with you

i call it love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her entire life, Yebin had never thought Minkyung would be the one to confess first. Perhaps in her deepest fantasies she'd imagine it—but most often it was Yebin admitting her true feelings to Minkyung in the imaginary scenarios she'd play out in her head. Perhaps she'd tell Minkyung she loved her on the girl's wedding day and they'd run away together like in a cheesy movie, or perhaps on the day they graduated she'd confess, and Minkyung would kiss her while they were still wearing their caps and gowns. But now, here, right here, Minkyung is there, tears sparkling in her eyes, fingers trembling, words stumbling with alcohol, saying she loves her. It can't be real.

"What are you saying?" Yebin finally replies. 

"I'm going to throw up. Is there a trash can in here?" Minkyung replies, holding onto her stomach.

"You can't pretend you didn't just ing say that."

The dim aura of the singular lamp next to Wonwoo's bed lights the two of them, just like the night before.

"I real am going to vomit." Minkyung murmurs, eyes flitting around the room. 

"Stop ignoring me."

"I shouldn't have had all that tequila." Minkyung crawls off the bed, towards the window, which she opens with a soft slide. 

Yebin looks at her desperately.

"I'm the one who's in love with you!" she finally blurts out, hands tightened on the covers, breath stuttering in her lungs. 

Minkyung turns. 

"What about your girlfriend?" 

"I wanted to move on, but I couldn't. I can't move on from you, Minky, god damn it! You know that! You've always been the only one." 

There's a silence. 

"I'm sorry." Minkyung blurts out. There's a cool breeze from the open window that ruffles the material of her dress. "I'm sorry. I - I always knew you loved me all this time, but I was so scared of loving you back and I just pretended that it wasn't real, and that I was happy liking boys even though I wasn't, and I don't know, I thought that maybe if I believed in it enough it might come true." 

Yebin's not normally the one to take the lead, she's always let someone else guide her through what she's supposed to do—but tonight, tonight is something else. She stands up, and walks close to Minkyung, so close that their noses almost touch, and stands slightly on her toes so that her lips angle just right with the others. Minkyung's breath smells like alchohol and the Tic-Tacs she obsessively will consume when she's nervous, a habit only Yebin knows about. Yebin swallows. 

"Is it ok if I kiss you?" she says, voice faint.

Minkyung inhales sharply. 

"Always." 

Then, Yebin closes the gap between their lips.

It's a strange sensation, ten thousand times amplified by the fact that Yebin is, for once, totally sober. Minkyung tastes bittersweet, like the burn of alcohol and the softness of sugar, and her hands are roaming to Yebin's waist, up to her neck, on her scalp. 

"You're too tall." Yebin says with a murmur.

"Let's sit." she replies breathily. They move to the bed, and Yebin's legs are straddling Minkyung's—and then they connect again, more passionate, less tentative and anxious. 

"Do you still have to vomit?" giggles Yebin.

Minkyung places a few light kisses on Yebin's cheeks.

"Nah."

 She smiles, and her eyes turn upwards just slightly, the way they only do when she's filled with happiness, and Yebin feels special—like there's a secret Minkyung has that she gets to know. Her stomach feels like it's crawling with warmth,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter