

"Jinki did they tell you your score from the test you took online?" The man asked knowing they had not.

"No." he said uninterested.

The man pulled out a paper and said "There was 250 college level questions and you got 94%! You are only seventeen! That is incredible!"

"I don't see your point"

"Jinki what do you want to do when you graduate?"

Onew thought hard. "I want to be a comedian."

"A comedian?"

"Yes"

"That is a unique job"

"I am a unique person"

"Yes, indeed. Look I will tell you I think you are impolite and immature and too smart for your own good-" Jinki laughed and said "Thanks, i appreciate it"

"But, you are smart, VERY smart and I would hate to see a mind like yours go to waste so here."

He handed him a paper and said "If you want a spot at this school, you got it" He opened the paper and it read 'Congratulations, you have been accepted!' 

"Now get out of here, you little twerp" The man said

Onew got up and walked to his mother and handed her the paper. She squealed with joy upon reading it. Onew on the other hand just sighed as he realized now that he is accepted he will not be going back to his regular school in a fews weeks but he would attend Balg-Eun Nun! He was less than excited. Suddenly a relatively handsome boy tapped his shoulder. His mother was not paying attention but then the boy handed Onew a piece of paper and said "If you ever want to go out." He ran his hands along Onew's lower back and walked away. He unfolded the little paper and it had a phone number. Suddenly, Onew felt his face get hot. He was blushing! He said "Mom, I got to go to the bathroom before we leave" She nodded still in awe. Onew ran faster than he ever had before and when he got to the bathroom he splashed water on his face. What just happened? Why had he blushed? Why did it feel so good when his fingers had touched his back? He suddenly felt like puking and so he did just that. He ran into a stall and threw up everywhere. His mom heard and yelled "Jinki, are you okay?" He threw up again before hoarsely yelling "Never better."

Onew came out about 15 minutes later. "Oh baby. Why didn't you tell me you were sick?"

"I am fine.''

"Obviously not, you don't throw up when you are fine."

"Can we just go home?"

"Yeah but take this just in case" she said handing him a plastic bag. "You aren't throwing up in my car"

He laughed but not too hard or else he would puke again.