Knock 2

Knocking On Your Heart

KNOCK 2

 

Mark was furiously typing away, he still have half a book not done with a deadline in a month so he decided to chuck aside his love issue for today and start working again right after his breakfast.


It wasn’t until his phone rang that Mark noticed it was lunch time, he quickly picked it up without sparing a look at the name flashing on the screen.


“Marky, what are you doing?” Jinyoung’s voice greeted happily causing Mark to freeze for a bit; finally realizing it was his boyfriend that was calling.


“Working.” Mark answered shortly, he wasn’t sure how he should react towards the whole thing, he was wondering if he should just confront Jinyoung and told him what he knows about yesterday.


“Baby, don’t be mad. I was busy with work; I didn’t mean to cancel on you yesterday.” Jinyoung lied with a sweet voice, it almost makes Mark wince at the fact that it came out so smoothly, almost real.


“Right, I understand. I need to go n…” Mark answered, trying to hang up on the call because he seriously wasn’t in the mood to be fed with more lies.


“Wait, Mark. I might be coming over for lunch. What do you want to eat?” Jinyoung asked nicely, hoping that Mark will cool down if he comes over to see him.


“Might? If you are unsure, don’t bother.” Mark exclaimed, he wasn’t hoping anyway because he was used to seeing the other only twice or thrice a week if he is lucky.


“Mark, are you seriously sulking over this? I just missed yesterday; I’m coming for you, today.” Jinyoung sighed, he really can’t understand the other’s mood today, it’s too messy for him to deal with.


“Whatever, Jin. Take care, bye.” Mark sighed before hanging up on the other; he just wasn’t in the mood to hear more stuff that’s not needed in his brain right now.


He quickly got up to make himself some sandwiches because he wasn’t that hungry before returning straight back to the front of his laptop, typing while munching away his stress.


About half an hour passed before Mark heard his doorbell ringing causing him to raise his eyebrows since usually Jinyoung would just invite himself in with his own set of keys.


Mark sluggishly makes his way to the door, not in the mood for any human interaction after spending half of the day typing away in his cozy pajamas, it’s just the way he likes it when he works on his novel.


“Hey!” A cheery Jackson greeted, surprising Mark who clearly was expecting his boyfriend while
Jackson just smile looking at the cuteness that greeted him, oversize shirt, Winnie the pooh slippers and pajamas bottom.


“Hey, you look good.” Mark blurts out awkwardly in his panic attempt to look less non human but he clearly failed when he received a hearty laugh in return.


“Thank you, you look cozy, yourself.” Jackson said after his laughter died down causing Mark to smile sheepishly, kind of embarrassed that he greeted the new neighbor in his current state.


“Well, I’m here to drop you this.” Jackson exclaimed, grinning before he presented a cake box, obviously surprising the author.


“I thought you deserve a cake from me after giving up yours to me, yesterday. Please, don’t reject it.” Jackson added, cutely with a slight puppy eyes that Mark found super cute, well he is a er to cuteness so that didn’t help.


“Fine, if only you eat it with me. I can’t eat it up, alone.” Mark insisted, accepting the box before noticing it was already past lunch time which means Park Jinyoung clearly isn’t coming.


“Alright, let’s eat. I brought some burgers too, let’s share.” Jackson nodded; it wasn’t something that he should reject anyway because at the end of the day, it’s nice to share your lunch time with someone.


With that being said, Mark invited his new neighbor in for lunch as they settled at the dining table before starting to chat in their native language which quickly dispersed the awkwardness away.


“I tried to get you coffee but it’s sold out so I got you cookie and cream instead. Hope you like them.” Jackson said apologetically causing Mark to quickly shake his head before excitedly opening the box.


“It’s fine, I don’t really like coffee anyway but cookie and cream is perfect.” Mark said, his eyes twinkling at the sight of the deliciousness before he quickly grab a plate for him and Jackson


“This is heaven, thanks Jackson.” Mark sighed as he happily dives into his slice after cutting a slice each for himself and his new neighbor.


“No problem, I thought their cakes will be good after trying some of their egg tarts yesterday, you know the small bakery down the street, opposite of the mall?” Jackson replied with a grin, totally satisfied to see the other appreciate his effort.


“Yes, their baked goods are lovely but quick to sell out; I usually rushed in the morning to get my hands on their breads and buns especially the cheese ones.” Mark nodded in agreement, in love with the sweets and breads that came from that bakery.


“Cheese, it’s my favorite. I hope, I will get my hands on them too.” Jackson sighed, thinking about all the lovely cheese buns he had missed out, it must be heaven.


Mark chuckled at the cuteness, he never met someone whose it’s that serious about his cheese before and it’s cute. He feels the other love for food, like him.


“I know, I’m weird; you can laugh all you want.” Jackson teased, pouting causing Mark to smile at the fake hurt before playfully rolling his eyes.


“Do I seem normal to you? I look like a mess while eating with my new neighbor, wearing Winnie the Pooh slippers. How is this normal?” Mark commented causing the other to laugh heartily before muttering ‘cute; under his breath that didn’t go unnoticed by the author.


“I am a mess, how is this cute?” Mark muttered, shaking his head before stuffing more cake into his mouth while Jackson just stares, clearly amused by the character in front of him.


“You are a mess but messily cute. I want to keep you in my pocket.” Jackson suddenly remarked causing Mark to choke on his cake in surprise, making Jackson run to the kitchen for some water.


He quickly grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before passing it to the other, making sure Mark’s breathing regulate to normal before he sighed in relief.


“You nearly died, Mark.” Jackson nagged, taking a seat back again before staring at the flushed other who was clearly embarrassed.


“It’s your fault for calling me, cute. You almost killed me.” Mark childishly rebutted, trying to make sure he didn’t blushed hard in front of his neighbor.


Jackson smirked at the pink cheeks before purposely getting up to move his face nearer to the other, whispering into his ears.


“You better stop blushing before I really put you in my pocket.” Jackson teased causing Mark’s cheeks to immediately turn hot before he looks at the cheeky smile, going along with the flow.


“Are you flirting with me, Jackson?” Mark asked in a low tone, y enough to surprise the young president but he still keeps that cheeky smile on, it’s just joking around after all.


“What if I do, Mark?” Jackson responded before they burst out laughing at the flirting in mandarin, it’s just foreign for both.


“Ahemm.” A voice broke their laughter and distance before they turned to look at a rather harden expression Jinyoung who clearly looked pissed in Mark’s eyes while Jackson stay lost, looking at both party expression.


Unknown to both, Jinyoung has been there long enough to witness the so called flirting even though it’s in Mark’s native language; he wasn’t dumb because he can clearly read the movement and expression just well.


“Mark, a new face. Who is this?” Jinyoung asked, breaking the ice before giving a small smile to Jackson who awkwardly received it as he watches the newcomer making himself comfortable, putting what seems like lunch and another cake box on the table.


“Jackson, my new neighbor. This is Jinyoung, my best frie..” Mark replied but his words was cut by Jinyoung before the said man pull him to his room, not even muttering ‘excuse us’ to Jackson.


Jackson who was lost at the sudden action, took his seat back again while wondering if he should just leave now or wait to inform Mark first, he decided on the later part because it might seem rude to leave without a word.


“What are you doing, Jin? I have a guest.” Mark said, trying to get out from his room but the other suddenly pulled him into a back hug, not really surprising him because it was something Jinyoung loves to do to soothe things over with him.


“I miss you, Marky. I’m jealous seeing you close to him. You know how much I love you, please don’t do that to me again. I don’t like seeing him with you.” Jinyoung said softly, possessiveness clear in his voice even though he tried to hide it.


“Jin, we are just talking. It was nothing, alright. Can you let me go now, I’m not in the mood for this?” Mark said, he knows how possessive his boyfriend is towards him but to be all over him after getting engaged yesterday to someone else, it’s was absurd in his brain.


“Marky.” Jinyoung purred ily before turning Mark to look at him while over at the dining table, Jackson felt a vibration causing him to check the source, it was Mark’s phone with an incoming call.


Not sure if it’s important, Jackson decided to just jogged over to the bedroom’s direction with the device in hand before planning to call out for Mark but what he saw in that gap makes him stop every intention.


Jinyoung and Mark was kissing, Jackson’s brain can’t register that because he clearly heard something like best friend earlier, right so why are they locking lips now.


The young president clearly didn’t know how react so he just retreated and took a seat back, stuffing his cake into his mouth while trying to erase that weird scene from his mind.


Mark immediately pushed away when he realized Jinyoung wanted to take things further, he stay quiet because it was just a kiss but he clearly wasn’t in the mood for anything more.


“Baby, I miss you. It’s been a week, let’s have some fun.” Jinyoung purred again, holding onto his waist, dismissing his action but Mark had enough so he just walk out and left  the other behind.


“Hey, sorry about that. It’s probably bad to leave my guest all, alone.” Mark apologized after seeing how Jackson eating alone, quietly.


“No, it’s fine. I need to go now too. Thanks for the invite, it was fun chatting.” Jackson said, smiling while trying to act normal as he slowly pick up his phone and car keys from the table before walking towards the door, accompanied by Mark.


“Thanks for the cake, it was the best. I had fun hanging out.” Mark thanked, still talking in their native language which clearly makes Jackson smile.


“Me too, we should probably go on food dates more often.” Jackson said, suggesting it lightly since it seems to be good idea to hang out over food.


“Deal, it will be my pleasure.” Mark replied, excitedly to have someone to explore his foodie side since his juniors are mostly junk food lovers while Jinyoung is a picky eater so it was just him, alone exploring new food and whatnot.

They exchanged waves before Jackson decided to just head for his apartment on the opposite side since he wasn’t in the mood to return back to the office, the scene earlier was just too distracting while Mark just waited until his neighbour enters his apartment before closing his own door, smiling at the thought of upcoming food adventures.

“Marky…” Jinyoung whined when he found his boyfriend seating at the dining table alone even after his new neighbour left.

Mark just ignored the other as he stuffed more cookie and cream into his mouth, making Jinyoung frown.

“Marky, let's cut your cake. I got you a belated birthday cake.” Jinyoung exclaimed, trying to change the mood and get the other attention back at the same time.

He reached out to pulled over the cake box before excitedly opening for Mark who wasn't really anticipating the content, it has been the same thing for the past seven years.

“Coffee cake, our favourite.” Jinyoung cheered, excitedly causing Mark to just nod while correcting the other's words in his head.

“It's your favourite, not ours.” Mark sighed in his head, it's not like he didn't try hinting he wasn't big on coffee flavoured stuff but Park Jinyoung wasn't the type to bother, things are all good if you go by his book.

Left with no choice, Mark spent time to learn and embrace Jinyoung's likes because in their relationship, the other's words are rule and he has to only abide it.

“Ah ~”  Jinyoung exclaimed, trying to feed a bit but Mark just shook his head, pointing on the half eaten cake on his current plate.

“Mark, did that guy bought that for you?” Jinyoung sighed, clearly wasn't happy about being rejected but kept his cool.

“Yes, why? " Mark replied nonchalantly even though he knows the other is pissed, he wasn't gonna give up on his delicious birthday cake so easily.

“You know I don't like him and you are still eating that? What the use of me coming over with this cake then?"  Jinyoung sighed, looking straight at Mark who somehow look bored.

“Didn't you come to get me in bed, you miss me in bed right? It's nothing to difficult to figure out actually.” Mark answered with a straight face, looking straight at the offended looking boyfriend.

“Mark, you know i love you. I won't only come because of that, what are you saying? Why are you acting like this, are you still mad about yesterday?” Jinyoung exclaimed, not understanding why those come out of the usually understanding and quiet author.

Mark almost wanted to laugh at those words, somehow it feels so weird to him because it dawn upon to him clearly that these days, he was more of sleeping partner than a boyfriend.

He knows from the start that Jinyoung is ually active and heavy on skinship but for the past year, their meetings or dates turn into a make out session or more rather than a simple date.

It was fine at first because he thought the other was just too stress up but now, it makes him feel like he's just a convenience in his time of need.

“Marky, say something.” Jinyoung said, getting anxious that he wasn't getting any reply as he stare at the other, who look so distance right now.

“Do you think i have the right to be mad, Jinyoung? I know, you put everything else above me and i'm used to it." Mark answered simply before he got up to keep the untouched portion of his cookie and cream cake back into the box before heading to the kitchen to keep it away.

Jinyoung sighed, he really hates it when the other bring this topic up because it clearly isn't easy for him to juggle between Mark and his family, himself.

He was about to go after his boyfriend when his phone rings causing him to quickly pick up as he saw the number flashing.

Mark who clearly heard the ring slowly makes his way back to the table just to see Jinyoung smiling as he whispered into the phone suspiciously.

He kept quiet, observing the other from behind until Jinyoung finally ends the call before grabbing his bag.

“Who's that?” Mark asked, breaking the silence as he startled his boyfriend who look guilty before it slowly change into a smile for him.

“Work call, I need to go. I will come again, tomorrow." Jinyoung answered as he got up before hugging Mark who's just staring at him with an unreadable expression.

Before Jinyoung could walk away from him, Mark hold on those familiar hands.

“Jin, do you have something to tell me?” Mark asked, rather quietly as he gave the other a chance to say something, to tell him the truth behind his absence yesterday.

“No, Marky. What do you mean?” Jinyoung asked, masking his nervousness because he was sure his boyfriend knows nothing about Yerim, his fiance.

“Are you sure you don't have something to tell me?” Mark asked again, this time firmer as he prompt a second time for the secretly panicking other.

Jin young didn't trust his voice at the moment, he might crack so he decided to nod, showing his charming smile that Mark loves.

“Alright but you do know what I hate the most right?” Mark said, returning a small smile, knowing clearly Jinyoung ain't gonna say anything.

“Of course, liar.” Jinyoung answered, trying his best to sound normal and unaffected.

“Great, you remember.” Mark muttered in a deep voice with almost a smirk, scaring Jinyoung.

He had to admit that the author rarely gets mad but when he does, Jinyoung didn't want to be the reason of it because he is scary.

“Marky, why are you acting all scary? I need to go now.” Jinyoung said lightly, smiling before walking away after giving a peck on Mark's cheek.

Mark feels like crying but laughing at the same time when the door closes as his boyfriend exit, he had expected no truth from the other so why did he bother asking.

Pushing aside all that pain, the author dive back into writing because he just don't want to deal with these thoughts now.

+++

Mark stares at the clock ticking, he just finish eating breakfast and he was bored to death. It was his first day of freedom after typing like crazy for the last two weeks.

Yes, two long weeks that he spent inside typing away since his muse kick in and it wasn't like he had anything else to do.

The same two long weeks since he last saw or heard from his boyfriend and new neighbor, it makes him laugh again at what Jinyoung said before he left ‘I will come again tomorrow’ because he is an idiot if he believes that wherelse he didn't see Jackson around so he assumed the other is busy.

Sighing, he decided to turn on the television for some entertainment when his phone rang with Youngjae's number flashing.

“Good morning, Young. What’s up?” Mark greeted cheerfully, wondering since usually at this timing the other are busy running from one location to the other for his cover stories.

“Good morning, Mark hyung. Are you busy today?” Youngjae greeted before asking the crucial question while praying the older aren’t busy with his book today.

“Nope, I’m practically done last night so I’m free. Why?” Mark asked, lost since the younger do sound a bit panicky but he might be imagining it.

“Great! Can you help to be my photographer for today? My usual guy was in a minor accident early morning just now and I don’t have a replacement.” Youngjae asked for that important favor since his senior is perfect for the job given he was a part of the photography club in college.

It has been a while since he plays around with a camera so he wasn’t sure that he would do fine to match the top quality photos in Youngjae’s company magazine but hearing the panicky younger makes him worry.

“ Sure, just for today right?” Mark answered, making the younger cheered in happiness while he only smile, hearing the happy other.

“Yes, I will pick you up in an hour Mark hyung.” Youngjae added excitedly before they hang up after a quick ‘see you soon’.

With that hour to spare, Mark quickly got up to get ready while not forgetting to grab his manuscript so that he can drop it off at his editor place somewhere along the way after being done playing photographer for Youngjae.

“Hey Mark hyung.” Youngjae greeted happily, giving the older a quick hug the moment he took a seat beside him who's in the driver’s seat.

“How have you been, Young?” Mark asked after they let go before quickly snapping on that seat belt.

“Good, hyung. I has just been a busy bee recently and Yug is overwhelmed by his final year project.” Youngjae answered, clearing explaining to the older as to reason why his juniors hasn’t been popping over to his place recently.

“I see, don’t be too hard on yourself. You don’t want that giant baby to nag again.” Mark commented, smiling at the thought of their youngest who's clearly the mature adult among them three.

“Please, no. I already start imagining it now, I’m going to be deaf by the time he is done.” Youngjae sighed dramatically which cause them to broke into laughter.

“How many places are we going today?” Mark asked after their laughter died down, remembering about the job that they are heading to.

“Only one, it’s a interview with the heir of Wang Group. It’s the opening of their first restaurant here in Korea, today.” Youngjae explained simply, knowing that the older doesn’t know much nor interested in the socialite life.

“Right, where’s the camera? I want to fiddle around and get use to it.” Mark answered, nodding since he knows Youngjae usually deals with socialite or entertainment side which honestly, he has no interest in because people in that life are too judgemental and he wasn’t the type to judge nor try to fit the crowd.

Youngjae smiled at the chill older before reaching for the equipment and passed it to the delighted author who's excited at the sight of the gadget.

Their ride continues on in comfortable atmosphere with small chit chats to catch up before they parked at a car park near the venue.

As they walked towards the crowded restaurant, he was impressed by the luxurious set up that wasn’t too overwhelming in his opinion because it was simple but enough to make people wowed by it, especially the black sign with the name ‘The Palace’ in gold lettering imprinted on it.

“Wow, this place is nice. You can snap the entrance and sign first, hyung.” Youngjae commented which earned a nod from Mark who quickly snapped the requested shots.

With the shots taken, they advanced forward and the crowded venue with guests and media alike who clearly enjoying their time.

As they try to find for Mr Wang or his secretary among the crowd according to the younger reporter, Mark snapped a few shots of the interior and atmosphere because who knows Youngjae might need it.

While panning the camera around, he caught on a familiar face that seems to be moving forward before stopping right of him because he clearly heard Youngjae squeaked.

He pulled the camera away just to see an immobilized Youngjae beside him while the figure was just smiling at them.

 


Hi Influffies! Sorry it took so long to get this up, I just got caught up with life and a writer block that happens in between. Thank you for all the subscriptions, it's great to see everyone anticipating it. I'm currently quite stuck so I'm thinking if the plot worth the continuation so if you enjoyed it so far do comment below and tell me. Thanks and until then, stay healthy and fluffy.

InfinitelyCassie<3