vii - LOVE AND LETTER II

EunKook (Eunha x Jungkook) OneShots

EUNHA'S POV

December 24, 2018, Christmas Eve

"I'm not really sure if this will be enough to compensate all of those gifts that you have given to me the past years without me giving you anything in exchange but I hope you'll enjoy the rest of your holiday." Jeon Jungkook said as he rubs his nape which is one of his mannerisms when he gets shy and awkward while handing me a uhm... An envelope? 

Well, I'm not really sure how to react but I just uttered a short 'thanks' after he softly commanded me to open it once I'm back at home.

"I'll walk you home now. It's a bit colder today and you might catch a cold when stay longer here." 

"Hm, sure."

Ah, this is awkward. This is the first time that he gave me something during Christmas eve and I felt like my heart is about to explode anytime. 

"Eunbi?"

"O-oh.. Hm?" I blinked twice before giving a surprised look.

He tilted his head as he takes a step back since he's been walking ahead of me. 

"Why?"

"Nothing." he shook his head before taking my hand with his then stuffed it gently into the pocket of his padded jacket. 

I sniffed a little as he entwined his fingers with mine.

"We should hurry up. Your nose are getting red and your starting to look like Rudolph." he said while fixing the scarf around my neck with his free hand before taking the lead to walk home together hand in hand. It's warmer now.

Jungkook has never been too expressive with what he really wants to say but he never failed to let me feel that I'm being loved and taken cared of. We've been together for almost 4 years now but being him as the not-so-expressive-Jeon-Jungkook will always have my heart race with his simple gestures and I would like to keep it that way. To keep him with me forever. 

"We're here." he finally announced once we finally reached our front porch. That was fast tho. "I'll see you soon in class. Merry christmas and thank you for the gift." 

"Merry christmas Kookie." 

And with that, I watched his back disappear as he threads his way back. 

*******

The next day..

That was the first time that we had an awkward Christmas together. I know I'm way too clingy and noisy whenever we're together but I just got really surprise when he handed me something in exchange of the gift that I gave him. I have been giving him Christmas gifts for the past years and I would admit that I got disappointed when I didn't received anything from him in return during the first time but I just got used to it.

"It looks like a love letter but I shouldn't get my hopes up, right? He might have drawn my favorite manga character again as a gift or something but..." I paused while taking a look at the neatly folded paper on top of my desk.

"But what?!" Hwang Eunbi who is on the other line suddenly bursted. She's quite impatient so I already foreseen her reaction before I called her regarding this matter so I just placed her on speaker after dialling her number. She's a big mouth as she is so yeah... "Yah Jung Eunbi! Are you telling me what it is or you want me to barge in there to take a look what's in that freaking paper."

I rolled my eyes with her remarks but I just proceeded to inspect what's with the sheet of paper. "It's scented. Same thing with the envelope where it came from." 

"Tsk. Jeez. I never thought that the great stoned-face Jeon Jungkook will ever give you a love letter. Fine. You go and read that, I'm hanging up now." 

Beeping sounds could be heard after. 

'A love letter?' I thought before finally giving up realizing that this folded piece of paper will not unfold on it's own. 

I don't have any favorite book or stories at all time but I think this will be the best thing that I will be reading throught out the 22 years of my existence. 

--

To my one and only Jjanyangie,

So, I lost a game 2 days ago against the other 97-liner guys and guess what? I was dragged to accompany Mingyu to buy gifts for Wonwoo hyung. You know they're an official item now, right? I know that this is not something that I should be writing here but I just wanted to let you know on how I ended up writing up a letter as a gift for you. 

I know it's lame (well writing a letter was a suggestion from Mingyu so I think it is) and I don't even have any idea on what I should write in here so please excuse me if I will be blabbering about stuffs in here. And also, I know you have already seen my hand-writing several times but please bear with it.

Okay. 

So first of all, I know I have never been the kind of person who will tell you things that I would like to say  verbally but I have been so thankful that you have stayed by my side all through out these years. I have never been that expressive and I'm sorry if I am making you feel neglected at times but believe me, I consider you as the best thing that's ever been mine. 

I grew up being the youngest in the family so I'm used to having all of the things that I wanted and I might have been raised a spoiled child but I will never choose anything over you. You're the most important for me and that will never change.

I have loved you eversince the first day that I saw you munching a hamburger during lunch time as you praised it over and over again with your cheeks stuffed, saying that it's your all time favorite meal. And that was also the first time that I got envious over something. Do hamburgers really tastes that good? I wondered. That was also the first time that we have talked to each other when Mingyu suddenly asked if he can have some hotsauce but ended up spilling it on you. I am actually thinking that I should be thankful with him since if it wasn't for him and his clumsiness I will not have an excuse to talk to you. Until now, I still wondered how voluntarily suggested to accompany you during that time. And since he still needed to finish his food you both agreed but not after you finish taking the last bite of your food. And that's when I realize that I will surely be competing against a pair of buns and a patty over your attention. 

But I'm already your most favorite person now, right? I hope you do cause you're mine.

Jung Eunbi, I have never been the best boyfriend that you could ever have but I will do my best to be one. Please don't get tired of me. But if you do, don't expect that I will give up on you easily. It will never be easy to get rid of a Jeon Jungkook in which you have captured the heart from the very beginning.

But don't worry, I'll make sure to make you warm when you're cold. Will let you lean against me when you're tired. Will take care of you when you're sick. Will walk with you wherever you wanted to go. I'll keep you safe when you're scared. I'll buy you food (just not hamburgers all of the time since it's not healthy) when you're hungry. And will make sure to give you all of the love that you deserve.

I've been receiving it all from you and you being my source of happiness is enough for me to make sure to keep you with me. If only I can keep you in my pocket I already did just to make sure that you'll never slip away from me.

Ah, I'm starting to sound greedy here but as Mingyu have said, I just needed to write down all of the things that I wanted to say. I still got a lot of things to say but I know you will not stand reading a letter which is more than one page, right? I know you hate reading but I hope you have read this one till the end.

I love you, Eunbi. Thank you for keeping up with me throughout the ups and the downs. I'm looking forward to spend more christmas with you in the future. 

Ps. It's better if I get to spend it with you for the rest of our lives when everyone will no longer call you as Jung Eunbi but 'Jeon Eunbi' instead. But please don't serve hamburgers every year, okay? I love you and I want to spoil you with stuffs that you love but let's be healthy so we could spend more time together. 

 

Forever yours,

Jeon Jungkook 🐰

--

 

 

 

There you goooo. The 2nd part of the Love and Letter. I hope you'll enjoy it. I wasn't able to proof read everything since it's just a random scribble during my freetime, but still. If there's any error. Please let me know. 

And also.... I officially added a MEANIE tag in this story cause I'm thinking of adding  them as a side couple to the next stories that I will be creating. 😊

Please do leave a comment too if you have time! 

Sayonara ~ <3