in the air

i call it love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yebin stares at her reflection in the mirror, a little uncomfortably. 

"Why do I feel so nervous?" she says, biting her lip.

"I think you can pull off black lipstick just fine." Eunwoo replies.

"That's not what I'm nervous about, ." Yebin groans. "The ing show. The one in front of all our friends? Our songs , our supposed leader can't even sing at the moment, and the fact Taeyeon let us use her bar probably means she's expecting us to do great. Why did I invite so many people?"

"Hold still." Eunwoo says to Sungyeon, who is currently sitting on the couch, letting Eunwoo attempt dramatic eye makeup on her to make her look more like a "gay badass". "Yebin, just chill out. You're nervous because Minky will be there."

"Stop calling her that. And am not."

Eunwoo swiped blue eyeliner above Sungyeon's eyelashes. 

"You always get like this. And it always turns out fine. Remember that one time she flashed you? That was pretty dope."

"F-flashed?" chokes Sungyeon.

"Oh, I forgot there's a baby child here."

Jieqiong, who's sitting on the floor, already dressed, looks up from her phone. "Are your parents coming or something?" she asks the young girl on the couch.

"No, they're on a trip. My friend Yewon is coming." she says, and her face lights up slightly. 

Jieqiong sits up straight and gasps. 

"Is she as cute as you are?" 

"Um... I have a couple pictures of her on my phone... Actually, a whole folder."

"Oh no." Eunwoo says, quirking one eyebrow. "Yebin has a whole folder of Minky pics. This can only mean one thing."

"What do you mean?" Sungyeon says with innocent eyes. 

"You're in love!" Jieqiong exclaims. "Oh my god, this is so cute. We have to make you look extra cute for tonight!"

"I do not like her!" Sungyeon says, pouting.

"But do you love her?" Eunwoo retorts.

"No! I mean as a friend, a really close friend but-"

"We're gonna set you two up. It's a magical moment." 

"How come you're so enthusiastic about this but you couldn't care less about me and Minkyung?" mumbles Yebin as she applies mascara. 

"You and Minkyung have been looking like a lost hope lately." Jieqiong says.

"They did kiss." Eunwoo proposes as she begins brushing Sungyeon's hair.

"You and your crush kissed? Doesn't that mean you both like each other a lot?" Sungyeon asks, obviously perplexed.

"Being an adult is complicated." Yebin says to Sungyeon's reflection in the mirror. "Alcohol makes you do weird things."

"Anyway," Jieqiong remarks, leaning over the arm of the couch, "Tell me about this Yewon girl." 

 

"Ok, you guys are free to go set up now, if you like." Taeyeon gestures to the small stage, twirling her ring of keys around her finger.

"Thanks so much for letting us use your bar, Tae." Eunwoo says.

"Anything for my favorite freshman!" 

"I'm a junior now." she pouts. "May I remind you, you graduated two years ago." 

"Ehh... Time means nothing." Taeyeon says, throwing a rag over her shoulder. "I'm gonna go clean up." 

The bar door creaks open, and... Yebin's eyes widen. 

"Minkyung!" she says. "You're... here early."

"Of course I am! I'm your biggest groupie, remember?"

Suddenly the door makes another jingling noise, signaling someone else is walking in. 

"Oh... Oh no." Jieqiong whispers.

It's Joshua.

"Are you ing serious." Yebin hisses just under her breath.

"Sorry Yeb." Minkyung says, walking up to the stage. "I brought a date tonight. Might not be any bras off." 

Joshua gives a nervous laugh. 

"Minky," Yebin stutters, "Why didn't you tell me?" 

"It just sort of happened an hour ago! Turned out we both were going, and he has a car, so he drove me here!" 

"I could've given you a ride in my minivan." Jieqiong inserts as she unpacks her guitar from its case. 

"Not the time to promote your ugly car, Kyul." Eunwoo says. 

"Well, um," Yebin finds herself lost for words, "Just find a seat or something. We're not starting for another hour." 

She turns to her bandmates. "Eunwoo, Jieqiong, care for a sidebar?" 

"What about me?" Sungyeon asks.

"Why don't you... Taeyeon, could you make her a Shirley Temple and show her photos of your cat?"

"Ooh! You have a cat!" Sungyeon says with excitement, scuttling off the stage. Yebin ushers Eunwoo and Jieqiong to the bat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter