Knock 5

Knocking On Your Heart

KNOCK 5

Many thoughts run through Jackson’s mind because no matter how long he stares at the zone out neighbour of his, he just can’t find an explanation as to why the other ended up at this resort when Mark clearly rejected his offer before.

“Mark… do you wanna change first?” Jackson asked again, tapping on his shoulder in attempt to earn the other’s attention which he finally succeeded because the author finally turn his way, looking rather lost.

“Sorry, what did you ask again? I didn’t caught it.” Mark quickly apologize when he realize he missed the other’s question, his mind just isn’t there at the moment.

“Don’t you wanna change and get ready for bedtime?” The young president questioned, rephrasing his words which earned him a slow nod from Mark who immediately took off his hoodie, forgetting what he was hiding.

Jackson who finally saw a movement from the quiet other since entering his suite felt relief but it disappear almost immediately when his eyes landed on those marks.

“Those marks, what happened?” Jackson gasped, getting closer to Mark to check those red marks and his thorn shirt which caused Mark to quickly hide the damage back under his hoodie on reflect.

“Nothing..” Mark answered but Jackson clearly wasn’t buy it as he immediately stop his neighbour’s movement before looking at the other straight in the eyes.

“Mark, please. Share with me, don’t bottle up in here.” Jackson whispered softly, pointing at the chest area of the distressed author.

He wasn’t sure, he wasn't ready because he never really shared with anyone even if it’s Yugyeom or Youngjae, he only told what’s obvious to their eyes but nothing more, he didn’t want to burden them with his problem when he supposed be the older brother figure to them.

“If you treat me as a friend, please share. I might not be able to help but at least you know, I got your back.” Jackson convinced, worries is clear on his face and Mark felt bad, he feels like maybe sharing isn’t a bad idea this time.

He told his neighbour everything, from the start to what when on in the room just now, it was difficult and heavy to said everything out but Mark did it and by the end of it, Jackson was beyond furious.

If he thinks that Im Jaebum was an idiot than this Jinyoung is just a pure jerk because if he was Mark, things would have long gone be over between them.

He was ready to beat the living daylight out of this jerkface Jinyoung, his tone turn scary as he asked for the suite number from the author who debated in his head on whether to give the number.

“It’s no use because a guy like him won’t see his own fault and the fact that he have her now. He won’t even think twice about me, I’m just someone to fill up his needs.” Mark reasoned out, holding on to the riled up president in attempt to stop him and calm him down.

“I seriously hate you for stopping me but I respect your decision. If he ever try to hurt you again, than you can’t stop me the next time.” Jackson sighed, pulling the other into his warm embrace which immediately caused Mark to broke down, those tears finally flows freely.

The author didn’t like appearing weak, he didn’t like the fact being taken as fragile since young so he toughen up and it up in no matter what situation but when it comes to Jackson, he feel like he could cry like a baby but it won’t changes how the president sees him as a person.

Jackson Wang is someone who makes him feel safe and secured and in no matter what situation, he isn’t one to judge.

No words were really exchange after that because Mark had fallen asleep in Jackson’s arms causing the president to smile softly before carrying the author bridal style to bed and tuck him in, knowing that after all that the older must be both, emotionally and physically drained.

He took one last worried look at the sleeping figure before excusing himself to the coffee table where his working space was set up, he still has lots of documents to settled.

Jackson wasn’t sure he could concentrate after all that but it’s better than thinking about something that he can’t control, it’s not like as if he even knows that Park Jinyoung.

Hours passed on as he typed along on his laptop until he fall asleep on the couch without realizing it, it wasn’t until Mark jolted up screaming that he runs towards the shaking figure.

“Mark...are you alright?” Jackson asked, panicking inside as he pulled the older into his arms, rubbing soothing circles on his back in attempt to calm him down.

The author slowly nodded, it was one of his nightmares again and it was one of his worst yet making him feel bad for his neighbour.

He holds on to the other until Mark finally stops shaking before excusing himself to grab some water, clearly more worried about the author than before.

“Thanks and I’m sorry, I have been such a hassle for you.” Mark apologized, feeling really bad while Jackson just shrugged it off, smiling softly at the other.

“Don’t say that, aren’t we friends? It’s the most I can do for you.” Jackson assured, seating himself comfortably beside the quiet author.

“You did so much for me, I don’t know how to repay you.” Mark said, feeling like he had troubled Jackson enough while the young president just smiled at the silliness.

“Hey, I don’t need much, only cheese so make sure you top up my cheese supply.” Jackson commented playfully causing the author to chuckled but nevertheless nodded to the request.

“So...you wanna share what happened ?” The president asked when he saw the author goes quiet , seemingly busy in his own thoughts.

“When….I was fourteen, my family got into a car accident . My parents didn’t survive which makes me and my older sister the only survivors. Since that incident, it’s common for me to have these nightmares and somehow it become worse when I’m in a bad state. I guess I never really get over it , their death still scar me and here I thought that by moving away from home, it helps but clearly it didn’t. I just became more worse.” Mark chuckled lightly, trying to lighten the atmosphere after seeing Jackson shocked expression.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know. It must be painful to go through it every time.” Jackson said, holding on to Mark’s hand while the older smiled bitterly, he was surprised that he told the young president this much when he can’t even share this part of him with Jinyoung.

“I’m just really glad I found you, thank you for being my friend and companion.” Mark exclaimed, leaning his head on Jackson’s shoulder while their fingers still tangled, it was quiet but nice to just be there for each other.

That night they fall asleep beside each other, hand still tangled while sharing the warmness that both has long missed from their loved ones, feeling in the emptiness that they felt.

___________________________

With the sunlight shining through the glass window, Mark was awaken by the warmness hitting his face. He slowly open his eyes, soaking in the fact that he is in Jackson’s suite, no longer in Park Jinyoung’s.

The thoughts of last night, the time he spends with his neighbour makes him smile because it feels really good to have someone by his side during those kind of night where he usually cried to sleep himself.

Thinking about the other, he was quick to realize that the younger is nowhere to be seen in the suite but instead he was greeted by a carton of milk with a post it stuck on it, seating cutely on the bed night stand to his right.

[   Good morning!

  I’m out for meetings

  until around lunch.

  See you then, take care

 & don’t miss me too much.

  ;p Ka Yee        ]

Easily a smile makes it way on the author’s face as he reads it, picking up the carton and sipping on the lovely milk upon opening it. Taking his time like as if savoring something so special because it might be something so simple but to the author, it was enough to make him happy.

He headed straight to the shower after the lovely drink before settling on having breakfast by calling room service, he wasn’t in the mood to join the morning crowds in the dining hall. It was quiet but peaceful as he savors the delicious omelet and bagels at the balcony while watching the waves crashes, enjoying the sea view that’s the suite is facing.

In that moment of silenceness, many different thoughts run through his mind but he decided to just give it a rest since it’s really just a waste of energy to think of a situation that he can’t change nor be apart of , it’s better to just think about himself at the moment.

Once he was done with breakfast, he decided to use the time to snaps quick pictures of the views using his phone while jotting down some ideas for his next book on the same device, it really keeps his good mood going.

While having so much fun with the two things he really enjoys, hours passed by and he was on the roll but things took a pause when he spotted a familiar face by the beach, struggling to find something in her beach bag and it got worse when the bag dropped and the contents spilled out on the sand.

The author wasn’t sure if it was the greatest idea but seeing the state she was in, Mark didn’t think twice to just run out and headed straight to the beach where she’s, his so called ex-boyfriend ‘s fiance is.

When he finally got nearer, he could clearly see that she was having difficulty breathing causing him to instantly search through the pile on the sand, looking for an inhaler.

Luckily it didn’t take him long before he passed it to the poor girl beside him whose clearly suffering but with a few pumps, she was saved and Mark was relieved.

“Thank you, Oppa.” Yerim thanked after her breathing even out as she watches the said man help her shake the sand off and puts the content back into her bag, feeling grateful and lucky at the same time.

“Are you alright now? Do you need anything else?” Mark asked, smiling while trying to hide the awkwardness when he finally out of things to do to distract him off the female who's looking at him with those shining eyes, full of admiration.

“I’m feeling better, don’t worry I’m just don’t match well with the beach and sorry for making you rushed like that.” Yerim apologized, making Mark shook his head while still keeping quiet which cause Yerim to just stare at that face.

“You are here for work too, like Jinyoung oppa?” Yerim asked, wondering to why does she feels there is something more about the said person in front of her, like as if there is a story that she didn’t know of.

Mark quickly shook his head out of reflects, unknowingly feel scared that she’s gonna find out that he came here with the person mentioned even though it’s clearly Jinyoung’s guilt tripping that got him here.

“No, I’m just here for a somewhat holiday.” Mark answered, unsure exactly but it seems to feed Yerim’s curiosity just fine because she nodded before finally turning her eyes to the waves.

“Isn’t this place nice? I was thinking about holding the wedding here.” Yerim commented, making Mark even more awkward but he nodded out of courtesy.

“You are coming to our wedding, right Oppa? I will be really happy if you do.” The female said, looking at Mark with hope which makes him speechless because he clearly gonna miss the event . it was something that given on his part but to reject Yerim, it was something else but luckily he was saved when Yerim’s phone rang.

“Go ahead, pick up. I gotta go, bye.” Mark quickly excused himself, using the chance to end this awkward conversation before making his way back to the resort lobby after a quick bye wave.

He walked away, not trying to think about anything including the fact that he just talk to Yerim but things changed when he saw a glimpse of Jinyoung's face, seemingly heading towards his way.

It wasn't needed really but his body automatically reacted as he dashed and hide behind a nearby pillar. The author watches has the said man headed towards the lady by the beach, greeting her with a peck on the lips. It was stupid really, he didn't need to hide but somehow his body aren't listening, it just didn't want to deal with Jinyoung's for now.

Taking a deep breath, he tear his gaze away from the pair as he heads straight back to the suite again. Mark was surprised to bump into the other at the door, seemingly just back from the meeting himself.

“Oh, where have you been?” Jackson asked lightly, happy to see the other look better than yesterday.

“Just walking around, you done with the meetings?” Mark answered vaguely as they entered the suite, feeling that earlier encounter isn't important to share.

“Yup, gonna take some rest, then we can can head for lunch.” Jackson said, plopping himself down on the sofa before gulping down the water that he had just grabbed from the bar fridge along the way.

“How did it go, alright?” Mark asked, unsure since he wasn't truly informed of the work things but it's better than just sitting in silence.

“It's alright but I'm not really keen on that offer, I think we can find a better offer.” Jackson replied loosely, forgetting that Mark didn't know much details about the work here.

“What offer?” The author asked like a lost puppy causing Jackson to mentally smack himself before smiling sheepishly.

“Well, you know the guy from yesterday? He is the owner here right but also a close senior of mine. He offered to open an outlet here at this resort which I agreed but because our usual construction company is full at hand, we need to find another company to work on this outlet. That's why I came here, it just better to visualise the offer when I'm at the location.” Jackson explained, earning an understanding nod from Mark.

“I guess, you haven't found a company that suit your fancy, seeing how stress you still look now.” The author commented causing the younger beside him to wander if he should share about his encounter earlier, it's definitely wasn't pleasant for him.

“Well, you know me but I'm sure it will be settled soon so how was your morning, better than yesterday?” Jackson decided to just skip on the unpleasant topic before turning back the attention to Mark.

“It's was fine, the view and breakfast really cheer me up.” The author answered even if he notices the changes of topic because he knows there is no used in prying on the topic.

“Ah, such a true foodie. Only food can cure you in the way that I can't do.” Jackson sighed dramatically causing Mark to chuckled before rolling his eyes at the younger. 

“Oh why, I lose to breakfast. Am I not good enough for you, Yi En?” The young president continues like the dramatic king he is earning chuckles from the amused author.

“Well, impress me later at lunch than I will rethink the options”. Mark played along causing Jackson to playfully gasp, looking touched at those words.

“Oh, Mark... My sweet sweet Mark... I can't wait for lunch.” Jackson sighed like a fool in love before glomping the author with hugs.

“Tsk tsk, you just wanna hug me, do you?”The author commented, smiling but never less enjoying the warmness.

“Well, it's good for the heart and brain so it's good for you. My Yi En deserves better, like me for example.” Jackson semi-joked, wiggling his eyebrows causing Mark to just pinch his nose in defeat, the man really knows how to make him laugh.

If one things he never regrets during this trip was in fact he bumped into the other here because if he didn't, he probably will be to occupied being depressed to even care.

“You know, I'm serious about us. We matched well, we are both broken hearted so why don't give us a try?” Jackson said, in a more firm tone which pulls Mark out from his own thoughts.

“Ka Yee, I would love too but what if we end up just using each due to our loneliness. I don't want to lose a friend over an uncertain relationship.” Mark said, trying hard to make sure Jackson knows what he really meant, he didn't mean anything in a bad light.

The young president just smiled, he understands therefore he patted the older head before letting go, resting himself completely on the sofa with eyes close. Thick silence surround the air by then which cause Mark to be nervous, he wasn't sure how to read the younger reaction nor movement. He stayed quiet, watching Jackson fall into a deep slumber, snoring faintly which clearly a sign that he's tired.

Letting out a small sigh, Mark decided to distract himself by pulling out his phone and typing those ideas out, those ideas that come running in as he stares at the cutie whose faintly snoring beside him because honestly, he could get use to it

An hour fly by just like that and right now, Mark found himself staring at the pair seating tables away who's giggling at everything while Jackson sighed, clearly noticing the sadness in the older eyes.

“Hey, it’s already packed here. Let’s seat outside, facing the pools.” Jackson suggested before immediately pulling the author away, not giving that Jinyoung a chance to notice their existence.

Seeing at how unsettled the author looked, he reached out to hold his hand which immediately caught Mark’s attention as he look at the reassuring smile his neighbour giving him.

“Sorry, I think I’m just not ready to face this. I’m not used to seeing him with someone else.” Mark confessed, feeling sorry but Jackson instead just gave his hand a squeeze before patting his head.

“Don’t worry, don’t think of them. Think about me instead, it’s said to cure you almost instantly like magic. You gonna miss out, the offer is only for today.” Jackson said almost like an ad, ending it with one of his signature cheesy smile that tickles Mark each time.

“Right, I need to see how you will wow me. I’m waiting.” Mark commented, remembered of their drama from earlier which definitely loosen him up for sure.

“Don’t you worry, I requested for a special something that’s for sure will snatch your heart into my pocket.” Jackson said confidently while Mark smile at that cuteness, he can’t wait to see what is it.

Their chit-chats through the main dish definitely makes the older forget about the couple , he was too busy laughing to even care and that’s good in Jackson’s eyes because he rather watch the other in laughter than in sadness.

Jackson isn’t a busybody nor he wants to get involved in the other love issue but he just can’t stand it seeing someone as good as Mark got hurt like that, like as if he is worthless.

In his case, it’s different. He will speak out and show his dissatisfaction and anger towards Jaebum or anybody else. It was just in his character to speak out his mind while the author, it’s the opposite and it’s clearly wasn’t doing any good nor healthy for him.

“Ka Yee, it’s seems like your surprise is here.” Mark’s soft voice was heard, pulling the young president out of his own deep thoughts.

Jackson smile sheepishly before thanking the waiter that brought his surprise, he look at Mark before opening the cover to reveal the dessert.

“This is so cute.” Mark cooed in happiness at those animal decorated parfaits, quickly pulling out his phone to snap a picture of the cuteness.

“I know, that’s my weapon because you can’t resist cuteness.” Jackson said, smirking playfully causing Mark to look at him with curious eyes.

“Who told you my weakness?” Mark questioned, looking at the young president who immediately turn quiet, he can’t break his promise.

Seeing how the younger reacted, Mark think he knows who told Jackson but he gonna play for a bit and see how long the other can last hiding from him.

“Fine, don’t tell me. I just won’t eat with you.” Mark ‘sulked’, getting up to leave but Jackson hold on looking at him with puppy eyes.

“It’s Yugyeom, why must you do this to me?” Jackson whined like a kid who betrayed his buddy while Mark just smile in victory.

“I know because he always used his puppy eyes against me. That kid.” Mark chuckled before sticking his tongue out playfully while Jackson cursed himself for falling into Yugyeom’s trap.

“What did he ask for in an exchange?” Mark asked after seeing the ‘betrayed’ and deflated younger who clearly didn’t know how the evil Kim Yugyeom works.

“It’s free supply of chocolate milk for a month.” Jackson said sadly, taking a big spoonful off his parfait to feed the sadness away while Mark just stare in disbelief.

“A month? Why didn’t you just ask me? I would have tell you.” Mark asked, reaching out to hold the sad human’s hand.

“Well, it won’t be a surprise if I ask you. I can’t believe I got cheated off a month of chocolate milk. “ Jackson sighed before pouting which tickles Mark’s heart as he laughs while pinching that cute cheeks.

“Aww. you’re so cute. Don’t worry, I will deal with that kid for you.” Mark cooed, making Jackson smile like an idiot before unconsciously leaning in to give Mark a quick peck on the cheek, unconscious off the paparazzi that’s been following and snapping pictures of them.

Mark was stunned by that action, he clearly wasn’t expecting that and being the awkwards that he was, he ended up awkwardly eating the pafait while stealing glances at the happy human in front of him who clearly didn't read too much into his own action earlier.

Oh boy, how wrong Mark is because Jackson is freaking out inside. He wasn’t sure if he was crazy but he knows for sure now there’s gonna be awkwardness because of him, just look at how lost the older look now.

Like as if it wasn’t awkward enough, while eating Mark found something shiny in the middle of his parfait which of course he scooped out and to his surprise it was a ring that makes Jackson pauses because he totally forget about that.

“Ka Yee…” Mark muttered out with questioning eyes, staring at the frozen Jackson who suddenly reached out for the ring before trying to throw it in the pool but the author managed to stop him.

“Calm down, let’s just eat first. We don’t have to talk about it.” Mark uttered, calming the younger down when he got the gist that it’s something to do with Jaebum because the younger only becomes emotionally unbalanced when it’s about him.

That lunch took a drastic turn at the end but it wasn’t bad, the author clearly enjoyed it but seeing the younger looking more depressed since lunch, it’s bothering him.

He wanted so much to help but Jackson seems to be in his own trail of thoughts, somehow in his own quiet space.

Not wanting to invade more than he should, Mark just stay put on the couch while watching Jackson spacing out on the bed, that ring still in his hand.

“Yi En, will you marry me?” Those words come out unexpectedly, making the author speechless as he stares at the president whose right now staring back at him.


Hello! It's good to see the comments from the last chapter, thank you so much for the support.

Feel so loved and motivated that this chapter was done faster than expected, hope you guys will enjoy it.

i haven't really plan much for this story but I know it will be around 10 chapters so it will be slighter shorter than my usual.

Once this story is done, I feel like it's maybe about time I stop writing them. With a lot of hate on this ship, it really took a toll on my muse

and I don't want to hate them because of those people. I'm still thinking through things so if you guys have opinion on me leaving or staying, do share

your thoughts.  Well enough of the sad stuffs, remember to comment on this chapter. It really cheers me up :)

:) InfinitelyCassie