Stranger in the dark

Girl meets Boy

Walking into the shop, I could safely say I was exhausted. The amount of good looking guys I've bumped into is unbelievable, why couldn't I have had that luck in England?

I strained my ears to hear if my parents were still moping around stupidly... nope, no noise. Must've gone to bed...

My phone suddenly buzzed in my pocket, "geez, who could this be at this time of night?" I could feel my anger rising. I dropped the shopping bags and unlocking my phone.

'Come to the park.'

"Excuse me...?" I took a second glance at my phone, "who the hell is this?"

I typed back 'who is this?' I could feel my heart leaping in my throat as I shakily pressed send. An instant reply came.

'Does that matter? Just come to the park opposite your shop.' Oh my goodness, they know I live in a shop?! Who could this person be?

"Ah! Are you for real?!" I grumbled. My stomach was flipping and I thought I might as well get this over with... my gut of course was telling me that it wasn't safe, however my head (because it's that ridiculously stupid!) told me that I should go and see what this person wants. 

Once again, I went outside, this time in the pitch black. The temperature now was uncomfortably cold and I could feel goosebumps layering my skin, "flipping heck! Why is it so cold all of a sudden?" I let out a shiver before scanning the area in attempt to find this park. 

I steadily walked over the road, eventually figuring out where the park was. The slight breeze was enough to make me feel unsafe as I entered this unknown place with towering trees, casting shadows in front of me. I wrapped my arms tighter around myself, thinking that maybe the pressure would calm my heart down.

Making my way down the path, I swore I could heard heavy breathing behind me. My heart quickened along with my legs. What's happening? 

"Hannah..." a low voice suddenly broke the tension. I stopped in my tracks and started processing the sound of the voice. I've heard this voice before; the slight tint of an American accent, and the light vibration it caused my stomach to experience... hang on here... I know this voice.

"Namjoon?" I asked, my back still him. 

"Aww you remember me?" His voice suddenly penetrated my ear as two hands grabbed my arms. 

"Hey!" I exclaimed and jumped out of his grasp, "seriously, it's my first day here and you're already perusing me?"

"Aha... sorry, I didn't mean to appear that way," his voice was suddenly a lot more softer; the only thing I could make out on him was his hair and his smile that was lit up by one of the street lights. I could feel the corners of my mouth pricking up.

"I called you out here, because I wanted to discuss something with you..." he paused and took a step closer to me. His scent was indescribably pleasant and I could feel my muscles relaxing slightly.

"What did you want to discuss then?"

"About school; I realised that my suggestion for one of my brothers to meet you was slightly rash," he heaved a sigh and continued, "I just want to be welcoming and make you feel part of this new culture," he looked into my eyes, "you just remind me of someone that was close to me..."