Infinite 001

Colour Mixer

A/N: Kind of boring. MyungJongYeol.

SungJong remembers how he'd initially resented the sorting hat for placing him in Ravenclaw, alone instead of with his older brother SungYeol in Hufflepuff.

He'd been young and stubborn and he hadn't wanted to be by himself in a house full of strangers, but the old hat had insisted, citing his anti-social tendancies and his need to go his own way as reasons why the house of freedome and creative spirit was a perfect fit. He hadn't understood it then, but he was grateful for that wisdome now.

His brother and his boyfriend were both in Hufflepuff and, while he loved them dearly, he could honestly say he was glad to have his own time and space away from them.

When he was feeling lonesome he could go running to the burrow-like common room and there would be students everywhere, lively and affectionate and quick to include everyone and make them feel like family. On the other hand, when he was tired, feeling more introspective than light-hearted, he could go back to his own common room where the groupings were smaller and more spread out and he could find his own corner and read or just stare into space and no one would interfere with him.

It was just nice to take a breath away from MyungSoo's clinging and need for reassurrances and SungYeol's hovering and desire to 'include' him once in a while, otherwise he would become frazzled and snappish and either or both of his pet badgers would end up in tears.

He loved them and found their attentions endearing more often than not, but he couldn't help his moodiness sometimes and his own house would readily forgive him that where others may not.

Ravenclaw was a house of self-motivation and self-involvement, where you only needed to be as social as you wanted to be on any given day. Besides, SungYeol and MyungSoo were best friends and could always console each other if SungJong wasn't around. That may have sounded a bit cold-hearted or irresponsible to some of the other houses, but he knew no one in Ravenclaw would even flinch at such a mindset. Neither would his best friend HoWon from Slytherin, for that matter.

In the end, they were all where they needed to be and, wounded pride not withstanding, he was glad the old hat had ignored him that day.