sweet love

i call it love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn't the elegant curvature of her nose, the soft points of her lips or the way she smiled that Yebin was in love with. Well, it sort of was. But it wasn't all of it, no. It was the loving sighs and the way that she would so subtly try to make sure Yebin was ok, it was her laugh and the warmth in Yebin's stomach when Minkyung let her rest her head on her lap. In retrospect, it was the entirety of Kim Minkyung Yebin loved. Not one puzzle piece, but the whole picture. 

"Everything alright?"

Yebin's eyes jolt open. 

"Oh, um, yeah yeah. I just... this work is just confusing is all." 

"You were lost in your thoughts again, weren't you. It's cute when you do that. But I don't want you to fail this test."

Yebin buries her face in the sleeves of her sweater to hide the fact that her cheeks are reddening.

"Cute?" 

"Mhm." Minkyung reaches over a hand and ruffles Yebin's hair. "Hey, I have a question."

"Yeah?"

"What do you think about Joshua?"

"Joshua Hong?" 

Joshua Hong was a skinny kid who played guitar out on the campus grounds and was president of CSU (Christian Students Union). All the girls loved him because he had earrings and he was irrefutably a Nice Guy, the kind they swooned over because he had, you know, emotional depth and sensitivity. Yebin and Eunwoo had a working theory that he was actually gay, but she wasn't about to tell Minkyung that. 

"Not much." Yebin says finally. "Why?"

"Chungha thinks he likes me." 

Yebin pretends there isn't that small feeling of jealousy rising in her stomach. 

"Likes you?"

"He keeps snapchatting me. And he DMed me like ten times on Instagram and then today he asked for my number during Social Psychology." 

"Oh." Yebin takes out her phone from her pocket and looks at the screensaver of her and Minkyung standing in front of the Eiffel Tower from their trip to Paris last summer. Minkyung is kissing Yebin's cheek, something she played off as a "BFFS!" thing. Yebin however, isn't going to forget, that a night later, a little too drunk on wine, Minkyung had sloppily kissed her under the dimmed lights of the apartment they were renting. That, at least, gives Yebin hope.

"Maybe it's time I settle down." Minkyung says. "Go on a date with him or something. My mom keeps calling me asking if I have a boyfriend yet and I bet she'd love him." 

"I snapchat you every day, maybe you should date me." Yebin says, jokingly, but if Minkyung had sensed the tinge of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter