Knock 8

Knocking On Your Heart

Knock 8

Jaebum sighed, feeling annoyed when he realized Jackson still isn’t home because the last he asked his secretary to check the other should already be back from his work trip a week ago.

While trying his luck for the fifth time, the author that he didn’t fancy much appears from the lift looking at him in amusement while he tried to act normal.

“You…” Jaebum started coldly but awkwardly, looking at the author whose just standing there and observing his every movement.

“Yes, do you have any business with me?” Mark asked calmly, obviously knowing that he wasn’t Jackson’s ex most favourite person to see at the moment.

“I’m here to see Jackson, why are you here?” Jaebum stated his intention clearly, confident on his face before he turn to focus ringing again.

“Well, that’s my apartment that you been ringing therefore shouldn’t I be here to answer it?” Mark answered casually, fishing out his key before making his way to open the door while the young master Im stares in confusion.

“Wait! You guys stays together? That’s impossible, I know that he’s staying on his own.” Jaebum muttered out in his confusion, looking at the author in full disapproval.

“He does, in the apartment opposite mine.” Mark answered, trying his best to ignore that smug look resurfacing after knowing the truth that he is definitely correct, Jackson stays by himself.

“You know if you really wanna fix things between you and him, maybe start with knowing where he stays. It’s a tip from me.” Mark simply said, not meaning anything before trying to enter his apartment but Jaebum ain’t not the type to take advice, he knows what he’s doing.

“You know he is not yours, you don’t know him like I do so stop pretending like you do and return him back to me. He’s way better off with me than being stuck with you.” Jaebum snapped, clearly not liking hearing that tip from ‘a nobody’.

“Jackson, he is not a ‘thing’. He is not something that I can just easily return, you want him back than work for it. I don’t own him and neither do you.” Mark snapped back loud and clearly, he wasn’t in the mood to tolerate the amount of stupidity at the moment.

“You are shameless, aren’t you? You clearly don’t belong here, in our story so don’t try to act like you know us, him or me. We love each other way before you existed so having you here now, it won’t change anything about us because he still love me, not you.” Jaebum hissed hashly, smirking at the tint of hurt on the author’s face upon his words before walking away, he hopes that’s enough to keep that pest away.

Mark tried to smile, it to hear that from a jerk because he knows that things aren’t permanent and they aren’t even anything to each other,  he just didn’t expect that he had to let go this soon but maybe it’s time for Jackson to return to his rightful partner and fix his heart with the person that loves him.

Afterall, if both of them can’t find true love than at least Jackson should because a person like him deserves it all while him, it’s enough to be happy for the person he loves and cares about.

-------------------------------------------

Jackson stares at the author who seems lost in his own thoughts, hand still busy cutting potatoes that’s gonna be used in the curry that he had personally requested for dinner today.

He wasn’t sure why the other seems really out for it but he hoped it didn’t have anything to do with his last minute request because he really is craving for some curry right now after a long brutal day at work.

“Ouch..” Mark hissed, pulling Jackson out of his deep thoughts while the author could only curse under his breath for his carelessness, running towards the sink to wash his cut.

The younger quickly followed suit with first aid kit grabbed from the bathroom cabinet, dragging the older towards the chair before treating his semi deep finger cut.

Mark didn’t say a thing, he just watches the attentive other carefully treating his cut wholeheartedly while telling himself mentally that what happened earlier needs to be told and talk about, he just can’t keep it to himself any longer.

“Yien, are you alright? You seems so out of it, it’s worrying me.” Jackson asked when he notice the author just staring at him in silence, making him feel lost at the unusual behaviour.

Mark tried to say something but nothing came out, it was so heavy that he decided to just shook his head and return back to the curry. He decided that maybe later, he will try again.

The whole dinner flew by in a blink with only silence surrounding them but it wasn’t the type Jackson’s enjoys, especially seeing how Mark aren’t even acting like usual which really takes away his enjoyment for that delicious curry.

“You know, this is really worrying? What’s really going on?” Jackson sighed, straight on staring at the older after putting their dirty dishes aside when Mark tried to get up to wash the dishes.

“He drop by earlier, looking for you here.” Mark started, taking a deep breath as he plopped down to just get this conversation through while Jackson’s expression changed almost immediately.

“Did he hurt your feeling or something?” it’s the first thing Jackson asked when he link those info with Mark’s current state, knowing that Im Jaebum has the tendency to that to people on daily basis.

“Well, he..” The older started but immediately shook his head, cutting of his next set of words making Jackson more suspicious.

“He just thought you stay with me & I told him that you don’t, you stays opposite and not long he just left.” Mark briefly summarize after seeing the unconvinced look on the younger, putting on a small smile at the end to make it casual.

He knows that if he had told Jackson everything that when down, it will just make him more angry towards Jaebum.

Jaebum isn’t exactly the nicest person he knows but he understand that the said man was just desperate to have Jackson back because he had the same desperate look Jinyoung had towards him but the only difference is Jaebum is ready to change while Jinyoung is already with someone else.

“Why don’t you give him a chance?” Mark voiced out after seeing how the other beside him was just quiet, clearly in thoughts.

“Are you serious? What about us? We still haven't talk about what happened.” Jackson exclaimed in shocked, he wasn’t getting what’s going on in Mark’s mind.

“If it’s about us, don't worry. Just treat it that nothing happened. You don’t need to feel guilty or ‘responsible’ towards me.” Mark assured sincerely, not expecting that his words might come out harshly to the dumbfounded younger.

“You are kidding me right? Why are you sending me back to him?” Jackson uttered out, trying to sound calm while trying to control the anger boiling in him.

“He loves you, Ka Yee. You deserve to be happy. “ The author reasoned, trying to make his intention clear but it's way too late because Jackson was already wounded.

“So you don't love me? What we share doesn't mean a thing to you, not even friendship? “ Jackson asked with so much emotions, it hurts the author to see him that way.

“Ka Yee, don't say that. I.... " Mark tried to say something but words just got stuck, he don't know how to explain his own emotions into words.

" No, I understand. It's just right to return to someone that loves me therefore I will listen to you, Yi en and goes back to him. Goodnight." Jackson muttered once he gets the message before saying goodbye, exiting the familiar apartment that's almost like home to him.

The author could only smile bitterly through his tears that slowly falls, he doesn't want his precious to be stuck with him, someone who can't even get rid of his past and be happy with one that truly love him.

He was always scared that he loses his friendship with Jackson and today he finally lose him.

-------------------------------------------

"Wow, aren't you looking fabulous today" Youngjae mocked seeing how the older dressed in full black again just like how he has been for the past two months.

“Zip it, we already late. Hurry up or the big giant will nag until next month.” Mark exclaimed, urging the reporter to hurry or they will be late for Yugyeom's graduation.

“Oh man, I rather watch you wear this for years than deal with him nagging. “ Youngjae shuddered at the thought, starting his engine causing Mark to chuckled before they were on the road.

Luckily they arrived on time and everything when by smoothly until they reached at the giant's favourite pizza place where his celebration dinner gonna take place.

“Jackson hyung, you made it.”  Yugyeom cheered excitedly before slowing down after seeing the awkwardness on Mark's face.

It was super awkward for the author because this is actually the first time he seen the younger since that night which was two months ago.

“Thank you for coming, hyung eventhough I invited you at so last minute.”  The reporter thanked, feeling grateful towards the busy man who actually makes time for them.

“No problem, I wouldn't miss Yug's graduation celebration for anything. " Jackson smiled before the dinner continues on with constant chats among the three while Mark just stay quiet and stuffed his face with more pizza, he didn't had much to share anyway while totally missing the stolen looks from the younger.

When it's finally time to go home, Mark decided to just let the duo go home by the reporter's car while he opt for public, it's fine cause he got the time to waste. 

That's how he got left behind with the younger at the pavement after saying goodbye to the duo. 

Staring at each other for a minute, Mark decided maybe it's good idea to quickly say goodnight before heading for the subway. 

Jackson tried to stop the older but his intention was halt when a car honks, revealing Jaebum who had come to pick him up since he didn't drive himself here. 

The author knows it was his signal to leave upon seeing that face, he took another good look at the younger before walking away, he knows at least Jackson is happy now. 

It hurts, who was he lying too but there's just to much going on with him that he rather the younger is with someone that can love him, rather than the broken him. 

“Why is he here?” Jaebum questioned the moment the younger Wang alight his car. 

“His best friend's graduation, where else would he be?” Jackson sighed, wasn't in the mood to deal with another jealous spot check. 

“You should probably stop hanging out with them, you aren't even close right?”  Jaebum exclaimed, ignoring the slightly annoyed younger besides him as he started driving away. 

“Are you seriously gonna start asking me to throw away my friends now? You know our circle are mostly the same therefore it's given that I bump into him. Don't just because of your own jealousy, you wanna take my friends away.” Jackson snubbed back, clearly he had enough of Jaebum's insecurity towards Mark. 

Hearing those words, Jaebum just stay quiet because he knows that a cranky Jackson isn't easy to deal with it from the time they so called patched up according to him. 

Honestly, the couple knows that either of them was happy but one is too much in denial to accept while the other gave up understanding love. 

Things hasn't been the same even if they are together because it almost felt like Jaebum was just locking Jackson by his side so that he won't lose him again and the other was just too fed up with love to even question whether this is love or an obsession. 
It almost felt like everything they have right now was just patched over with plaster, waiting for it to unpeel by itself. 

Jackson wasn't feeling anything, all he knows that love only give him pain therefore he stayed with the person that loves him not the other way around because that way he won't hurt as much. 

“I'm heading to work again so I'm dropping you here. “ Jaebum announced, pulling in front of Jackson's apartments complex causing the other to just sighed.

What's new, it's always work first anyway.

Jackson waved goodbye before slowly making his way up, left alone to fall asleep with his thoughts full of a certain someone that lullaby him to sleep.


Hello everyone, it's been ages since my last update almost a year ago. I'm sorry for the super duper long wait, things just been hectic busy for me but hopefully I get to finish this story by this year. This chapter is a bit rusty but still hope you guys enjoys it. Don't forget to comment below and share your thoughts. See you Influffies soon, promise :)

To my muslim readers, happy ramadan. We can do it, hwaiting !

InfinitelyCassie ~