Chapter 8

The Importance

When we got back to the train station in Seoul there wasn't really a big crowd. There were maybe 5 people, the boys were tired but stopped and gave all of them autographs and took group pictures with them. 

We them left to go back to the dorm. After making sure that the boys were settled down with Tylenol, water, and instructions to test for the rest of the day. I went to go talk to Bang Si Hyuk. He should know what Young and I are going to do. 

When I knocked I got an immediate reply. 

"Come in." and I entered kinda nervous about how this conversation would go. 

"Aaaa Sung Uk how good to see you again."

"Yes Mr. Si Hyuk. It's been far too long since our last chat that wasn't about the boys."

"What do you need? You seem nervous about something."

"Well... Mr. Si Hyuk.. Young Kwang and I have been talking." this nervousness shouldn't be here. No matter what he says we are going to do it anyway. Stop being a wimp.

"About?" he prompted, wanting me to continue.

"The KDAs are in a week and Young Kwang has invited me to go."

"Finally! It's about time. I was beginning to think it was never gonna happen."

"Uhm.. sir? You don't even know what I was going to say."

"You're saying that you and him are going public at the KDAs right?" he seemed as giddy as a gossip circle. 

"Yes I am."

"That's great. I'm glad you guys are finally taking this step in your relationship."

"We just have to clarify the things that will happen after."

"Understandable."

"We were thinking that it might take a month before everything dies down. Well... enough for me to see the boys again."

"Yes I agree I also think that you should change your callsign. People might find out the meaning of your name and the boys' favorite stylist together."

"Yes that's fine. Ilk ask the boys for help on the new name. One last thing."

"What is it."

"The hyung line, Namjoon, Jin, Yoongi, and Hoseok want to take me to the award show."

"Won't they be recognized?! NO. I can't risk that."

"They can go shopping with Young Kwang and get an outfit they will be unrecognizable in."

He seemed to ponder up for a moment. 

"Please Mr. Si Hyuk. We both know that those 4 boys and I have a special relationship. They've been waiting for this too. Let them do it."

He was still pondering but I saw his resistance break. He was going to say yes!

"Yes I guess they can do it." I was squealing in the inside "but I need to see the outfits beforehand so I can ensure they're not recognizable."

"OK we can so that. Thank you so very much." I was jumping up and down and getting really excited. I tripped on the chair I was sitting in as I was leaving. I get to the door and calm down. Straighten myself out and ready to tell everyone the news.

"Wait! Before you go Sung Uk. Take this card." he hands me a black card, that is very familiar. 

"This is the company card. And you want me to use it for what."

"I want you to buy everything with this card. You deserve it and I think in the future the boys are gonna be making a lit more money."

I fought it a little bit so I'm not gonna complain anymore. I take the card and put it in my purse. I left the room in a chill way but when the door was shut I screamed with my mouth shut in the basically empty hallway.

-----Break-----

Since I has already said goodbye to the boys I started my walk home. At this point it is 3:15 and I know that Young won't be home until later. And he might (hopefully) take me out to eat, or at least cook for me, so we can talk and I don't have to cook. 

When I get home I think it's the perfect time to figure out shopping tines with the girls. I open the '3 Musketeers' chat 

(ATP I'm highly annoyed with this next part. The key is this: Kim Sung Uk is regular. Oh Chae-Yeong is underlined. Ung Min Ji is bold. Thoughts are in italics.)

Hey guys it's me. I have really good news

Yay you didn't forget about us

Sup

She's a cool and collected as always

What is the good news?! Don't make us wait any longer

She was probably whining if I could see her in person.

I can't just tell you like that. You need to guess

You're pregnant

No way. Why would you think that?

Yeah and they aren't married yet.... Or did he propose?

I could see her wiggling her eyebrows. 

No. I hope that he does soon though. 

You guys don't get any more guesses. 2 is enough. 

But why?

Because I can't do anymore of your guesses. I'll just have to tell you guys 

Yay!

Well I talked to Hitman Bang and we talked about the whole relationship going public. 

You can't just leave us on that. 

Yeah. You seemed way too excited just for that conversation. Which we will need the details about. 

Of course not. He gave me the COMPANY CARD courtesy of the company to get my outfit, Young's outfit and the boys outfit. 

Are you serious?

Yeah you better not be kidding 

I take a picture of the card in my hand and reply
The disbelief and untrustworthy id you guys is astonishing. I thought you guys were my best friends. 

Hey Chae-yeong I don't think she was kidding. 

Yeah you're right. Sorry we doubted you. 

Speaking of shopping. When so y'all want to go.

We don't have much time to waste so we should go soon. 

I kinda want Young-kwang and the 4 boys to go shopping first and together.

Did we miss something or did she just refer to Bangtan 

We missed something but your not the only one who heard that 

Please explain. 

After I first told the boys our plans they wanted to take me to the awards.

It was decided that the hyung line would take me. They can go shopping with Young-kwang then we can go a couple days later. 

OK what time and where are we meeting.

Let's say 9am at the usual bookstore. 

On Friday!

That's fine by me. I'll make sure that Young-kwang is done shopping with the boys by Wednesday.

We better get all the details from you about what else Hitman Bang said.

With that the conversation stopped. By now it's 3:30 and Bae should be home soon. Not much longer to wait. To pass the time I start to clean the house. It's relatively clean just things that need to be put away. Always working better with music I start blasting my Quiet Time playlist. (I'm listening to it while typing this.)

By the time I have finished cleaning the house it's 5:30, and Young should be walking through the door any second now. Right as I sit on the couch I hear the door open. Really?! I just sat down.

"Nae salanghaneun salam. (My Beloved) Are you home?"

"Yeah I'm in the living room." I would've gone and greeted him but I was tired and just sat down.

I heard him drop some things off in the kitchen and him walking towards the living room.

"Wow!! You cleaned the living room."

"I actually cleaned the whole apartment."

"Even better!" he comes and scoops me off the couch. Holding me bridal style and my hands hook around his neck, he drops my legs and then holds me by my waist. Young does this sometimes, most of the time I'm prepared so it doesn't surprise me but this time I wasn't ready. So I squealed. 

"Eeeeeee!" then once he stopped, we were still hugging

"What is this for?"

"Just because." then he kisses me, so passionately. My leg pops up and he is still holding me. I imagine that looking at this from a different or third point of view it looked really cute and romantic.

"If I get greeted like this everytime I'm gone for a day, I'll start taking more of them." he puts me down.

"Since you just came back from a successful concert and you cleaned the house, I'll make you dinner, because you must be starving."

"I was hoping you would say that. I really didn't want to cook. And that is why the kitchen hasn't been been deep cleaned from top to bottom."

"You're the best nae salanghaneun salam."

I didn't have a problem with the pet name. It was just sudden. I, being curious, want to know why. As we head to the kitchen I ask. 

"Hey Young."

"Yes?"

"Not that I have a problem with it but why do you keep using nae salanghaneun salam."

"I was wondering when you were going to ask. I had been toying with the idea for a while, but wasn't sure how you'd react."

"Well-"

"I wasn't sure, so I decided that I should just do it and see what happens."

"If you interrupt me one more time babe I swear." it looked like he was going to continue but then thought better of it. "I don't care about the pet name. In fact I like it."

He breathed a sigh of relief and continued getting dinner ready. Meanwhile I sat down at the island in our kitchen. I had no clue what he was making, but I wanted to be surprised so I didn't ask. I turn on the radio, and started singing along softly to what was playing. Young and I didn't talk much but we didn't need to. The silence between us was comfortable. After all if silence between a couple isn't comfortable then it isn't made to be.

All of a sudden Blood, Sweat, and Tears came on. Of course I had to sing and dance along with it. It was probably a strange sight to see if you didn't know. Young cooking calmly in the kitchen and me dancing to BST by BTS.

As the song is finishing up I set the table for 2 people and get drinks for the both of us. We could fit a lot of people at our table. It can seat 8 comfortably, but that is only when it has a leaf inside of it. But we don't have it in. We sit across from each other, preferring to actually see each other when we talk and not have to hurt or necks.

At last dinner is ready. It's a lemon chicken with cous cous and broccoli.

"Babe this looks so good!" I start when he puts the plate in front of me.

"I hope it tastes as good as it looks." Young replies.

He takes a seat and we start eating.

"This food is delicious?" I moan.

"Did you not expect it to be?" he sounds surprised. "You underestimated my cooking again."

In all honesty I was surprised that it was good. "Well I didn't expect if to be bad. Just that the last time you cooked something that had lemon or citrus in it...didn't turn out so good."

He seemed to ponder for a moment and then relented. "Yeah you're right."

"When am I not?"

"I have to ask you a question. But it's bit really a question because I'm getting forced into it."

"Well... Such a hard choice to make. What do you need to tell me?" I was worried. Who and what could force him into anything?

"At the agency today, my manager and I had a meeting about the KDAs. Basically, don't get any bad publicity before then. He said that people want to know more about the life of actors outside of the set. I am one of those actors that they will use on this reality show."

"Okay?" while still eating this delicious meal I reply.

"They film here. And don't leave until they service the show is over."

Now understanding the problem, "I see. So you are asking if I'm okay with what is going to happen?"

"Yes I am. I did ask that they not start filming until after the award show. I wanted to ask you first, because if you said no I would find some way for them to not use me."

I swallow the food I was eating. "I think that you should do it. That we should do it. People night get the wrong idea because you don't often have people come here. You're very private, which is fine, but people might start getting suspicious, and find other means of finding out about you."

"You said yes! That's great. I'll call my manager after dinner."

"How did you get the company to hold off in filming until the KDAs?"

He chuckles. "I told then that as a bachelor, my apartment is really messy and would give a bad image to the pilot episode."

"Hahahahaha!" I noticed he hadn't really eaten his food, because he was talking. So I take control of the conversation. "Well I have news from Hitman Bang... concerning our relationship."

He seemed to in a breath and tense up. Not wanting him to worry or break a fork I continue "He has been waiting for us to take this step."

Young-kwang relaxed immensely. "In fact..." I kept the suspense build up

"What?! You can't leave me hanging like that."

"He gave us the company card to buy the 6 outfits with."

"... ... ... "

Young droped his fork, and his jaw was open. (luckily there wasn't any food inside) letting that sink in I didn't try to continue talking.

"WHAT?! REALLY?!!! HE GAVE US THE COMPANY CARD?"

Staying calm I responded. "Yup."

"To buy 6 outfits.?"

He was back to normal. Let it click that I said 6 in 
5
4
3
2
1

"Where is he getting 6 outfits from. Unless I did my math wrong, there are only 2 of us. Why do we need 4 extra outfits?"

"The Hyung line is coming."

"Why?"

"When I first told the boys about going they all wanted to come with me. Be like my driver and such. It was decided that the hyung line would take me."

It seemed that he finally understood "O OK."

"One last thing. You and the boys need to go shopping by Wednesday. Chae-yeong and Min Ji will tell you what you need."

"OK!" was the simple reply.

We finished the rest of the meal in silence. After dinner I started to do the dishes, and clear the table. Young went into the bedroom to change into sleep clothes. When he was done I was with the dishes. He started putting dishes away while I got changed into sleep clothes. They consisted of a t-shirt that was a little big on me, legging capris, and a hoodie that was Young-kwang's. It was way too big on me but it was really warm. 

We took our usual spots on the couch to watch Big Hero 6. We really just cuddled against one another for the length of the whole movie. As the movie came to a close I has to sing along with Fall Out Boy's Centuries. That also meant I had to get up and jump around crazily to it. Finally the movie came to a close. We out the movie away, turned off all the devices, and went to bed.

-----Line Break-----

As morning arrived, I was up before Young, that means that I started breakfast. I was cooking eggs, bacon, and toast. Something simple for today because I don't know what he will eat later. See? I'm a considerate girlfriend, I cook around what he might eat. Not wanting to ruin his appetite if he eats with friends. 

I can hear him over the light clanging of the pots and pans. He's talking to someone over the phone. I know that it's not a girl because he doesn't know any girls like that. Now I know you might think, what if he cheats? He won't. He's always been very faithful to me.

As I out breakfast on the plates he comes and gives me a back hug.

"Good Morning nae salanghaneun salam."

"Good Morning Young." I reply. He takes the plates and puts them down on the table. 

(A/N: I know this seems like a lot of fluff but I have a word count to meet. This is the easiest way to get it while keeping the story going and not giving pointless information.)

As we sit down for breakfast 
"So I just talked to Namjoon."

He's up this early in the morning? Willingly? That a surprise. "What did you talk about? Was he coherent enough to understand you?"

"Talked about going shopping. We decided that since today is Monday we'll go shopping tomorrow, and that we will probably need to go to at least 3 stores. Yes he understood me. He sounded like he's been up for a couple hours at least."

"OK. I'm probably going to find over and see the boys later. Probably during lunch so that Jin doesn't have to cook."

"That's fine. I'll call Min Ji and Chae-yeong while you're gone. I have no clue what I'm wearing."

"Neither do I, but they do and that is all that matters."

We both lightly laugh at that. Breakfast is finished in comfortable silence. Young starts doing the dishes while I start getting dressed to go out. After all it is 11:00. 


I head over to the boys house it's 12:00 and will probably take me 15 minutes to walk there.

I don't really knock on the door because I have a key, seen parts of them, and don't want them to try and hide something from me. 

The shoe rack by the door is a mess. And so is the rest of their dorm. I'm going kill them. What if they were going to be on surprise show that Hitman Bang likes to do? They should make a good impression in the public areas that people will see most often. They are boys sharing rooms with each other so their bedrooms being a mess is expected.

Pushing those thoughts aside I continue my way inside the dorm.

"What do you guys want for lunch?" I heard Jin say from the kitchen.

"Anything. It doesn't matter what." how Jin heard Yoongi's response was beyond me as he was banging pots and pans in the kitchen. 

So the kitchen was first as I came in. Only Jin was there. It was pretty clean. But if Jin's

"Hey Jin."

"Woahhhhhh!!!" He dropped the pan he was putting away. "Kim Sung Uk. You scared me!"

"Sorry Jin. Didn't mean to. How about you let me cook lunch for all of us."

"That's fine. It'll give me a break."

He leaves me in the kitchen. The boys are gonna have american food today for lunch. They won't always be near a Korean restaurant when in America so they should get used to American food. Today we are gonna have ...... French toast, eggs, and hash browns.

As I'm cooking I can hear,the boys playing a game. Not really noticing that Jin isn't in the kitchen. They must think that he ordered something. Breakfast for lunch! Who would've thought?

It's strange because lunch is almost done yet no one else besides Jin knows that I'm here. O well. I start setting the table. By now I'm being as loud as all heck and they still don't know I'm here.

"Lunch is served! Come and get it!" I hear footsteps thundering toward the table.

"Jin...what's for lunch?" Jungkook replied.

"I have no clue." Jin replied.

"How do you not-" Hoseok started to ask, but stopped when he saw me. "Victory!!!" He screamed.

Luckily I didn't have any food in my hands, so although I was surprised, but prepared for Hoseok's hug. And from that hug came the group hug.

"Awwww thanks guys." I was muffled from me being in the middle of the hug. "Get off so we can eat."

Everyone unpacked from the hug and sat at the table. It was a quiet affair, small talk but no big group conversations. As everyone was slowing down and seemed to have their fill I broke the group silence.

"Jin and I are going out." Everyone looked surprise at me.

Complaints from everyone arose.

"Aaaaa. I'm not done yet. You guys are to clean all public areas of the dorm, spotless. And put a way all the clothes in your rooms in the correct spots."

"I don't think I should leave Victory."

"All the more reason for you to leave. Mom needs a day off. Daddy Namjoon can take care of the children." 

(A/N: I loved writing ^^ that.)

"Jungkook you get to finish the dishes." I state while getting up, hauling Jin with me.

As we leave we pick up his pink shoes to match his pink sweatshirt. Then we rush out the door.

SKIP SKIP SKIP SKIP SKIP

On the way home we picked up dinner for the boys hoping this would be a reward for what the boys have done at home. I'm hoping that all the mess in the public areas is gone.

"Wow!!!" Jin said the minute he walked in the door. The shoe rack by the door was clean.

"Guys! We're back!"

We hear the boys come trapping from hallway and into the living room. The dining room isn't cluttered, and from the glimpse I could see the living room was clean as well. Over all a gigantic inprovement from when we left, deserving  of dinner for them. After dropping off the food and Jin in the dining room I took my leave. They all did hard work. Except Jin of course.

"Dont forget you're going shopping with Young-Kwang tomorrow!" I yell as I leave the dorm.

By the time I get back home Young had left for work. I make instant ramen for myself because I don't feel like cooking anything today. Yes I can have lazy days today. I love but hate being alone like this sometimes. I don't have anxiety or anything, it's just that I get too deep into thoughts that aren't going to happen.

I'm a somewhat self-concious person. Most of the time I don't really care what people think about me. But the one thing I'm sensitive to is the scars I have on my waist from an accident.

I was younger than I am now, in the front seat with a friend driving. We are passing by this property with a barbed wires fence. I unbuckled my seatbelt to grab my phone that dropped. A car slammed into the back of us, I went flying through the windshield. Into the barbed wire. The wire left an 'X' shaped scar on my lower back and hips. It's slightly visible on my body, hopefully at the red carpet for the awards it won't be seen.

After the events of today, and those to come I think its best to hit the hay. Lord knows when that will be.

The next day I didn't do much. I got plants for our balcony because it was looking a little bare. Put those up, then left to go get groceries. With the show happening, we are probably going to go through more food because we'll have like 3 extra people over. After that I stayed home and binged Running Man: The Early Years. Don't judge. It has Song Joong Ki in it. And boy do I love him.

I must've somehow fallen asleep on the couch because I heard the door open and the rustling of bags. Still not fully awake yet I stand in the doorway while Young puts his bags on the table. I only see 4 bags. And one of them is really small.

"Hi" I yawn "... Honey." Hey I'm still tired

"Did I wake you up?"

"Not really. I've been awake for.." I look at the clock "7 minutes."

He laughs lightly.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing."

"No really, tell me."

He comes over to me and gives me a hug. "I was laughing at how cute you are, nae salanghaneun salam." Now he puts his head atop of mine. We just enjoy comforting each other in silence. He breaks it.

"Do you want a present?"

I was just about to fall asleep again, but now I'm wide awake. "Of course I want a present!!"

He let's go of me and opens the smallest bag and pulls out a velvet box. I swear if he proposes to me right now I'm gonna......

He opens it and I see a princess ring! "This is a promise ring. A little more extravagant than most, but this signifies that I only love you and I know that I will only love you. I want you to be reserved for me until marriage."

I'm crying right now. "Yes. But you should have one too because I'm not sharing you." He just so happens to pull out a matching prince ring. We hug one last time then finally go to the bedroom to sleep.

The rest of the days leading up to Friday passed by in much of the same way. Young gave me the card on Wednesday after bringing home another bag. We didn't see much of each other because of out sleeping schedules. I know that he did eat dinner because the leftovers I made for him were gone each morning.

(A/N: just want to tell all of you that I am 312 words over my 4000 word minimum. I was so close to leaving you here, even if it wasn't a cliff hanger. Aren't I good?)

Finally Friday has come. It's 7am its gonna take me about half an hour to reach the bookstore. and I have to find something to wear. I'll be changing a lot so I need something cute, comfy,and easy. I eat breakfast, kiss Young goodbye, and I'm on my way.

When I arrive Chae-yeong and Min Ji are already there before I can even head to the door I'm tackled by both of them.

"We want details!" Chae said immediately.

"Let's walk and talk." Min Ji replied before I could.

"Good idea." I said. With that we went on our way to the first store. They rushed me in that store so quick I couldn't see what store it was.

There were almost no people in the store. They immediately pushed me to the red and white section. Because we were in the store and looking I decided to start the conversation.

"Anyway Hitman Bang said that the company and he especially had been waiting for us to take this step for a while." I started

"I have too girl." Chae said immediately after.

"I think that this is also a really good time for you guys to come out. Personally if yo I guys didn't do it here and now I think you guys might wait for a while and be OK with that." Min Ji gave her two cents. This got relatively deep pretty quick.

"But guys..." I stopped looking for clothes "Wait if they dont like me. The public. Especially his fans, it may not be gigantic but it's a good size, and sometimes the small fandoms are the meanest. What if--"

"That does happen?" Chae interrupted me.

"Let's be honest if Young-Kwang has to put people even his fans in place, he will." Min Ji continued.

"Yeah! He loves you more than his fans!" Chae replied.

"Awwwww what would I do without you guys!" I'm lightly crying  and my arms are open for a hug. They accept of course.

We just stood in this section for a couple minutes with me lightly crying, and my two best friends as my support. When we broke the hug Min Ji looked over at something and froze.

"Chae! Do you see what I see?" Jerking her head in the direction of where it was.

"Wha-- oh!" She replied abruptly stopping as well. They were both blocking me.

"It's perfect!" Min Ji continued. I tried to see what they were talking about. Blocked.

"Shows some skin, not too dressy-"Chae started.

"Not too casual, good length-" Min Ji continued.

"We only need to find accessories. We don't need to go to different stores!" Chae finished.

"Um excuse me. Can I please see what you guys are talking about? After all its what I'm wearing."

Min Ji turns around really quick "Nope you can't see it until you're trying it on."

I was pushed in a fitting room.
"Hey!!! Guys!"

Then I get 2 pieces of fabric thrown at me.

"Put these on!" Chae says.

I put on the clothing and try to see what it looks like but lo and behold there isn't a mirror in the dressing room. It feels nice against my skin. I love the color too.

"Guys, I'm done! Can I come into the out now?" I yell from the room. (A/N: movie reference. Who knows it?) The door opens  Min Ji and Chae are sitting on the little sofa right in front talking about something when it goes quiet.

"Hey it looks OK right?" I was spinning some to see more of it.

"OMG!" Chae said.

"You look soooooo gorgeous. It's official, you can pull off anything." Min Ji said in her chill way.

"Am I allowed to look in the mirror now?" I ask

"Sure. We aren't gonna stop you." Chae replies.

"Turn around." Min Ji sounded excited.

And I did. It was a 2 piece burgundy dress. High wasted long skirt with a line of ruffles down the middle and a halter crop top. It was simple, yet elegant. Basically I fell in love with it. The best part....it covered most of my scars, just the tips were seen.

"You guys picked out the right outfit yet again." I started after giving looking in the mirror.

"Good because that's what we're getting." Chae said.

"The first time in a long time that we didn't have to go to 5 stores just to find the outfit not including accessories." Min Ji stated. It was actually true.

The rest of the shopping trip went well. We talked ate then had the struggle of which shoe to get. We decided on a pair that makes the height difference about 4 inches. Plus I could actually walk in them.

Then they finally noticed my princess ring.

"Wait a second! Has Young-Kwang proposed to you?! And you didn't tell us?!" Chae stated angrily.

"Calm down. I'm sure there is some type reason why Sung Uk didn't tell us." Min Ji mediated.

"He didn't propose. He gave me a promise ring. We will stay reserved for each other until we say I do."

"Awwwwwww that's so cute!!!" Both replied at the same time.

------

I only brought the card home with me. My clothes went to Min Ji's house where my hair and makeup would be done too. Along with the limo getting me from there too. Young-kwang was already asleep so I got changed and climbed in with him. I slept the next 2 days away.

A/N: 5273 words not including this. All the outfits were made by me specifically with this story in mind.

Chapter 9 will be written in the format of news articles. My POV will not be used much....I think. Remember Chapter 10 is double this length.

Those are the rings because Wattpad would let me put them where I wanted. Hers is silver his is gold.

See ya!✌🏼🖐🏼
-selinapotter5

if you know how to add images please help me.