epilogue

i call it love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun rolls over Minkyung's face, and Yebin watches—she's woken up before Minkyung has, and as the warm glow of morning lights the girl she loves—it's hard for her not to smile. 

Minkyung rustles in her sleep, and slowly opens her eyes. It's a strange feeling sharing a bed with her, even though they've done it before, at sleepovers and family trips, but now, in the context Yebin finds herself currently, it's out of place. 

"Hey." Minkyung murmurs. "Thanks for letting me stay over after last night." 

"Anytime." Yebin responds gently. She supposes she has classes to go to, places to be, but right now—she doesn't want to be anywhere else.

 

"So... Do I order for you or do you order for yourself? I'm not very good at this whole date thing."

Eunwoo and Jieqiong are sitting, faces illuminated by warm candlelight, at a small table in a fancy resturaunt. 

"I'll order for myself." Jieqiong smiles.

Eunwoo had insisted they go somewhere nice for their first date—somewhere not Taeyeon's homely bar or just a coffeeshop—because she wanted it to feel special.

Now, she watches Jieqiong in the glow of the flickering flame below, her exaggerated expressions and all, and feels happy.

"I have a question." Eunwoo says.

"Mhm?"

"Did you ever really like Nayoung?"

Jieqiong looks up from her menu. 

"No. I tried to pretend so hard that maybe I'd believe it, but, it didn't work." She reaches a hand across the table. "You're the only one for me."

Eunwoo gives her a smile, stomach filled with butterflies—but not the bad kind, the kind you feel when you know you're with someone special.

"I love you." She pauses then, to look into her friend's—her girlfriend's—eyes. "And I'll love you tomorrow. And the next day. And the day after that. Forever."

Jieqiong looks down, the way she does to hide embarrassment.

"You're so corny." she mumbles, yet she can't help but feel impossibly happy. 

 

"Yeah Dad. It's going ok. I'm taking English Literature like I promised."

Minkyung is lying on Yebin's chest, phone to her ear as her girlfriend plays with her hair, faint casual touches that had always happened as friends—but now they carry a new meaning with new context. 

"Mhm." Minkyung looks back at Yebin. "No, I'm not still single." She lets out a nervous la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter