Audacity

Girl meets Boy

After freshening up and finally managing to tug my school uniform on, I walked outside and saw Taehyung and Jimin waiting for me.    

"Hi guys!" I greeted them happily, walking cheerfully towards them. Taehyung's rectangular smile greeted me back, whilst Jimin grinned sweetly before leading the way to the cafeteria

"We meet Kookie at usual table," Jimin said as we entered the noisy dining area.  

"You eat this time," Taehyung ordered, and dragged me in the queue.

"But I don't know what any of this stuff is!" I whined, scrunching my face up.

"My favourite dish, Japchae!" Taehyung beamed proudly, puffing out his chest.

I looked at him blankly, "what's that?"

"It hard to describe," Taehyung took a tray and a bowl, "take it."

I did as he said and started picking out the same food as him. Some see-through noodles, rice, some various chopped up vegetables and segments of meat. He then went to the sauces, spooning out two types. He turned to me, "soy sauce," he pointed at one of the sauces he sprinkled on his plate, "sesame oil."

I followed his actions, taking the same amount of the sauces and placed them on my full plate. I couldn't lie, it did smell extremely appetising. We both made our way to the deserts isle, and he picked out a couple of pink and brown blobs

"What are they?" I questioned, furrowing my brow.

"Mochi," Taehyung stated cutely, smiling inanely, "you try."

I was abruptly stopped from saying another word as he rammed one of the squidgy sweets in my mouth. I scowled at him before chewing at the unusually textured sweet. Despite it being shockingly new to me, I didn't find it too bad.

"Bean paste in middle," Taehyung said.

"Bean paste..." I repeated slowly, "ahh! Ew!" I groaned with my mouth full.

"Mwo?" He turned around with an expression of pure fright.

"I hate bean paste," I mumbled, unamused that he forced me to eat something I didn't like.

"Whoops..." he giggled deeply before saying, "love me really!" He stretched out his giggle slightly before moving over to the drinks. I just followed him reluctantly, hoping he wouldn't surprise me with any other form of disgusting concoction

"Barley tea very nice," he showed me the steaming pot of tea which smelled divine and relaxing.

"Mhmm, that does smell nice," I agreed whilst pouring some in a small cup, "why don't these cups have handles?" My expression turned from delighted to puzzled.

"Just different. It tradition," with that he turned around and walked off to the table where Jimin and Jungkook were sat at. I hurriedly scurried after him before the crowds started getting unbearable, sitting myself down with a sigh.

"Annyeong noona!" Jungkook greeted me with a bunny-toothed smile.

"Hello," I gave him a light smile before turning to my food, "where are the forks?"

The three boys all started laughing.

"What?!" I whined, not able to grasp what was so amusing to them

"You no use fork," Jimin said in between laughs, "use chopsticks."

My eyes darkened as I saw two metal sticks resting at the side of the tray. I'd had a bad experience with chopsticks before, and I could already predict that this time wouldn't be any better.

"Aha... ha..." I let off a nervous laugh whilst shakily picking up the chopsticks. I tried positioning them in my hand, dipping them into the clump of rice. Clenching them both together I attempted to lift the rice to my mouth, only to have the rice crumble and fall back into the bowl before it reached my mouth. I glared at the chopsticks and grumbled, feeling all three boys trying to contain their laughter

After numerous attempts, my face crumpled and I turned to the three of them, "help."

"Aish, noona. You useless," Jungkook giggled, picking up my chopsticks. They naturally shaped in his hands as he scooped some rice, noodles, vegetables and meat onto the chopsticks, "ahhh."

"Jungkook, no way are you feeding me!" I exclaimed, giving him a disgusted look.

"Noona..." he whined, pouting afterwards, "you no starve." I looked towards Jimin and Taehyung who looked as if they were about to murder Jungkook with their glares. Jungkook noticed this and stuck his tongue out to both of them. He focused his attention back to me, pressing the food against my tightly pressed lips. My nostrils flared as I realised there'd be no chance of changing his mind. I opened my mouth slowly and felt the warmth of the food fall into my mouth. Jungkook watched me intently whilst smiling. When the collaboration of the flavours merged together I turned to Taehyung.

"This is delicious!" He smiled delightedly and started eating his own bowl of Japchae

"I have teach you noona," I faced Jungkook as he spoke, raising one of my eyebrows, "how you expect eat here when you not know chopsticks!"

I sighed, realising that he was right. Rolling my eyes I nodded, "okay, you can't teach me."

With that, he pulled his chair closer; his leg touching mine making me feel extremely uncomfortable. When he took my hand, a tingling sensation spread through that area of my hand as he placed the chopsticks in them, explaining how I should hold them and pick food up.

I could feel eyes gazing at me intently the whole time. I looked up slightly to find that Taehyung held a blank but sweet expression as he stared at me his mouth familiarly ajar. I smiled lightly at him before carrying on listening to Jungkook, hoping that I'd be able to grasp the methods of using chopsticks.

 

The remaining lessons dragged, but they were enjoyable as I was with Taehyung or Jimin, who managed to make the rest of the day pass more fluently

Soon it was the end of school and I breathed a sigh of relief, slumping in my chair.

"I walk you home?" Jimin suggested, leaning over from his desk

"It's okay, I know my way now. But thanks!" I exclaimed with a beaming smile.

"Okaii, see tomorrow," he was about to leave but turned around, coming to my desk and shoving his face in front of mine, "I take you somewhere tomorrow?" He looked deeply into my eyes. I gulped, quite intimidated by his stare.

"I... err," I stuttered thinking for a moment, "can we do something at the weekend?"

"Why no tomorrow?" His eyes turned into puppy eyes and I felt my heart melting. This guy!

"I have work at the cafe every day after school, so the weekend is better," I looked up at him hopefully.

"Ah, ne, ne," he smiled at me, "I understand," he suddenly pecked my cheek before quickly sprinting out of the classroom, obviously embarrassed. At first I was shocked by his abrupt action, but I soon giggled after.

"He's way too cute..." I sighed happily and packed away my things, ready to leave the classroom.

"Noona!" I heard a voice shout behind me in the hallway. I turned around to see Jungkook bounding towards me. I couldn't help but smile as his hair flew back in some places.

"Yes?" I respond when he's panting in front of me.

"I come to cafe?" He looked up at me with pleading eyes.

"Why?" My eyebrows crashed together in confusion.

"Help with chopsticks!" He replied optimistically

I laughed, unable to hold back my awe for his suggestion. I shook my head, "I have no time, on Friday after school you can though."

"Aw! That two day away!" He groaned, stamping his feet and puffing his cheeks out. I chuckled and patted his shoulder.

"I'll go now, see you tomorrow!" With that I waved him goodbye and walked out of the school

 

Deciding to take a different route home, I walked through the park, admiring the occasional blossom tree I passed

In the distance I heard shouts, which made me avert my gaze to a basketball court where two boys were playing the game. My memories traced back to when I used to play basketball as a little girl. I really loved participating, and was the best on the team. Although I was known for my violence and intimidation, so I didn't know whether that was a good thing or not. I chuckled to myself and went to watch the intense game.

"Ya! Yoongi hyung, na-ege paeseu!" One of the boys shouted. I caught myself staring in disbelief at who I saw.

"Is that Hoseok?" I asked myself, "and he's getting the ball from..." I followed where he was looking and saw Min Yoongi, "oh..." in a way I felt disappointed at seeing the human being who nearly made me die, pass the ball to the beaming light (Hoseok).

"Ah! Eunsol-ah!" I heard Hoseok's voice cry. Just as Yoongi passed the ball, I turned to Hoseok with wide eyes, seeing what was about to happen.

"WATCH OU-," but it was too late. The basketball had collided with his head and he was instantly on the floor. I panicked, jumping from one foot to the other.

I saw Yoongi rush over to him before looking up at me and smirking. I scowled and rushed through the entrance. I knelt beside Hoseok, "are you okay?!" I asked frantically, poking his limp body. All I received was a groan with a crumpled face expression

"Geuleul sanmanhagehaeseoneun andoebnida," I heard Yoongi sneer beside me.

"What?" I turned to him.

He shook his head, "you good basketball?" I could tell that his English was poor, but I understood.

I just nodded.

"One on one," he stated before dragging Hoseok to a bench.

"What?! No way!" I gave a nervous laugh shaking my head.

"Aish, boring," Yoongi huffed, picking up the ball starting to bounce it. I have to admit, I really wanted to play after years of the sport being neglected, so I reconsidered. I chucked my bag down and took my blazer off along with my tie, ing the first few buttons on my shirt.

"Bring it on Min Yoongi," I shouted and stood in the middle of the court.

He turned around and smirked his lips seductively, "very hot." I couldn't be bothered to react to his inappropriate comment and positioned myself. He walked up to me, lifting my chin up. I saw beads of sweat rolling down his face, parts of his hair sticking to his forehead... just like Taehyung this morning. 

Yoongi leant beside my ear and whispered, "I no go easy on girl."

Despite his seductive deep voice, I felt a sense of anger building up in the pit of my stomach, boiling as if ready to be expressed

"Fine! If it's going to be like that," I spat and started tying my hair up into a high ponytail. All he did was smirk before starting. He started bouncing the ball slowly moving from side to side.

Is this guy taking the piss?

I grunted and abruptly hit the ball out of his hands, dribbling it around before leaping up to the hoop and scored. In that instant I could feel the old basketball player form inside of me, beaming brightly. I turned around to see Yoongi standing with a hand on his hip.

"This girl more work than expected," I heard him mutter. I slowly walked towards him with the ball resting on my hip.

I reached the centre and started bouncing the ball from side to side. I could see Yoongi's eyes burning as he stared at the ball. I predicted his movements, so when he lunged foreword I snatched the ball quickly and ran past him. I thought that I'd manage to score another goal, but I was abruptly brought back as Yoongi bashed the ball out of my hands. I huffed and ran after him, scooting in front of him blocking his path.

"Aish!" He hissed, trying to dodge my frantically moving hands. His face looked like it was about to give up, so he held the ball above his head and took a shot from where he was. I widened my eyes, seeing the ball travel in such a straight line, landing perfectly in the hoop. I could suddenly feel Yoongi's hands snake around my waist and his voice whisper in my ear, "no underestimate professional."

His whisper sent shivers up my neck and I slightly moaned. All I could hear was his husky chuckle, "you like huh?"

Coming back to reality I coughed, "back to the game," I wriggled out of his grip and went for the ball. As I bent down Yoongi let out a wolf whistle, causing me to blush.

"Hey! Do you mind?!" I exclaimed, shooting him with a scowl as I walked towards him. We started again, and it just carried on like it did before. I'd shoved Yoongi multiple times and I could tell that he was startled yet  impressed with some of the moves I pulled off, but he was much more experienced and managed to score more goals than me. It came to the last round, and I was dripping with sweat. I'd managed to intercept the ball from him, but he ran in front of me and tried blocking my shot. I grumbled and jumped up, throwing the ball...

Without realising, I'd jumped onto Yoongi who's face looked surprised (for once). I fell on top of him and we both landed in a heap. I groaned and looked up, meeting his dark eyes. I fell into his dark pit of abyss caused by his stare, I was completely engulfed by his eyes that I didn't notice where his hands were on me. He broke the stare by following where his hands were; the corners of his mouth twitched into a smirk, I followed his stare and gasped in horror, "MIN YOONGI!" I yelled, springing up from the floor. My heart was beating out of my chest and I could feel my cheeks burning further under the redness of my cheeks, "now I'm totally late for work," I mumbled and dragged my feet to the bench.

"You good Eunsol-ah," I heard Hoseok mumble, his eyes closed.

"Thanks Hoseok," I panted, slipping my blazer and tie in my bag.

"See tomorrow, kitten," Yoongi sneered, walking next to me. A stinging sensation was suddenly felt around my .

Did he seriously just slap my arse?!

"Hey!" I screeched. It was too late however, as he was already walking off.

This is the second time I've met him, and he already thinks he has the audacity to pull off such a manoeuvre?