viii-A HEIGHT TO LOVE

EunKook (Eunha x Jungkook) OneShots

This is going to be a Non-AU short update which includes some moment during SMA 2019. Remember when the microphone's taller than Eunha? You can watch it here with BTS reaction:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ce6_J1EPA

---

Jungkook's POV

It's a supposedly one of those typical boring award's night to get done with not until I heard that her group's going to be there too. Finally. We've been too busy with a lot of engagements and overseas schedule in which we rarely have a chance to talk and even see each other for the past year. I missed her so much that I don't mind getting up early to get ready and get into the suit that the stylist-noona prepared for us. 

"Seems like someone's unexpectedly too excited today, huh?" Namjoon hyung announced as he stands next to me while trying to add some finishing touches into his hair. 

"You can't blame me. Those US tours and stuff tired me out and I just wanted to have a fun night listening to some good music from our native land." I half-heartedly joked while brushing some strands of my fringe on the side. 

"And part of it is watching his cute little girlfriend perform onstage as well! I heard they just had a comeback." Taehyung hyung suddenly butted in while nudging my shoulder. 

I smiled inwardly to avoid showing my excitement about the fact that this annoying hyung just said. Well, it's part of the reason but who wouldn't want to have a good night filled with fun performances, right? I'm thrilled seeing some korean ARMYs as well but I'm most looking forward to see my bunny perform again.

"Stop smiling like an idiot there and start moving your now, kid." and with that, I'm being pushed by my hyungs towards the artists area since the event is about to start soon.

--

Korean events is not really like those events in US that we just attended in which guests do get up on their seat and hype up but I'm enjoying the show so far and I'm all surprised that there's actually a lot of groups who performed with new songs. I cheered up to some of those 97-liner dudes that I know too who performed their latest tracks. 

Including this girl group that I have been looking forward to since the show began. 

"Oh, I listened to their new title track earlier and it's good." Yoongi hyung, who's sitting across me suddenly said which obviously surprised the others in which he immediately retorted. "What? I do have the rights to listen to those kind of genre at times too. Psh." 

I chuckled all through out when Hoseok and Jimin hyung proceed to tease Yoongi hyung about it. They just stopped doing so when the group finally started the performance with their first song and she's there. Standing all alone to sing her line with heartbeat-line as a background through those giant LCDs, which surprisingly represents my heartbeat so well.. Ah, I missed her voice.

"The performance that matters the most." I heard Seokjin hyung suddenly said with his eyes focused on the screen in front of us. Well, it's not directed to me but I did not miss that tiny smirk painted in his lips. These hyungs should really let me live my life. 

*Gfriend starts performing Time For The Moon Night*

I tried to calm myself down by playing with the table napkin beside the utensils that are setup on the table. I'm not really sure on how many times I have already folded and unfolded it while taking some glimpse on the screen as the girl group's voice echoed throughout the venue. The other hyungs have been jamming to the song by themselves as well and even danced to some part of it until it transitioned to the second song which is their new title track. I've seen some articles about it and even saw some of it praising my bunny's high note. 

"Woah, Eunbi-ssi did that?" I heard Namjoon hyung asked. I smiled proudly as I continued to busy myself with the poor table napkin. We're currently surrounded by fans so as much as I would like to show everyone how proud I am, I can't. 

Not until it was announced that Gfriend won the Best Dance Performance award. I was the last one who sprung up from my seat because I was checking out the crowd's reaction and I'm glad that everyone seems to be happy because of the award given to them. I even heard some member of the girl group behind us saying that they deserve it. And yes they definitely do.

Jimin hyung who's sitting behind me tapped my back while mouthing 'They did great and they deserve it.'

I'm really happy for them and I know that my bunny is too which all shows. She's been smiling widely as they head towards the stage to receive their award. No offense to the other girls, well they are all pretty but I just can't take my eyes off that tiny lady who's patiently waiting for her turn to have her speech. And I think they got the wrong pattern of person to deliver the speech since she stood there in front of the mic stand that Sojung noona just finished using and guess what happened? Seeing the shortest in the group using the length of mic adjusted for the tallest one made the whole crowd laugh. Well, she managed to give the first lines of her speech with her head held up high not until they finally realized that the height difference will not work. 

The hyungs laughed their heart out while saying that it's too cute to handle. The crowd continued to have a good laugh too until they we're able to set the mic's stand to perfectly match her height. She was even able to add a line of their new song into her speech which once again cracked the whole crowd. Jung Eunbi, why do you have to be such a sweetheart?

--

The show finally wrapped up after a few more performances including ours. I've been trying to search her reactions through the crowd as we perform and she's there, singing along as she goofs around with some of her members. I'm the one performing but why do I feel like I'm the one anticipating for her positive reaction and which gave me a good result when she sneakily gave me a thumbs up while trying to mouth the words "I'm so proud of you!"

It's actually a good thing that we we're able to add this event into our tight schedule since I was able to see her even from the distant and I can't wait to see her personally up close soon as well.

-