confession

i call it love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bar is packed. 

"This is a lot more people than our last show." Yebin whispers, peeking out from backstage.  

"Maybe more people want to see you punch Joshua." Eunwoo says with a snicker. 

"You're so rude." 

Taeyeon walked in, placing a couple of waterbottles on the table. "You guys are on in five. Looks like everything is all set up." 

Minkyung's here again—and she's brought Joshua. How the guy has the confidence to return to the same place he got decked a month ago—Yebin isn't sure. Seulgi's sitting in the front row with her friends, who are all super hot and intimidating. Yebin is pretty sure her hands were clammy as hell when they met, and she can't stop overthinking it. She also can see Wonwoo, who had only been to one of their shows, sitting in the back, on his phone. 

Taeyeon walks onstage, and adjusts the mic to match her height. 

"Welcome everyone! I'm so glad to have you all tonight. Our live performance tonight is from a local favorite, The Apartment Breakers!" She gestures back towards the band, and Eunwoo pushes open the curtain, walking out with her guitar over her shoulder. Sungyeon follows her, resulting in a scream from Yewon in the audience.

As Yebin sits down at the drumset, Eunwoo yells.

"We are the Apartment Breakers! 1, 2, 3, 4!"

 

Yebin loves being onstage. She remembers back when she was a band kid—performing at halftime during football games. She's always loved it, the cheer of the crowd, the heat in her stomach, the thrill and sparks on the ends of her nerves. 

But the best part has always been Minkyung—Minkyung, who came to all the football games just to see her, Minkyung who was at the first Apartment Breakers show, Minkyung who was at all of Yebin's piano recitals and orchestra performances. She was her permanent audience. 

Tonight feels special, somehow, more real and on edge. It's about the sixth song of the night, when Yebin's hands are gripped so tight her knuckles have gone white, and after Eunwoo has a somewhat successful attempt at crowd surfing, that something special happens. 

Eunwoo has gotten a little too hyped, head trashing and everything. There's possibly no one who can love performing as much as her—perhaps that's why she dropped the classical guitar stint.

During their punk-rock cover of Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl", (arranged by Siyeon, who's watching proudly), Eunwoo runs over to Jieqiong just as Sungyeon hits her high note, grabs her face with both her hands, and kisses her.

The entire crowd starts screaming, and Yebin almost drops her drumsticks in surprise. As Eunwoo pulls away, Jieqiong struggles to keep up with the notes on her guitar, still in shock. Lipstick smudged, and cheeks slightly red, Eunwoo keeps on singing like nothing's happened. 

Yebin can spot the face of Jeonghan in the audience, sitting next to Wonwoo. She swallows. She still hasn't told anyone what she saw—she's bitter against Joshua sure, but she's not going to be a and out him. She knows the fear of hiding her own uality. 

 

When the show ends, Eunwoo runs up and yells "Afterparty at Wonwoo's house!", resulting in a glare from the man himself, as he had told her to keep it "on the down low". 

When Yebin steps off the stage, Seulgi grabs her in a hug. 

"Babe, you did so great!" she says, and grabs Yebin's face with both her hands, and pulls her in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter